Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Alex Arthur V Scott Harrison - The Only Fight For Either One...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Alex Arthur V Scott Harrison - The Only Fight For Either One...

Arthur has some options. Especially on the domestic scene.

Harrison has few. Even if he comes back at 100% of what he was I'd still have him as an underdog against PacMan, JMM, Valero, Soto, Guzman and possibly Alex Arthur. And I don't think he'll even be 75% of where he was. You cannot punish your body the way he has and expect to be a competitive athlete.

If Harrison comes through a tune up in January he should take another fight in March/April and then look to a summer blockbuster against Arthur. I think AA would destroy him at this point - although thats just conjuncture on my part.

Arthur is not quite good enough for the upper echelon of SF but can make some money fighting the top guys on the British scene.
    I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Alex Arthur V Scott Harrison - The Only Fight For Either One...

Quote Originally Posted by taansend
    Arthur has some options. Especially on the domestic scene.

Harrison has few. Even if he comes back at 100% of what he was I'd still have him as an underdog against PacMan, JMM, Valero, Soto, Guzman and possibly Alex Arthur. And I don't think he'll even be 75% of where he was. You cannot punish your body the way he has and expect to be a competitive athlete.

If Harrison comes through a tune up in January he should take another fight in March/April and then look to a summer blockbuster against Arthur. I think AA would destroy him at this point - although thats just conjuncture on my part.

Arthur is not quite good enough for the upper echelon of SF but can make some money fighting the top guys on the British scene.
    This fight makes sense, but lets be honest. Do you really see Harrison coming back?? I dont.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone think Harrison will be able to get down to Lightweight never mind super feather. I will be impressed if he does as he has been out for ages and abused his body.

Good luck to him though as everybody deserves a second chance.
    Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Harrison is done. He's thrown away what's left of his career. If he were to get in the ring with Arthur, I think he'll get smoked. Arthur is a limited fighter. But I do like watching him fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bukom Battler
    Does anyone think Harrison will be able to get down to Lightweight never mind super feather. I will be impressed if he does as he has been out for ages and abused his body.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6248811.stm

This is an article from around 9 months ago where Scott's dad pretty much said that he would really be struggling to make super-featherweight. We all read stories about him drinking etc in Spain with some dubious friends, and even if 50% of that is true, I really think lightweight is going to be a challenge for him, and if he does come back, it could well be up at light-welterweight, which might well leave him quite feather-fisted compared to others in the division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People,

the reason I wrote this was because Harrison had a Press Conference at his dad's gym yesterday (Monday) in which he said he'd be back at SF by Jan.

Here's a couple of links.

I think Harrison would lose to Arthur - as I stated initially - but he is a tougher fighter. It would be a great fight north of the border (Scotland not Canada )

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/n...on_Father.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...818516,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/7057127.stm
    I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Super feather is one of boxings best divisions at the moment at world land UK level.

If I was Harrison's management I would line him up for a crack at the British title and take it from there.
    Balls

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara
    Super feather is one of boxings best divisions at the moment at world land UK level.

If I was Harrison's management I would line him up for a crack at the British title and take it from there.
    He doesn't need to go for Arthue just yet, there are loads of fighters around that weight class as Porkypara says.

They could line him up with someone like Femi Fehintola for a comeback fight, he's fought for a British title so has some credibility but can't punch his way out of a paper bag and wilts as soon as someone touches his chin or body.

After that Ricky Burns is a slick fighter but no punch and could be backed up by Harrison and Scott could control that fight.

After that guys like Johannson, Arthur, Kevin Mitchell etc, who knows he could even fight Amir Khan.

The superfeather and lightweight divisions are pretty lively in the UK right now and there would be plenty of opportunites for Scott if he can get himself back in the mix.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As Bilbo says there are plenty of opportunities for Harrison to come back in the Super Featherweight and Lightweight divisions, but I still believe that Harrison would be wiser to come back at lightweight or bigger, because there are a fair few bangers in there, and I reckon Harrison would prefer the lightweights. If he can jump in and get a fight with Thaxton before the phenom of Khan gets on to him I think Harrison could claim that British title.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A good first comback fight for Harrison might be Michal Gomez.An exciting but limited slugger with a high work rate.Gomez is also a name most britisn fight fans would recognise and his fights are rarely dull.

If Harrison could not beat the likes of him he may as pack the game in.

Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukom Battler

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6248811.stm

This is an article from around 9 months ago where Scott's dad pretty much said that he would really be struggling to make super-featherweight. We all read stories about him drinking etc in Spain with some dubious friends, and even if 50% of that is true, I really think lightweight is going to be a challenge for him, and if he does come back, it could well be up at light-welterweight, which might well leave him quite feather-fisted compared to others in the division.
    So you think Scott has as much chance of making the feather division as Naz Hamed does? LOL Probably true. Although his alcoholism may have wracked his body, I am thinking you're right that after such a long time making 126 would ruin him before another fighter can. Some fighters can go just six months and find it kills them to make weight (i.e. Castillo and Corrales at 135). Harrison's been off longer than that. !35-40 just might suit him, depending on the opponent.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He says he's only gone 7 weeks without booze.. long time to go yet
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Exactly mate, i no a couple of alcoholics. At the moment it seems Scott is on a high, but if somethng bad happens or something doesnt go his way, which way do you think he will turn? I hope he will be ok but from the clips and the reports i have read over the last couple of years. Id honestly say its long odds he will be back in the ring.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Exactly mate, i no a couple of alcoholics. At the moment it seems Scott is on a high, but if somethng bad happens or something doesnt go his way, which way do you think he will turn? I hope he will be ok but from the clips and the reports i have read over the last couple of years. Id honestly say its long odds he will be back in the ring.
    One of the biggest motivators for him will be all that he's lost. He had at least three houses and cars, but he's had to sell all those to pay off his debts, so hopefully the prospect of getting some of that back might shove a bee up his ass. You know that a sober alcoholic is still an alcoholic, so even if he can stay clean for three or four fights and get a title shot, another breakdown could be just around the corner.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by porkypara

He doesn't need to go for Arthue just yet, there are loads of fighters around that weight class as Porkypara says.

They could line him up with someone like Femi Fehintola for a comeback fight, he's fought for a British title so has some credibility but can't punch his way out of a paper bag and wilts as soon as someone touches his chin or body.

After that Ricky Burns is a slick fighter but no punch and could be backed up by Harrison and Scott could control that fight.

After that guys like Johannson, Arthur, Kevin Mitchell etc, who knows he could even fight Amir Khan.

The superfeather and lightweight divisions are pretty lively in the UK right now and there would be plenty of opportunites for Scott if he can get himself back in the mix.
    michael gomez would be a great opponent if he doesn't his rematch with johanesson.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information