Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Finally Saw Miranda vs Abraham I

First of all, I have to say that this is probably the biggest travesty that I've seen personally in a prize fight.

No Question Miranda should have been champion that night.

I have to give credit to Abraham for the heart he showed in that fight but seriously, that fight should should have been stopped.

It's easy to see by watching that fight why American fighters want no part of going overseas to fight. This is unbelievable and leaves questions in fighter and fans about fighting in another mans country.

That was just not right.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Finally Saw Miranda vs Abraham I

Yeah it should of been stopped. Miranda should of been champ. With that being said that had to be one of the stupidest fouls I ever seen. What the fukk was Miranda thinking? It wasn't even a good head butt. He had no leverage what's so ever on it. And he does it in plain view of the ref. Fukking idiot

XaduBoxer Guest

Who's the ref in the rematch fight? We need a good ref... We don't want the 5 points deduction and a 15 minutes something docs timeout break to happen again...

The ref must control the fight... This is expected to be explosive as the first one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

miranda got robbed no question about that and im pretty certain this time he`ll make sure theres no need to have any doubts over the decision.

But the whole american conspiracy thing??

Edison isnt even american to start with, and anyone that saw branco-lynes and the last danny williams fight will tell you they both were on the back end of potential screwjobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    miranda got robbed no question about that and im pretty certain this time he`ll make sure theres no need to have any doubts over the decision.

Edison isnt even american to start with, and anyone that saw branco-lynes and the last danny williams fight will tell you they both were on the back end of potential screwjobs.
    Actually, I think they mean the reverse. That we're somehow fairer over here than they are over there. The reality is there are probably just as many screwjobs where ever you go, but it's easier to see them when they go against the "local" fighter.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Actually, I think they mean the reverse. That we're somehow fairer over here than they are over there. The reality is there are probably just as many screwjobs where ever you go, but it's easier to see them when they go against the "local" fighter.

Your far less likely to be on the end of a bad decision in the US i think (completely disregarding ODLH-Sturm and lewis-holyfield)

Ive seen shocking decisions in europe over the years, ones that had they been 2 world class fighters in vegas would of been major storys around the world.

vegas tend to stick with the same 8-10 judges and in my opinion thats the best soloution to stopping those inconsistant decisions.

Wasnt it a mijares fight where he won comfortably on everyones scorecards.....except for one judge who gave it 120-108 to the other guy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Yeah it should of been stopped. Miranda should of been champ. With that being said that had to be one of the stupidest fouls I ever seen. What the fukk was Miranda thinking? It wasn't even a good head butt. He had no leverage what's so ever on it. And he does it in plain view of the ref. Fukking idiot
    Lmao, I was watching it with my boy and he was saying the exact same thing as you before he left my house. He kept saying "Damn, he had him. Why would he do something so blatant and stupid?"
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Lmao, I was watching it with my boy and he was saying the exact same thing as you before he left my house. He kept saying "Damn, he had him. Why would he do something so blatant and stupid?"
    I agree with you guys with the stupid headbutt. I bet Miranda slaps his forehead evertime he watch that fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miranda got robbed but as much as i hate to say it, i have no problem with the end result simply because cases could be argued for both sides as to why the other should have lost. Miranda with his headbutts and what not but they could argue the fight should have been stopped etc......what it did do is bring us this exciting rematch (kinda like the holt torres fight) Both get a chance to show a clear cut winner this time with hopefully no excuses. I just watched the fight last night as well, and one thing i noticed that i really didn't notice the first time was that miranda took arthurs shots pretty well, at 168 feeling strong and all arthur is going to have to really hurt miranda with something early to make a statement or he's gonna get banks'ed. Miranda for once doesn't seem to be looking past this fight and has put all his concentration on this fight for a change, but he needs to stay focused and not get carried away early trying to decapatate abraham and get caught. Miranda predicting a 9th round KO showed me that i doubt he will loose control and try to be paitent, but once he gets in the ring face to face with everyone cheering and carrying on, it might be a whole different story.....
    Last edited by Mar; 06-20-2008 at 03:35 PM.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It all boils down to the ref. for me..

You can't hack AA & you can't hack Miranda.
    What the fuck was Neuman doing in the ring if he wasn't gonna work.
    He's a ref. he gets paid to be in control of the fight and he's the law up there. His fucken check should have been VOID...

All that aside AA wanted no part of Miranda and if it wasnt for AAs management team who literally made AA fight. But clearly AA haad quit on his own.

Miranda got desperate and made a lot of rookie mistakes that night and it cost him the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Telis Assimenios is the ref for the fight...
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    Telis Assimenios is the ref for the fight...
    What are you talking about Telly Savalas is dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Miranda and I think he is good for boxing. He is a trash-talker, but at least he backs it up. Also, he comes to brawl and you know any of his fights are going to end in a KO, whether it's him or his opponent. This is what boxing fans live for. I definitely look forward to his fights. Abraham sure has looked scared in the promotions leading up to this fight. Since Pavlik, Miranda looks a bit better defensively (he is being trained by Quintana's trainer and even lives in Puerto Rico and sports our flag on his gear frequently!). I definitely expect Miranda to win the rematch in another brutal fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I know is that Abraham looked like he had a mouth full of redman chewing tobacco at the end of the fight. Looked like a gotdamn Armenian Hillbilly.

Thread Information