Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto: " IF a boxer calls himself the best ...."

Again the media ask Cotto about Floyd so he replied
    Cotto: " IF a boxer calls himself the best but he decides not to fight the best clearly he is not the best people ain't dumb"

He also said that he can't make him fight, so he will not persuit Floyd he wants to clean the WW to be the best and if Floyd wants to fight him he will be available.

Puya's take: Cotto is gaining popularity in every fight right now Cotto earned with the Mosley fight $5mil for the Margarito fight witch by the way is in the article he wants more than that. By the time when these two are to meet (Floyd and Cotto), Cotto as well will be a bigger name that he is now so if Floyd wants a big chunk of the cut of the cake $$$ he most fight Cotto as soon as possible. OR sadly it will never happen.

El Nuevo Da - Llegó la hora de cosechar
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto: " IF a boxer calls himself the best ...."

Cotto is a true champion.
    I loved the way he answered questions about his opposition with "I'll fight anybody my management put in front of me and I want to fight the best."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    I loved the way he answered questions about his opposition with "I'll fight anybody my management put in front of me and I want to fight the best."
    If only he could speak the same way he talks in spanish. Cotto is a very well spoken person no street like dialect all professional.

HE also said that there are times they are no happy of the opponent but Top rank always do their best to make it work and for that mtter he is pretty much happey with the BobFather.

Looks like Arum don't wants for Cotto to be happy so that history won't repeat itself like OScar and Floyd.
    Last edited by Puya; 04-17-2008 at 10:27 AM.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto is a true professional, he never bad mouths his opponents and always shows respect until he stops in the ring then he's animal. I wish alot of other boxers were like him and just let there boxing do the talking.
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What many people don't understand is that the longer the fight between COTTO AND MAYWEATHER is delayed the bigger advantage Cotto has. Floyd is no spring chicken, and Cotto is 4 years his junior, get a fight between the two in mid 09 I would favor Cotto, but currently I see it being all Floyd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    If only he could speak the same way he talks in spanish. Cotto is a very well spoken person no street like dialect all professional.

HE also said that there are times they are no happy of the opponent but Top rank always do their best to make it work and for that mtter he is pretty much happey with the BobFather.

Looks like Arum don't wants for Cotto to be happy so that history won't repeat itself like OScar and Floyd.
    True. In what he does say, Miguel comes across as a respectful and businesslike young fighter.
    Although he can't fully articulate whjat he wants to say in English yet, he does illustrate that he is intelligent and grounded in what he does say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
    What many people don't understand is that the longer the fight between COTTO AND MAYWEATHER is delayed the bigger advantage Cotto has. Floyd is no spring chicken, and Cotto is 4 years his junior, get a fight between the two in mid 09 I would favor Cotto, but currently I see it being all Floyd
    As Floyd gets older Cotto matures into hisprime.
    I'm no longer certain that it will be all floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was actually thinking of that yesterday... I would truely hate for the finght to get announced (eventually), and it's to that point where the words "prime mayweather would have" are used during predictions and post fight analysis..

Cotto has earned (or is very close to earning) his shot at fighting the TOP guy, while the top guy is still young enough for him to take full credit for the win. I think he deserves the chance to win the title of the undisputed champion at this weight, without any excuses... Floyd is the only one who can give him that shot at being the undisputed best... He is still the one to beat...
    I 100% agree that at this point Floyd has acheived a LOT. And fighters need to earn their chance at beating him... If anyone has earnt their chance though, it's Cotto.

Please Mayweather, don't deny him that shot!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your right, Cotto may still be improving too. It was hard to tell from last week because it was such a cakewalk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerharvey View Post
    Cotto is a true professional, he never bad mouths his opponents and always shows respect until he stops in the ring then he's animal. I wish alot of other boxers were like him and just let there boxing do the talking.
    Have to agree, the amount of shite that some boxers say about other fighters can be a bit embarrasing . Its nice to see boxers acting like true sportsmen every now and again.

Thread Information