Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I still think Berto is a bigger threat to Mayweather than Guerrero

Guerrero is a very good fighter without any glaring deficiencies, but he doesn't have anything that makes me think he poses a serious risk to Mayweather, barring Mayweather finally starting to slide. He's above average in most areas, but exceptional in none and I don't think he brings anything to the table that we haven't already seem Mayweather deal with.

While I do not think Berto would beat Mayweather either, I really believe that Berto's handspeed, determination, and power would make for a much more intriguing match.

jon09 Guest

Default Re: I still think Berto is a bigger threat to Mayweather than Guerrero

These kinda fights are taking a toll on Berto and I think he might want to stay away from hard hitting Mexican southpaws for the rest of his career. I agree with your assessment on both fighters and I do not think Mayweather would ever fight either one of them in this lifetime. Guerrero should fight Tim Bradley 1st then we might see Money May make a move on the winner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think so I think Berto would get knocked down with something and then knocked out seconds after getting up.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with you about Berto being a more intriguing matchup.

I don't think either of them has the tools/skills to beat Mayweather (barring Mayweather getting old overnight), but at least with Berto's handspeed and power he has a much better puncher's chance than Guerrero does.

Both of these guys get potshotted and outboxing by Mayweather all night IMO.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Aydin would over power Guerrero based on his two Jojo Dan fights. I was dead wrong.
    I thought Berto would be to fast, to big and to strong and would get to Guerrero with punches he did not see. I was dead wrong and actually it was Guerrero who looked the bigger and it was he who was catching Berto from both sides.

The Mayweathers (Jeff,Sr,Roger and Floyd) do not like southpaws. Many of Floyd's problems have come from southpaws. Its probably why he has perhaps the best right hand from multiple delivery points in the sport.

I think Guerrero is the more dangerous opponent technically. I've always thought of Berto as a poor mans Shane Mosley only difference being he gets hit more.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Neither of them beats Mayweather right now. Guerrero is a southpaw, good point, but so was Victor Ortiz. In my opinion, Sergio Martinez has the best chance of beating Mayweather right now if the fight was for Martinez's middleweight belt. I'm not saying Martinez wins, but he's got the best shot at the moment. Canelo is too untested.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Neither of them beats Mayweather right now. Guerrero is a southpaw, good point, but so was Victor Ortiz. In my opinion, Sergio Martinez has the best chance of beating Mayweather right now if the fight was for Martinez's middleweight belt. I'm not saying Martinez wins, but he's got the best shot at the moment. Canelo is too untested.
    True but Ortiz is far from a technical fighter like Robert. I don't think either have much of a shot but out of the two Guerrero has the better chance because of his boxing ability. I agree that Martinez has the best shot in the weight area.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berto would be less of a threat than Guerrero because Berto would try to out box him and that would not work with Floyd. Guerrero would try and mug Floyd which is his only chance to pull off the win.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think either one stands a chance in hell vs. PBF...

It's still for me Martinez at 154 followed by Pac at 147 then very slim chance Bradley at 147.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Guerrero is a very good fighter without any glaring deficiencies, but he doesn't have anything that makes me think he poses a serious risk to Mayweather, barring Mayweather finally starting to slide. He's above average in most areas, but exceptional in none and I don't think he brings anything to the table that we haven't already seem Mayweather deal with.

While I do not think Berto would beat Mayweather either, I really believe that Berto's handspeed, determination, and power would make for a much more intriguing match.

This.

Typical case of styles making fights. I also do not believe Berto would beat Floyd.
    But it would be one hell of an entertaining fight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I don't think either one stands a chance in hell vs. PBF...

It's still for me Martinez at 154 followed by Pac at 147 then very slim chance Bradley at 147.
    I agree with this^^

Mayweather dominates all.

I think andre ward at a catchweight will give floyd issues..thats the only way that 0 will go. Lol

No ones beating this guy..only himself.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The andre ward thing was a joke just in case it all kicks off..

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't follow your reasoning on this post.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

I just think that Berto, a very fast, powerful, and exposive fighter, poses a bigger threat to Mayweather than someone like Guerrero who is very good in all areas, but exceptional in none.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

How are you not following the reasoning when he explained the reason? Styles make fights and CFH is saying that Berto's speed is equal to Mayweather's where as Guerrero isn't better or equal to Floyd in any area. Just because Guerrero beat Berto, it doesn't mean that he'll provide the more difficult challenge/intriguing fight for Mayweather.

Thread Information