Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: shannon briggs= im going have to drown him im going have to give him beating

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default shannon briggs= im going have to drown him im going have to give him beating

rest of title is= and have him laying in a puddle of his own piss and blood then he will realize this fight was too soon for him

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article11199.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: shannon briggs= im going have to drown him im going have to give him beating

Unbelievable.

Trash talk is part of the game but Shannon Briggs has to be one of the standout idots of recent memory. Does he actually believe what he is saying? Sadly, I cannot tell.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: shannon briggs= im going have to drown him im going have to give him beating

Honestly this fight has all the makings of another absolutely dreadful fight. Maybe Sultan won't like Briggs power, but Briggs won't have enough gas to do enough to get him out of there. He's so damn immobile and bulky, but he can counter punch a bit.. So basically Sultan probably won't mix it up much. Yuck. imo it's a dreadful HW co feature, Wlad vs Austin will just be a massacre..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never seen Sultan fight but all he has to do is dance in and out (if he's given to such a thing) and wait until Briggs is huffin' and puffin' then just check his chin until he goes beddie-bye.

But if Briggs puts a significant amount of those jabs on him (probably the hardest in the division) then Ibragimov is in trouble.
    Oops

El Kabong Guest

Shannon Briggs is a piece of shit.....he talks trash all the fucking time and RARELY does he back it up!

Talks shit about how he "retired George Foreman"

Talks shit about how Wladimir "ducked him"

Talks shit about Sam Peter

I HATE Shannon Briggs, he's talented but he talks too much shit and has no respect for any other fighters out there.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a fighter right now Briggs ain't done shit! but outbreath/out gut Sergei in hands down THEE boringest fight I've ever watched.... really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Honestly this fight has all the makings of another absolutely dreadful fight. Maybe Sultan won't like Briggs power, but Briggs won't have enough gas to do enough to get him out of there. He's so damn immobile and bulky, but he can counter punch a bit.. So basically Sultan probably won't mix it up much. Yuck. imo it's a dreadful HW co feature, Wlad vs Austin will just be a massacre..
    When has Sultan been in a boring fight?He always mixes it up!He always puts on an exciting show.Briggs is the one who should be scared of the body work Ibragimov does because if he thought he was worn out against Lyakhovich then he is in for a big suprise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Briggs has the potential to be really good.
    Speed ,skill.power and great counter punching.
    BUT the conditioning is teh HUGE question mark.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

landmine I think you need to change your statement to "had" the potential, now he's just a sitting duck for anyone decent to come along and send him into oblivion.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin
    landmine I think you need to change your statement to "had" the potential, now he's just a sitting duck for anyone decent to come along and send him into oblivion.
    Agreed.
    Briggs had those good qualitys, the conditioning / asthma is what kills him in the ring......

He could always go back to acting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There were a few spots in the Sergie fight where he showed what he has. I don't know if its conditioning,fatigue due to all the big muscles, or if it really is asthma. In any event he looked horrible!! If THAT Briggs shows up any HW could step into the ring and KO his lazy a** while hes sucking wind
    Outwork him and drag him out into the deep water and drowned him.
    And Valuev uses that technique perfectly. That would be a interesting fight. If Briggs cant KO Nicolai early.

I came back to add to this post. I hadn't read the full article and just did. I see Shannon used the same terms "drowning" but thinks he will do that to Igbragimov...I doubt it. That seems weird to me based on the last fight.
    Also his comment that "if i threw 1500 punches at a guy he's be dead"
    Thats true because based on 3 punches per round it would take 500 rounds or 50 fight for him to throw 500!! the guy would die of old age!
    I'm starting to wonder if this guy actually believes all this Bullsh1t he's spouting? After that last fight he should be apologizing and making predictions and promises of better conditioning. Its kind of an insult to fight fans after such a poor career and then one VERY LUCKY last second KO in a fight he was losing and boring people to death in he comes back with all this smack. Maybe I'm joining the party late but...I'm starting to dislike this guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shannon Briggs has severe clinically proven asthma. And apparently he said he had an asthma attack early in the fight, and thats not good. He was lucky enough to come through and in the end he wanted it more then Sergei shouldn't he get credit for that?

Shannon can go the distance if he doesn't have another attack.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Shannon Briggs is a piece of shit.....he talks trash all the fucking time and RARELY does he back it up!

Talks shit about how he "retired George Foreman"

Talks shit about how Wladimir "ducked him"

Talks shit about Sam Peter

I HATE Shannon Briggs, he's talented but he talks too much shit and has no respect for any other fighters out there.
    I've never heard Briggs disrespect George Foreman, Lyle. I have heard him talk mad shit about Wladimir and Peter, and I think he stands a reasonably chance of beating them both, and of getting KTFO by both.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Shannon Briggs is a piece of S***.....he talks trash all the F****** time and RARELY does he back it up!

Talks S*** about how he "retired George Foreman"

Talks S*** about how Wladimir "ducked him"

Talks S*** about Sam Peter

I HATE Shannon Briggs, he's talented but he talks too much S*** and has no respect for any other fighters out there.
    I've never heard Briggs disrespect George Foreman, Lyle. I have heard him talk mad S*** about Wladimir and Peter, and I think he stands a reasonably chance of beating them both, and of getting KTFO by both.
    yea me either when did he say it about foreman ?? because if i was him i wouldnt be proud getting gift decision against what was it 47 year old ??

Thread Information