Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Writing a paper on Saddoboxing

Hello my fellow Saddoians. I have to write a paper on a specific cultural group for my Cultural Anthropology class and I think I might write it on the culture of Saddo's - so I've posted this to solicit your opinions on what the culture of the forum would be and what roles certain posters play in that culture, gender divisions (if any), what the hierarchy would be, how are roles determined, taboo's, customs, rituals, etc - basically anything you can think of that would pertain to the culture of Saddo's.

Edit: CC's for all who participate

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Writing a paper on Saddoboxing

Shove those cc's up ya clacka ,You lazy prick you want us to do all your work for you.
    Good thought.

It started with Saddo a lonley poster waining away on a dying boxing forum ;he found himself wanting to create a space in the world for his friends ,boxing fans and boxers to continue to have fun in.
    A type of evolving space that wasnt and isnt available in any other boxing forums.
    It started out from England originally but you'll find he has moved and its now ran from Englands old and worse enemy territories ...yes Saddo is now an SAS ;(saddo assimilating) working from behind enemy lines,just incase something starts up again,we can rest easily.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well heres a quick rundown:

NaseemHamed forum > SaddoBoxing

Saddo himself used to post on the Naseem forum before when Naz lost to MAB the site pretty much got invaded by people trash talking and the site went down the drain. Saddo decided to create a forum where the legit people could go now that the Naz forum had been trashed. So he decided to create Saddo Boxing that I know of Mark_TKO used to post on the Naz forum I'm sure theres others who have posted here. As far as roles well wow! where to start theres used to be a lot of "What if Naz" threads early on here meaning what if Naz would have beat MAB, what if Naz was still fighting.... Those are the earliest debates I saw here at the same time there was a Klitschkos battles people who liked them vs. people who didn't. Then came Hatton vs. Tszyu and Calzaghe vs. Lacy..
    Wow! talk about some heated debates there I mean threads were 10 to 15 pgs. long of GOOD debating with the occaisional idiot here and there talking nonsense.
    As far as hierarchy goes It's pretty simple.
    Saddo
    everyone else
    I mean he runs this place he calls the shots and he makes things happen. We're a community where we all pitch in and bring something to the table wether it's a link to an article or a good comment we all contribute somehow.

As far as gender division I don't think theirs one.
    At this moment that I know of we have Katfight & gally as the only active female posters... I think *Starlet* is also a female but I'm not sure. Other female posters here that have made some kind of impact here have been:
    Star
    rebekah
    jade2_uk
    P.G.H. Angel Eyes
    lisa_25
    emma
    OscarEllaHoya

As for rituals well theres the
    Who are you?
    Who arest thou?
    Hope this helps.
    CC
    SC
    Replace your flux capacitor.
    That is all.
    Silence you village idiot.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Andre and Mick.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats funny first time I came across Saddoboxing, I was searching Naseem Hamed on google and his forum had a saddo banner on it, or it was directly under it on the search page. Too many bongloads.....cant remember shit....

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think theres a place in here somewhere that has all the posters from No 1 onwards, the first 50 or so were all from Nazs original forum from the first couple of weeks change over ,after the final post and few emails spread around a mix came over to join Sad mon ,English ,Mex,Usa and Aussie,most of the smarter/funnier posters came over to Saddos; some of the originals can b found on HAttons forum which got its major boost and all its original help from Saddo himself . Saddo was aka Saddo lonely poster on Nazes; C I wasnt lieing.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats cool that your doing research on saddos!

There is sort of a hierarchial system in place here.
    Saddo
    Moderators
    The Enforcers that keep the place in check
    The "made guys."
    (Guys that have a big rep here but not Mod-types i.e Bilbo VD)
    The Hustlers
    Guys on the way up....Me i guess...
    Amateurs and newbies
    Newbies are the freshest and often most active. However they may develop into the amateur poster who only posts very occasionally or sadly often leaves their Saddoboxing account neglected
    Guests
    I refer to them as "the others" The unseen sneaky types that lurk in the shadows of Saddos realm

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the info guys, I can email the finished paper to you if anyone actually wants to read it (which would surprise the hell outta me).

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You should look into the trainer section. IT has evolved from an original thought between friends into a field of knowledge and attraction to many fighters. People from many fight styles share their experiences and ideas in there.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    You should look into the trainer section. IT has evolved from an original thought between friends into a field of knowledge and attraction to many fighters. People from many fight styles share their experiences and ideas in there.
    Yeah, the ask the trainer section is great. I used to look at it a lot more frequently than I do now, back when I was learning to box (just recreationally, nothing serious) for tips and advice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't forget to mention the "cool-click" system of "checks and balances" and the built-in arcade room where Bilbo's reign was short and without audience.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Don't forget to mention the "cool-click" system of "checks and balances" and the built-in arcade room where Bilbo's reign was short and without audience.

Thanks BG, I forgot all about the arcade... I'm starting to think my paper is going to run well over the 7 page limit...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    Hello my fellow Saddoians. I have to write a paper on a specific cultural group for my Cultural Anthropology class and I think I might write it on the culture of Saddo's - so I've posted this to solicit your opinions on what the culture of the forum would be and what roles certain posters play in that culture, gender divisions (if any), what the hierarchy would be, how are roles determined, taboo's, customs, rituals, etc - basically anything you can think of that would pertain to the culture of Saddo's.

I think for the most part you could make a comparison between Saddo's and the religions of the world. Basically, like all religions there are a hardcore of fanatics who will back their fighter to the point that they will trash talk any other fighter that is even suggested that could be better than their fighter. Those are your terrorists and suicide bombers, willing to die for their cause.

The majority of the forum falls into the fairly moderate category, boxing fans who have their favourites but are open minded to finding out about new fighters, and enjoy the sport of boxing, rather than just following the one fighter.

And then we have the freaks, geeks and loners, otherwise known as "Let's Get it On", the Adult 1000+post hidden board and the British forum respectively.

Personally, I do like to go to the Calendar section for a bit of Buddhist meditation and reflection. Nowhere like it for pure unadulterated peace and quiet.

Good luck mate!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH

I think for the most part you could make a comparison between Saddo's and the religions of the world. Basically, like all religions there are a hardcore of fanatics who will back their fighter to the point that they will trash talk any other fighter that is even suggested that could be better than their fighter. Those are your terrorists and suicide bombers, willing to die for their cause.

The majority of the forum falls into the fairly moderate category, boxing fans who have their favourites but are open minded to finding out about new fighters, and enjoy the sport of boxing, rather than just following the one fighter.

And then we have the freaks, geeks and loners, otherwise known as "Let's Get it On", the Adult 1000+post hidden board and the British forum respectively.

Personally, I do like to go to the Calendar section for a bit of Buddhist meditation and reflection. Nowhere like it for pure unadulterated peace and quiet.

Good luck mate!
    Good points bro, if there's room in the paper I'll definately include that.
    I'm still trying to get to 1000 posts just so I can see the ultra-hidden board. I should just create a post-count raising thread in the spam section like Bilbo did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahahahaha except posts on the spam board dont count towards ur post count

if u cant write about 1000 post board just write about the anticipation of getting there,the excitement the wonder,the fear(of anything X related hehehe)

good luck

id love to read the finished paper

Thread Information