Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why don't people believe Canelo Alvarez about the Mexican beef?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why don't people believe Canelo Alvarez about the Mexican beef?

It's a true story in Mexico steers are really treated with steroids and hormones. Medical experts determined in his blood was levels/amounts in terms of being within range for possible consumption of contaminated meat ....in the normal mean /median/ average mode of detection
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 04-05-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why don't people believe Canelo Alvarez about the Mexican beef?

Because his team are not toothless peasants without a clue what they are doing. He is a multi-million dollar package and they all know better. Even if it is Mexican beef, they should know about that. It would be like you not knowing how to sharpen a pencil Brock.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles let's get real here since when can peasants afford beef?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if it WERE from beef, the above post is exactly why. He’s fought on the same cards with other golden boy fighters who got popped for the same thing and sang the same tune. Oscar may as well have started his own cattle farm and Fed them a steady diet of A side meth if he/Canelo think this sounds reasonable. Does anyone know what the levels he tested were, as opposed to what wouldn’t be consistent with contamination? Maybe the shit wouldn’t even be advantageous for a fighter to take in the latter case, sounds like it has serious side effects in big doses. It’s just a crock.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was within +/- 0.675% of "approximate clenbuterol contamination levels correlative with consumption of contaminated meat".

No reason why the fight was canceled. He should have been tested weekly between now and May 5th to resolve any discrepancies

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If someone spikes your drinks while you're not looking, and later you get pulled over for drunk driving, you're still going to jail.
    Clenbelo was busted..... twice.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing is he wasn't at a bar though, he was eating. Bars are for reckless abandon, whilst eating is for nourishment. I ate a taco in Tamaulipas and I had to jerk off 6 times in 14 hours, believe me Mexican beef is fucking ~WIRED~

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How long has Canelo been boxing?
    How long has Canelo lived in Mexico?
    How long has everybody and their brother known about Mexican beef contamination?

Answer to all three: Long enough to know better.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    How long has Canelo been boxing?
    How long has Canelo lived in Mexico?
    How long has everybody and their brother known about Mexican beef contamination?

Answer to all three: Long enough to know better.
    I think he prefers it because of the rich fattiness of the meat -- he says " Ay, Dios Mio, me ayuda cuando estoy golpeando EL HEAVY BAG". BWAHAHAHAHA

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo should know better, he is a multi million dollar asset who is a highly trained athlete that should monitor eveything that goes into his system.

This was no accident.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Miles let's get real here since when can peasants afford beef?
    Precisely.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The truth is that it shouldn't matter whether people believe him. In just about every other major sport, motivation is not relevant in addressing drug test failures.

The core principle is that athletes are personally responsible for what goes into their body. They are all given extensive lists and details of what substances are banned, and the vast majority of them are very very careful of what they ingest - especially in the cases of over-the-counter medications and supplements (a Vicks inhaler contains enough banned substances for athletes to fail a drug test if they use one), and there are many many examples of people failing drugs tests like this.

Critically, there are even more examples of athletes NOT failing tests like this, so it is both possible and doable to manage ones diet and intake appropriately.

So my first point would be that it is not relevant where the drug came from. Arguing that he ate something by mistake is no defence. Alvarez failed the test, so he should be banned.

Secondly, I believe that just about everybody knows that lots of Mexican (and also North American) beef is contaminated with hormones and steroids. This is not news, especially to a native Mexican whose manager used to be a butcher!

Alvarez will have a nutritionist employed in his team, what was that person doing to earn their money?

Look at at the ridicule Tyson Fury faced when he tried to claim he failed a drug test because he had eaten too much wild boar. He still got banned didn't he?

So my second pointis that it's unlikely that Alvarez and his large professional team were unaware of the possibility of tainted meat in Mexico. I do not believe them when they say it must have been a mistake, and he ate something accidentally. Have they followed his food chain back to the provider and tested it? No.

My third point is that PED abuse is rife in boxing. There have been so many positive tests in the last ten years, and statistically this is likely to only be the tip of the iceberg. The governing bodies, promoters and vested interests essentially turn a blind eye to it, brushing stuff under the carpet or giving laughably short suspensions to the cheats.

This lack of outcome fuels future behaviour, so more boxers will cheat because they think they can get away with it, and because they believe everyone is doing it (i.e. Being clean turns into a disadvantage)

What will happen when someone is seriously injured, or dies, and their opponent fails a drug test. Is that premeditated murder, because it passes every test to qualify as that.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, believing him is irrelevant.

He could test a thousand times clean between now and fight time, it doesnt matter. People still think of the Popeye effect where PEDS are concerned. Jack up, perform, job done. How many times have you heard the old cliche 'the fight was won in the gym'? You might be clean on fight night, but if you cheated in the gym you still fucking cheated.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let’s say this meat stuff is true. Fine, but he still had Clenbuterol in his system and it’s still banned. It’s his responsibility. He gets royally paid for what he does, he and his team have to take responsibility .
    I’ve heard of people getting done for over the counter flu remedies. They probably did have Flu, but if it’s banned , it’s banned.
    Tough fucking shit I say!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if he tested clean from now till the fight date, he's already reaped the benefits of it. It would aide in increase aerobic capacity, increased endurance, increased stress tolerance, burned fat (weight reduction), increased mass and skeletal muscle through the early part of camp. Many of which can be mostly maintained/preserved through natural training till the fight. which is why people don't juice during fights anymore, they juice in camp and then cycle off so they can test clean for the fight. Half or 3/4 of the performance enhancement is better than none.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information