Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haymon fronted bail money and Tarver is released.. ready to resume boxing career

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haymon fronted bail money and Tarver is released.. ready to resume boxing career

Tarver Released From Jail: Credits Haymon For Help - Boxing News

Brothas looking out for each other.. pretty cool of haymon to do that.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Tarver Released From Jail: Credits Haymon For Help - Boxing News

Brothas looking out for each other.. pretty cool of haymon to do that.
    Agreed. Maybe Haymon can influence Tarver to move in the right direction.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haymon fronted bail money and Tarver is released.. ready to resume boxing career

Tarver is what, 45? This won't end well for him unless he really tones it all down and never gambles again. I know that Haymon has Arreola and Wilder in his stable, maybe he plans to feed Tarver to one of them down the line as a repayment of sorts

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haymon fronted bail money and Tarver is released.. ready to resume boxing career

Tarver isn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. Talk about front money. Wilder v Tarver..and I say that only half joking

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Tarver isn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. Talk about front money. Wilder v Tarver..and I say that only half joking
    I say that's a pick em, also only half joking Crazy the norm it's becoming for these middle aged wash ups at the higher weights. Tarver is the same age George Foreman was when he became champ, has never fought at the weight, yet now he's about to repeat the feat in order to pay off his debts.

He'd have a better chance picking up the crack pipe again and testing the waters at 168.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IM sorry, I wouldnt have bailed him out for shit. He committed the crime, he should do the time. Wasnt he also a drug addict? Imo bailing his ass out wont help him. Leave him there and let his ass think about the stupid shit he has done, and the opportunities he has destroyed.

He is a 45y/o b list boxer with one major win against old man Jones. Tarver will be fighting for the next 10 years trying to pay haymon back. Sad situation, but tarver needs time to think, cause his boxing career is done. He would be lucky to get a match on espn

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he was a drug addict before he even really started his pro career and there has been no evidence to show he's slipped up, if anything he replaced his drug addiction with a gambling addiction, but honestly he should just look into other broadcasting networks, NBC, ESPN, FOXSPORTS, or even HBO, and try to get another job commentating and just stay away from fighting and the gambling, IMO Tarver is a much better commentator than Jones (no disrespect to Jones just he's nowhere as articulate or as quick on the foot as Tarver)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    he was a drug addict before he even really started his pro career and there has been no evidence to show he's slipped up, if anything he replaced his drug addiction with a gambling addiction, but honestly he should just look into other broadcasting networks, NBC, ESPN, FOXSPORTS, or even HBO, and try to get another job commentating and just stay away from fighting and the gambling, IMO Tarver is a much better commentator than Jones (no disrespect to Jones just he's nowhere as articulate or as quick on the foot as Tarver)
    I agree with that, but i like to hear jones ole country ass talk. yea tarver should try and be a commentator, cause his boxing career is done. And he owes haymon 200k

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who would take a chance on the guy now, would you?
    PEDS, drugs, gambling, bad checks, warrants and running his mouth about sensitive issues he has enough brains to stay away from.

I don't know if Haymon looks at Tarver as boxing fodder or even a way to make money. I'm thinking he knows Tarver can't solve his problems setting in jail so he helped him get out. Haymon is a powerful guy in boxing so he might be able to help Tarver score a color-man gig.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I was young, I used to think there should be some kind of protection for pro boxers and their money. Most come from poverty and little education, plus their vocation causes brain damage. I used to think that his management or promoters or the powers-that-be should have some kind of savings program or ought to put away a percentage of a boxers' earnings that he could only access long after he's retired, so that the long history of financially destitute Champions doesn't continue repeating.

Nowadays, I say f*<k that !!
    It's that man's pay check that he earned with his own hard work, sacrifice, dedication, blood, sweat, and tears. Hey, if he squanders it and fails to learn from Boxing's extremely visible, sordid past of broke homeless Champions, then that's on him... but for $#!t's sake, don't try to be paternalistic and therefore disrespectful to that man by holding back a man's earned pay from him. Some people may think they know what's best for that other man, but that ain't your province nor your right.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Who would take a chance on the guy now, would you?
    PEDS, drugs, gambling, bad checks, warrants and running his mouth about sensitive issues he has enough brains to stay away from.

I don't know if Haymon looks at Tarver as boxing fodder or even a way to make money. I'm thinking he knows Tarver can't solve his problems setting in jail so he helped him get out. Haymon is a powerful guy in boxing so he might be able to help Tarver score a color-man gig.
    he would obviously have to wait it out a bit, but if if someone as controversial as Tyson could turn his image all the way around as he has (granted Tarver isn't as beloved or an icon like Tyson), then Tarver could probably do so as well and do enough to get a spot doing commentary on a smaller network like Fox or NBC which he already has ties to

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    When I was young, I used to think there should be some kind of protection for pro boxers and their money. Most come from poverty and little education, plus their vocation causes brain damage. I used to think that his management or promoters or the powers-that-be should have some kind of savings program or ought to put away a percentage of a boxers' earnings that he could only access long after he's retired, so that the long history of financially destitute Champions doesn't continue repeating.

Nowadays, I say f*<k that !!
    It's that man's pay check that he earned with his own hard work, sacrifice, dedication, blood, sweat, and tears. Hey, if he squanders it and fails to learn from Boxing's extremely visible, sordid past of broke homeless Champions, then that's on him... but for $#!t's sake, don't try to be paternalistic and therefore disrespectful to that man by holding back a man's earned pay from him. Some people may think they know what's best for that other man, but that ain't your province nor your right.
    ITs the same story with many pro athletes, especially football. Its like drug money. Come fast, leave faster.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I say that's a pick em, also only half joking Crazy the norm it's becoming for these middle aged wash ups at the higher weights. Tarver is the same age George Foreman was when he became champ, has never fought at the weight, yet now he's about to repeat the feat in order to pay off his debts.

He'd have a better chance picking up the crack pipe again and testing the waters at 168.
    Tarver did fight once at heavy albeit against a limited but tough West Virginia club fighter.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

Its crazy. Not even keeping it low key by Haymon, has to be embarrasing as Hell. Foreman cleared 200k in a single 30 second Burger King promo and a trunk load of Grills. Oh and he could actually still fight a bit Tarver will be lucky, seriously, not to incur that much in medical bills when he feeds him to someone.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haymon will tie down Target until he has got all his money back.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information