Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wlad would curb stomp Solis.

I honestly think if Kevin had stuck to his jab and had thrown it a lot more Solis wouldn't have been able to do anything, I mean Solis didn't try to get out of the way of it, he had difficulties countering it because he was so flat footed. Wlad would demolish him the same way he just did to Rahman and Brewster, but probably worse. I am very surprised Solis and his management is/are allowing him to get into this kind of rotund shape.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wlad would curb stomp Solis.

As bad as Solis would probably lose to Klitschko... I still can't believe how a guy like Kevin Burnett can be 13-1 (well, now 13-2)... except for the fact that the heavyweights is a crappy division. Makes me think of another thread floating around saying that the HW's aren't that bad. Bullsh*t. The HW's are the sorriest division in boxing right now, bar none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

opinion is opinion.. but can youreally see wlad 'curb stomping' anyone..

s'just a bit of a bullshit title..lol, he can whip and batter and ko etc etc..
    But that shit is awful brutal and just sounds stupid in relation to boxing bro..lol

I agree about his shape though.. not everyone can turn up to fights lookinlike toney and get away with it, and for the best part i wish toney wouldnt turn up as big as he do cause not even he gets away with it as a whole..

Gotta put it down to some of these defecting guys are keeping the same workrate and training mentality that they had when they trained vigourously for years and years and years in cuba.. especially guys like gomboa who obviously make weight.. odlanier is a heavyweight, so to an extent he is free to do as he will when it comes to training because he'll weigh in.. i think hes maybe enjoying a few things that hecouldnt have enjoyed before now.. and i think if the dude got in real nice shape he'd be a hell of a heavyweight.. Thats all up to him though
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He needs to start training I know that. He must have put on 50lbs since his olympics.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    As bad as Solis would probably lose to Klitschko... I still can't believe how a guy like Kevin Burnett can be 13-1 (well, now 13-2)... except for the fact that the heavyweights is a crappy division. Makes me think of another thread floating around saying that the HW's aren't that bad. Bullsh*t. The HW's are the sorriest division in boxing right now, bar none.
    Mate Gavin Rees was undefeated and even won a world title. You can be carefully managed in any divison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are alot of protected fighters in alot of weight classes....look at JCC jr and even Amir Khan...They are bigger frauds than any one in the HW division......Records are not worth the paper they are written on unless you are facing top opposition...When I say top I mean widely recognized as say top 15....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

There are alot of protected fighters in alot of weight classes....look at JCC jr and even Amir Khan...They are bigger frauds than any one in the HW division......Records are not worth the paper they are written on unless you are facing top opposition...When I say top I mean widely recognized as say top 15....
    True.. But i think Khan did pretty well as far as competition goes when you compare him to JCC Jr
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito BHB View Post

But that shit is awful brutal and just sounds stupid in relation to boxing bro..lol

I agree about his shape though.. not everyone can turn up to fights lookinlike toney and get away with it, and for the best part i wish toney wouldnt turn up as big as he do cause not even he gets away with it as a whole..

Gotta put it down to some of these defecting guys are keeping the same workrate and training mentality that they had when they trained vigourously for years and years and years in cuba.. especially guys like gomboa who obviously make weight.. odlanier is a heavyweight, so to an extent he is free to do as he will when it comes to training because he'll weigh in.. i think hes maybe enjoying a few things that hecouldnt have enjoyed before now.. and i think if the dude got in real nice shape he'd be a hell of a heavyweight.. Thats all up to him though
    I am not saying he will technically "Curb stomp" Solis, but he will destroy, demolish, knock out, etc, etc. Odlanier if they fought eachother.

As for Kevin Burnett being 13-1, I can see it, he's big, he won a few rounds against an gold medalist in Solis, he has alright speed for his size. There are a lot of bad fighters in any division, and if you pick your fights right its easy to be undefeated if you never take step-ups in competition.

El Kabong Guest

Solis needs to drop some pounds, there is no reason he should be over 240!

Wladimir would "curb stomp" just about anyone in the division right now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Solis needs to drop some pounds, there is no reason he should be over 240!

Wladimir would "curb stomp" just about anyone in the division right now
    Except big bro and David Haye that is!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a useless thread...I already said that Solis is overhyped after he fought Julius Long...And now over a year later with no improvement and only 13 pro fight you say that Wlad would beat Solis ?!? Thats just stating the obvious...

But what actually pissed me off was the phrase "curb stomp"...I found that absolutely unnecessary...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito BHB View Post

I am not saying he will technically "Curb stomp" Solis, but he will destroy, demolish, knock out, etc, etc. Odlanier if they fought eachother.

As for Kevin Burnett being 13-1, I can see it, he's big, he won a few rounds against an gold medalist in Solis, he has alright speed for his size. There are a lot of bad fighters in any division, and if you pick your fights right its easy to be undefeated if you never take step-ups in competition.
    Based on the burnett fight your right odlanier never gets close enough to beat wlad.. I'd definately like to see solis just carry on, drop some weight, you know really look strong and big and train real hard and get it all together.. that would be interesting. but we will see what happens in future.
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has all of the pedigree & promotion.... is much too young to display the "just get the win....look Impressive later" mentality.I think he looked nasty vs. Burnett,punched himself out & never sustained attack... frankly Burnetts (or just pick a names) jab was there to land all night.Solis is an over fed up,over convinced prospect at this point.Wlad would carve him up for a early stoppage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    What a useless thread...I already said that Solis is overhyped after he fought Julius Long...And now over a year later with no improvement and only 13 pro fight you say that Wlad would beat Solis ?!? Thats just stating the obvious...

But what actually pissed me off was the phrase "curb stomp"...I found that absolutely unnecessary...
    Holy crap, chill out about the curb stomp, its a figure of speech. I stating the obvious because I am dissapointed that this highly touted amateur is about 40 to 50 pounds above the weight he should be at, is flat footed, not a lot of power, and he's easy as hell to hit with the jab. I think he might do alright against the guys who will stand there and fight with him like Povetkin, but Wlad's style is exactly the wrong style for him.

Thread Information