Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default When you are to old

In the early 80's I used to do enduro riding done a few events,about 2 years back my son was doing a bit
    I was having a go on his Bike 250 Tm, I came a cropper at 10mph,landing on my right shoulder I got up I seemed fine . But I was wrong next morning I was in pain I had torn the ligaments now 2 years on my shoulder is still not a 100% percent. Looking back I was thinking I was 21 in reality you can never bring
    back your youth. It was nice having a go but there's no fool like a old fool.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When you are to old

You may think I was a defeatist after I hurt myself, but no you see been there dun that looking back
    my best day are behind me. I can never be in my 20's again it's a case of the mind is willing but the body
    is wearing out and those worn part's don't half hurt. Two bad knees, bad back slipped disc I'm just glad
    I can get out of bed in the morning, At this moment in time I still have all my own teeth, I have not had a calling to become a boxer as I can't spare the lose of any brain cells, as I can just remember the way home now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems fine as long as you don't suffer from progeria.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am 40.

Is that old?

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post
    I am 40.

Is that old?
    No that's not old if you were 20 you would say it was you can't win.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am still young enough at 32, but it is that transition stage of life. I can hide my age easily enough, but 3 days hidden away unshaven and it is difficult to deny the subtle dents that aging is making when you look in a mirror. Then you shave and conceal the cracks again and so the masquerade continues. You get old, but as long as the mind works you are never too old. I don't mind getting old, but I don't think I will.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I am still young enough at 32, but it is that transition stage of life. I can hide my age easily enough, but 3 days hidden away unshaven and it is difficult to deny the subtle dents that aging is making when you look in a mirror. Then you shave and conceal the cracks again and so the masquerade continues. You get old, but as long as the mind works you are never too old. I don't mind getting old, but I don't think I will.
    Miles you are still in your Prime at 32, 52 is a bit different little knocks and bang's now hurt like hell
    it's a case of the mind is willing but your body is knackered. Gone are the day's of all night sex session it's all night sleeping ones

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Let's face it miles, you're already an old fart, just like me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    In the early 80's I used to do enduro riding done a few events,about 2 years back my son was doing a bit
    I was having a go on his Bike 250 Tm, I came a cropper at 10mph,landing on my right shoulder I got up I seemed fine . But I was wrong next morning I was in pain I had torn the ligaments now 2 years on my shoulder is still not a 100% percent. Looking back I was thinking I was 21 in reality you can never bring
    You can never bring back your youth, but the fact of the matter is, you can still feel great, stay in shape, and be fit your entire life. It also helps to have a little money tucked away for a rainy day.

cheers Dia

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    You can never bring back your youth, but the fact of the matter is, you can still feel great, stay in shape, and be fit your entire life. It also helps to have a little money tucked away for a rainy day.

cheers Dia
    The thing is 10mph it's never mind .

Thread Information