Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Calzaghe vs Froch

Hello folks.i've just read that Calzaghe has been offered £5million to fight Froch.Froch's promoter Mick Hennessy has made the offer to Calzaghe!Hennessy has already made two previous offers to Calzaghe!

Do you guys reckon Calzaghe will be tempted to fight Froch after he fights Roy Jones?I think he should and give us all a great fight over here in the u.k.It'll be a real close fight if it did get pulled off!!It would be a massive fight for sure!

Would he fight Froch for £5million??

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe vs Froch

I really actually do think JC is going to retire after his next fight. Although 5million is a lot of money i simply cant see him accepting it on the grounds that Froch is still really unproved. Although im fully backing my boy to beat Pascal he still has to do the goods against him on Dec 6th. So we will have to see where it goes after that. I would be very very surprised if this fight happens.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always said if JC fights Froch he would lose. It's not coz I rate Froch particularly (his defence is poop) it's just one of those hunches you get about certain fights and something stranhe happening. Froch has done nothing to deserve a shot at Calzaghe, he is so inactive I just don't get it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I really actually do think JC is going to retire after his next fight. Although 5million is a lot of money i simply cant see him accepting it on the grounds that Froch is still really unproved. Although im fully backing my boy to beat Pascal he still has to do the goods against him on Dec 6th. So we will have to see where it goes after that. I would be very very surprised if this fight happens.

I have a feeling he'll stick with his thoughts and retire after the Jones fight(s)but then again if he does beat jones and he wants to really retire on top form then who else could he fight than Froch?It would be massive over here as well as in america if the fight happened.At the end of the day i dont blame Calzaghe if he retires after the Jones fight,good on him for getting out of it before he gets punch-drunk!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post

I have a feeling he'll stick with his thoughts and retire after the Jones fight(s)but then again if he does beat jones and he wants to really retire on top form then who else could he fight than Froch?It would be massive over here as well as in america if the fight happened.At the end of the day i dont blame Calzaghe if he retires after the Jones fight,good on him for getting out of it before he gets punch-drunk!
    Thats the thing though, I dont actually think it would be that big in America and that would effect more money going towards both men. I think JC knows that Froch doesnt have a name in the USA and that is a big factor against him. If Froch was known in the USA like he is the UK and then I think the fight would more than likely happen.

The reason for Frochs inactivity is that fighters have pulled out, boxing politics and injury for Froch. Its unlucky for him but what can you do? Hes fighting in Dec and after that he will hopefully keep more active because he will have a bigger name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats the thing though, I dont actually think it would be that big in America and that would effect more money going towards both men. I think JC knows that Froch doesnt have a name in the USA and that is a big factor against him. If Froch was known in the USA like he is the UK and then I think the fight would more than likely happen.

The reason for Frochs inactivity is that fighters have pulled out, boxing politics and injury for Froch. Its unlucky for him but what can you do? Hes fighting in Dec and after that he will hopefully keep more active because he will have a bigger name.

Alright they mate!!I agree!The fight could get made if Calzaghe puts a great proformance and beats Jones hands down in November,and for Froch to do exactly the same to Pascal in december and then have Froch calling out to Calzaghe "LIVE" on t.v straight after he has beat Pascal.That would surely make the fight happen between them both.Look how Hatton got a fight with the p4p champ Mayweather after he took out Costilloexactly the same way
    Last edited by yvonne; 10-29-2008 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright they mate!!I agree!The fight could get made if Calzaghe puts a great proformance and beats Jones hands down in November,and for Froch to do exactly the same to Pascal in december and then have Froch calling out to Calzaghe "LIVE" on t.v straight after he has beat Pascal.That would surely make the fight happen between them both.Look how Hatton got a fight with the p4p champ Mayweather after he took out Costilloexactly the same way
    I suppose so, but i still cant picture the fight happening. Im not 100% sure about this statement: but I think Froch would have to vacate his belt because he has to face the winner of taylor-lacy. And after all that time if he does beat pascal it would be a great shame to give it up straight away ( this is IF he gets the belt against Pascal ). But im not sure, maybe it could happen, but im still not sold until I hear more into it.

Dont get me wrong I would love the fight to happen but I just dont think it will.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That figure seems much to high. But what the fuck do I know.

I don't see how he can turn that down if it's kosher. £5 million to fight Froch. Froch.

£5 million to fight Froch.

Froch.

£5 million.

For Froch.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a huge amount and i think he should (if Froch wins that is)..
    If Froch can look good then i think JC will be hard pushed to turn such an offer down, i could see Calzaghe struggling with Froch's style too.
    Would love too see this!!
    Froch has gotta look good against Pascal though

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a bs offer. The gross from the fight would be five million max which means the promoter would be putting the show on for free and Froch would be fighting for free. I hope Calzaghe accepts it just to embarrass the fat little prick who made it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think there's a really good chance of this fight happening.If only Froch and Calzaghe win in their next fights.Im 100% sure Froch will call out Calzaghe if he wins against Pascal.I can imagine Calzaghe watching the Froch vs Pascal fight and thinking,"Hmmm,Froch calling me out in front of the world on Live t.v and having a pay cheque of £5million up for grabs!!""I'll have some of that"

This fight really could geniunely happen!Remember Calzaghe saying he would have fought Pavlik if Pavlik beat Hopkins,but after Pavlik got beat and was'nt undefeated anymore he changed his mind and said"Theirs nobody else good enough to fight anymore after he fights Jones!"Well he has the right opponant in front of him if their both(Froch&Calzaghe)remain undefeated in their next up and coming fights.All Froch has to do is beat Pascal and then call out Calzaghe straight away LIVE on t.v after the fight and the fight will be set!!!!!!!Trust me
    Last edited by yvonne; 10-29-2008 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Froch'd promoter just said it to help sell tickets for the Pascal fight and with the knowledge that it won't be accepted. Froch hasn't waited till he's 31 before stepping up to world class for no reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way they can raise that much. JC has said himself many times that money alone isn't motivation enough to train hard, and that he's lost interest recently. The way he came out against Hopkins (having actually cornered his stable mate 40 mins prior and looking totally cold in the first rounds) shows to me he's lost a lot of interest already, though staying unbeaten should be plenty of motivation.

Like Fenster said, IF the offer is genuine then anything is possible, then you'd have to arrange a date where both sicknotes plan to be healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the offer is legit.

Joe would rightfully be head and shoulders favourite - but Froch is a dangerous, strange boxer who Joe would need to wary of.

He would need to his shots off and step out fast because Froch has stoppages with every shot in the book (hooks, straights, uppercuts, overhands - with both hands) and carries his power all the way through.

I can visualise Froch coming out in round 8, having lost every round to that point throwing the kitchen sink at joe. If the welshman goes to toe at that point he loses, so would need to stick to boxing to the last.

Counterpunchers are joe's achilles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont think he will if he fights a good fight against jones i think he will retire

Thread Information