Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What if the Cotto-Margarito went the Distance

For the record I scored the fight 98-94 for Margarito before the 11th round smash feast.

But I reckon if it had gone the distance Cotto would have won a unanimous decision. This would have been a terrible thing to happen......I was wondering if anyone knows how the judges scored it and if you had scored the fight what your score card read

Job biscuit (Great fight which will go down has a classic)!!!!

eh eh!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What if the Cotto-Margarito went the Distance

Quote Originally Posted by Otley View Post
    For the record I scored the fight 98-94 for Margarito before the 11th round smash feast.

But I reckon if it had gone the distance Cotto would have won a unanimous decision. This would have been a terrible thing to happen......I was wondering if anyone knows how the judges scored it and if you had scored the fight what your score card read

eh eh!!
    two of the judges had it 6-4 for Toni and one had it even. But what scares me is that the announcers were driving forward such an incredible campaign for Cotto it almost seemed like they were trying to prepare you for the scorecards and make you think that it could have been scored a cotto fight. I was thinking up to that point when they said what the scorecards were that If TOni had not knocked him out he would have been robbed.
    Last edited by Onix; 07-29-2008 at 03:27 PM.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

err.. so even though Tony was ahead on TWO judges cards and level on the other - he was being set up for the "robbery?"
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    err.. so even though Tony was ahead on TWO judges cards and level on the other - he was being set up for the "robbery?"

No, I felt that way previous to knowing the judges scorecards. Obviously not after I learned that.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    No, I felt that way previous to knowing the judges scorecards. Obviously not after I learned that.
    Arrr righto. I see.

Nothing rotten in the state of Denmark.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe i had Antonio Margarito up by 2 points some of the rounds where Max Kellerman was saying Miguel Cotto dominating........

I was like what the hell are you watching ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apart from Mikkels KesslerĀ“s motherĀ“s teeth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

eh eh!!
    two of the judges had it 6-4 for Toni and one had it even. But what scares me is that the announcers were driving forward such an incredible campaign for Cotto it almost seemed like they were trying to prepare you for the scorecards and make you think that it could have been scored a cotto fight. I was thinking up to that point when they said what the scorecards were that If TOni had not knocked him out he would have been robbed.
    If Cotto doesnt go down in the 11th and it would have gone to the scores, thers's no way you can call it a robbery.

You obviously are very happy for your guy and understandably so but those early rounds were all Cotto. Yea he was fading fast and going backward but he was still landing often with much cleaner and crisper more telling shots so for you to say robbery is just ridiculous.

Tony won and he deserved it. If Cotto was evr gonna lose, I'm glad it was to a class act like Tony. That took away some of the sting for me since I'm a Margarito fan as well.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

eh eh!!
    How did two judges have it 6-4 for Margarito? Talked about biased towards aggression. I hate this boxing's most important category is supposed to be clean effective punching. And regardless of the effectiveness due to Tony's chin, Miguel landed cleaner shots in rounds 1,2,3,4,5,6,9 he deserved all those rounds, though 2 and 6 could have been called in favor of Margarito just to make the fight more fair, but calling both for Margarito is BS

Judges are absolutely ridiculous these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY View Post

eh eh!!
    If Cotto doesnt go down in the 11th and it would have gone to the scores, thers's no way you can call it a robbery.

You obviously are very happy for your guy and understandably so but those early rounds were all Cotto. Yea he was fading fast and going backward but he was still landing often with much cleaner and crisper more telling shots so for you to say robbery is just ridiculous.

Tony won and he deserved it. If Cotto was evr gonna lose, I'm glad it was to a class act like Tony. That took away some of the sting for me since I'm a Margarito fan as well.
    Cotto should have been up 7-3 barring 3 knockdowns which was plausible there is no way Margarito should have been able to come back.

SigmaMu Guest

Before the knock downs, I had her dead even.

Two judges had Tony up so Miguel would have lost 'me thinks'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

Cotto should have been up 7-3 barring 3 knockdowns which was plausible there is no way Margarito should have been able to come back.
    But he did... Hey! Remember when you said it was anyone who thought Margarito had a chance was an idiot? I remember. That was awesome
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

eh eh!!
    What the hell is a Job Buiscut?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

But he did... Hey! Remember when you said it was anyone who thought Margarito had a chance was an idiot? I remember. That was awesome

That was largely to rile people up, but I also wrote that Margarito had a very good chance of beating Cotto in another thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

That was largely to rile people up, but I also wrote that Margarito had a very good chance of beating Cotto in another thread.

I'm just breaking your balls.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information