Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wilder says: "I’m going with Tyson Fury. For sure. We’ve got to do the rematch."

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wilder says: "I’m going with Tyson Fury. For sure. We’ve got to do the rematch."

The way it ought to be: Joshua is out of the question until we settle Fury/Wilder first.

Joshua had a chance to fight Wilder and they pussy-footed around.

Now Joshua is all over the place yapping this and that like he wants Wilder NOW after the Wilder/Fury match, which quite frankly is some low ball, sucker-shit. You were offered the chance to unify first, Joshua- But you were 1. Afraid to fight and 2. You wanted all of the money.

Wilder and Fury showed us we can make money without you; Wilder now looks vulnerable; and you did not want Fury because you felt it would not draw the way it should.

In fact, the REAL money man out of all three of you IS Fury. If you were to make $20 mil fighting Wilder, if you faced Fury, it would have ended up to $30 mil just on Fury selling this fight all by himself- Which is what he did with the Wilder fight.

Wait your turn, Joshua- You are NOT the only champion here. There is STILL two others: Wilder, WBC Champion; and Fury, the lineal who looks like he wants to fight more now.

Find something to do in the meantime- No disrespect, but get a Bryan, Miller, Rivas, Pulev, Kownacki, Ruiz or Whyte again to bide your time. Because folks are saying Wilder/Fury 2 is gonna be in April, 2019. You last fought in September, 2018. Which means it would be the better part of 7 months of inactivity, when other guys deserve a shot at the tiles- Particularly Andy Ruiz, who to me was robbed by Joseph Parker for the vacant WBO title you won from Parker.

Whyte 2 is watchable, Byran and/or Kownacki would be good tune ups and Pulev and Miller would be acceptable title defenses when faced with what we have now.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...oshua-13771712
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder says: "I’m going with Tyson Fury. For sure. We’ve got to do the rematch."

Yeah, AJ's a nice enough guy and all that. But he's come out of these last few weeks/months smelling like roses.... NOT.

Blame it on him or Wilder, fact is the fight never got done and had enough soap opera-type drama to fill a few reality shows.

Along comes Fury and promptly takes a fight with Wilder, turning in a stellar performance in a fight that had many clamoring for a rematch, which is where they're likely headed.

NOW Joshua wants Wilder...... NOW. Which...... sorry pal. This dance is taken.

Meanwhile, he shows up at the Whyte-Chisora fight and gets called out by the victorious (by TKO) Whyte, only to have Joshua reply that Whyte is 3rd on his list.

Hey guys. Defend Joshua all you like. But this looks totally chickenshit to me.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder says: "I’m going with Tyson Fury. For sure. We’ve got to do the rematch."

The concept Fury sold the fight is comical. His previous fight was free on YouTube and didn’t get as many views as the PPV. He may have been the entertainer, the interesting character and the winner but he didn’t get people to pay for the fight. At some point people need to get out of their feelings and look at the numbers. People have tuned in to Wilder for years.

The rematch will sell well and Tyson will deserve credit for that because of what he did in the first. But that’s different than what sold the first.

I’d like to see AJ take on Ortiz

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is clearly the A side fighter in this matchup.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Fury is clearly the A side fighter in this matchup.
    You know what, Rocco? FUCK WHAT RON SWANSON HAS TO SAY!!

Anyone who says Tyson Fury did not sell the Wilder fight is just deluding themselves. If Fury had not done the extra and added the extra, this would be just another heavyweight title fight.

Name one HW other than Joshua who can sell a ticket around the world? And I don't even believe Joshua can sell a ticket worldwide the way Fury can.

Let's face it: Fury has a magnetism, kinda like Mike Tyson, where in this case people would pay top dollar to see Iron Mike skip rope and people would pay Tyson Fury to berate a dude for 20 good minutes!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    The way it ought to be: Joshua is out of the question until we settle Fury/Wilder first.

Joshua had a chance to fight Wilder and they pussy-footed around.

Now Joshua is all over the place yapping this and that like he wants Wilder NOW after the Wilder/Fury match, which quite frankly is some low ball, sucker-shit. You were offered the chance to unify first, Joshua- But you were 1. Afraid to fight and 2. You wanted all of the money.

Wilder and Fury showed us we can make money without you; Wilder now looks vulnerable; and you did not want Fury because you felt it would not draw the way it should.

In fact, the REAL money man out of all three of you IS Fury. If you were to make $20 mil fighting Wilder, if you faced Fury, it would have ended up to $30 mil just on Fury selling this fight all by himself- Which is what he did with the Wilder fight.

Wait your turn, Joshua- You are NOT the only champion here. There is STILL two others: Wilder, WBC Champion; and Fury, the lineal who looks like he wants to fight more now.

Find something to do in the meantime- No disrespect, but get a Bryan, Miller, Rivas, Pulev, Kownacki, Ruiz or Whyte again to bide your time. Because folks are saying Wilder/Fury 2 is gonna be in April, 2019. You last fought in September, 2018. Which means it would be the better part of 7 months of inactivity, when other guys deserve a shot at the tiles- Particularly Andy Ruiz, who to me was robbed by Joseph Parker for the vacant WBO title you won from Parker.

Whyte 2 is watchable, Byran and/or Kownacki would be good tune ups and Pulev and Miller would be acceptable title defenses when faced with what we have now.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...oshua-13771712
    Bloody Hell, for once I agree with you

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you all want to say ignorant things go ahead. But saying Fury, who couldn’t draw that many viewers on a free platform, got that many on PPV is ignorant. It’s okay, this site likes to tell each other fairy tales. So go ahead, tell fairy tales.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    If you all want to say ignorant things go ahead. But saying Fury, who couldn’t draw that many viewers on a free platform, got that many on PPV is ignorant. It’s okay, this site likes to tell each other fairy tales. So go ahead, tell fairy tales.

I might be in the minority, Ron.... but I really don't care who drew the PPV. Fact is, Fury and Wilder BOTH put up a good show and deserve the rematch, while AJ deserves to stand on the sidelines and wait his turn.

TBH, I get your point that Fury had plummeted to "nobody status" after his epic meltdown following his boring victory over Wlad. But he got my respect that night against Wilder.

Who brought in the fans? Who cares? I say it's a combination of outlandish personalities, with Fury being the better talker, and Wilder being a wild (excuse the pun) character..... and they just played off each other.

One of the few fights in history where the fight met or even exceeded the pre-fight hype.

I hated Fury after the way he fought against Wlad..... and dismissed him after his meltdown. But all that changed on the night of Dec 1st.

Now my disdain (not much of it, but some) is reserved for Joshua, who by not taking Wilder seriously got shown up by Fury.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop bringing up 52 year old cheat Ortiz.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I might be in the minority, Ron.... but I really don't care who drew the PPV. Fact is, Fury and Wilder BOTH put up a good show and deserve the rematch, while AJ deserves to stand on the sidelines and wait his turn.

TBH, I get your point that Fury had plummeted to "nobody status" after his epic meltdown following his boring victory over Wlad. But he got my respect that night against Wilder.

Who brought in the fans? Who cares? I say it's a combination of outlandish personalities, with Fury being the better talker, and Wilder being a wild (excuse the pun) character..... and they just played off each other.

One of the few fights in history where the fight met or even exceeded the pre-fight hype.

I hated Fury after the way he fought against Wlad..... and dismissed him after his meltdown. But all that changed on the night of Dec 1st.

Now my disdain (not much of it, but some) is reserved for Joshua, who by not taking Wilder seriously got shown up by Fury.
    Boxing fans just aren’t real and it’s sad. Just tell the truth. The numbers show and the people that run boxing admit there are 2 demographics in USA boxing, the Latino demographic and the African American. People of European decent in USA consider themselves sports fans at less than 50%, 25% of those consider themselves boxing fans, 20% of those consider themselves avid boxing fans. In short white people aren’t the market in the USA.

People should just be honest about that. It’s a fact, it is not an opinion, yet we get people just giving an opinion that contradicts the fact. It’s nonsense

Like you I don’t care who brought them in. I just care that day after day this board turns into more and more of an echo chamber of nonsense. If we all say it it’s true. No, what is true is true.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ron Swanson don't know shit about boxing!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Selective use of facts here, Fury was on free for his two comeback fights against bums, he was adventurous enough to take a fight with Wilder, who had spent his entire career fighting bums non PPV in 6000 seat arenas in Alabama. The truth is now out, Fury has proved that Wilder has nothing but a punchers chance, and Fury deserves the rematch to underwrite that. After that rematch Wilders reputation will be shot to bits and his only income will be a succession of reducing payments defeats to the Euro crowd until he retires.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Selective use of facts here, Fury was on free for his two comeback fights against bums, he was adventurous enough to take a fight with Wilder, who had spent his entire career fighting bums non PPV in 6000 seat arenas in Alabama. The truth is now out, Fury has proved that Wilder has nothing but a punchers chance, and Fury deserves the rematch to underwrite that. After that rematch Wilders reputation will be shot to bits and his only income will be a succession of reducing payments defeats to the Euro crowd until he retires.
    Which is why AJ should take the opportunity to take on Wilder next in April. Wilder is there for the taking and AJ should show some courage.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad to hear it and looking forward to it. Whatever ones opinion going into the first it's pretty clear Fury is the story coming out. Definitely got my respect and all will mash up to make rematch even bigger. AJ can take his April date, work to look devastating and turn that big cheesy smile into a sneer and start focusing on the winner.

Thread Information