Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    So true Gandalf. But do you know what prefigures hard work and dedication and discipline? A person's mental health which they have developed from their childhood. If the state of their mental health is such that they just cannot get it together cognitively or emotionally, THEN THERE WILL NOT BE A DAMN BIT OF HARD WORK OR DISCIPLINE OR DEDICATION -- at least not enough to make much of a difference.
    See, you brought all this childhood trauma stuff up in a thread about Andy Ruiz.

I happened to agree with you that it might be a factor, but just disagreed that a bad childhood means you must ruin a career. In some cases yes, in other cases not so much.
    Read it again, it doesn’t say that a bad childhood means you must ruin a career.

But the whole thread is interesting. People’s opinions change so much from fight to fight. Andy is who he was a month ago. A month ago he was who he was in May. He can buckle down and get right back top 10 or he can eat his way to early retirement, we’ll see.
    @Ron Swanson thank you man. You are right it doesn't say that at all. This guy likes to put words in people's mouths. Thinks he has all the answers. At 38 years old FFS.

and thanks for saying it's an interesting thread. I thought so too 😁. I'm hoping that Andy makes a big effort.

Imagine if Andy could come into the ring at 250 lb. I think he might be unstoppable. Definitely an iron chin even at 295 lbs hahaha and the once or twice that he hit Joshua in the rematch you could see that Joshua was really shaking up for a moment

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll be back because the heavyweight division is thin as far as challengers go. Also if he blew threw his money that fast, it shouldn't take him long to run out completely and he'll be back for more. He'll be the next stiverne, sam peter or something... champ turned on the bubble guy. I dont understand who guys like this get handed this kind of upturn in life and not see it as a sign to get their Sh*t together. 5 seconds later.... "will this Rolls fit through a drive thru? cuz if not... i'm not buying it..."
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahaha J Undisputed nails it! ✌️👍

Thread Information