Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If there is a rematch...

OK, I've been a member for about a year just reading and enjoying... I have resisted posting beccause of the obvious bias towards little floyd... There are way too many "floyd" haters out there... I agree he is hard to like but it is a game, and floyd has no problem "playin" the villian... He does this on purpose to sell tickets... If you look at the first 20 fights of his career, he was very humble in the post fight interview's.. He knew he had "serious" skills, but he finally figured out what it was gonna take for him to get the "BIG" fights and he knew it take some insulting on his part to get these so called "Big" fighters in the ring with him... He first did it with Gatti, then Judah, and now De Lehoya... Face it.. He could of "shutout" De Lehoya by sticking and moving and putting on a boxing "exhibition" and totally "outclassing" him from the get go... Let's give him alot of credit that he actually stood toe to toe with De lahoya for most of the fight and still out boxed him... I think most "honest" people will agree that it wasn't a split decision, and Floyd could have "boxed and moved" and dominated De lehoya if he wanted too... It was a "very good" fight by two of the best "boxers" I have seen in my lifetime... But watch the fight again.. The speed diference was huge... Especially in the later rounds when floyd started to dominate... I never heard that "sound" from any of Oscars punches that were coming from Floyd's ... You know what I'm talking about...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If there is a rematch...

1st and foremost heres CC#1 on me.

And good to see that you've decided to post after a year.....

About your question, I don't see a re-match being much different then the 1st meeting.
    I mean if anything I think PBF would beat ODLH more convincingly this time around.
    ODLHs not getting any younger and to me he clearly showed me he needs to hang' em up.
    Hes done enough and I hope he proves to be smarter then the rest of the fighters who think they still got it when they don't.

Hope to see you post more often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the CC, Mick... Basically what I was trying to say that there is only 3 fighters that have had the "skills" that LiL Floyd has that I've seen in my lifetime... Sugar Ray Lenord, Roy Jones Jr., and Floyd... That skill is speed, nasty speed!!! You know what I'm talking about... That "fffff" sound when he throws shots even when the don't fully connect... That intimadates other fighters... They know that it may have missed but they never saw it, but I heard it... He is truly a talent, just like SRL, and RJJr... Don't get me wrong, IMHO I saw Oscar still has it.. He made a very good showing and previously IMHO was faster than Trinidad, and Mosley II, and even Hopkins, and that is why I was even more impressed with Mayweather that there would be that much a difference in speed, cause I know Oscar is fast... Even though he is some what olderr, I saw alot from him this fight and don't think he should retire... When he is in his "best shape", he can beat most fighters out there... I think if he was the same shape as he was for Mayweather, he could finally beat Mosley(even though I thought he won the 2nd fight)... He was ripped, and slim and fast, and he could "out box" Mosley if he dosen't get tired... If not that fight, I know he could beat Trinadad in a rematch because he was the better fighter in the first one... Getting back to Mayweather, you may not like him, but he beats anyone out there right now... He will be able to "out box" and "out speed" Mosley, and anyone else unless he has a "off night" if you know what I mean... Knowing Floyd, the way he trains, that not likely to happen... Not only does he have that "nasty speed" but he has unbelievable defensive skills that makes him almost "unhittable".... Basically, Floyd will "outclass and outspeed" Mosley, Cotto, Hatton, Margarito, and anyone else in the lower divisions... The only way I see Lil Floyd losing (without him getting overconfident if that is possible for floyd) is if he goes totally insane and challenges Taylor for the Middleweight crown at 160 and shows up at 148... I wouldn't put it past him... Sadly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC #3 on me bro!

SRL, RJJ, PBF are def 3 of my favorites personally as well!

Thread Information