Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Did Pacquiao retire De La Hoya?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • Yes. He would've continued fighting if he defeated Pac.

8 72.73%
  • No. Coz he's gonna focus more in promoting.

2 18.18%
  • I don't know

1 9.09%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What do you think Oscar will do? (Breaking News - Oscar retires!!!)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: it's official, DLH is retired

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Danny and EL - Lets keep this thread on Oscar's retirement

There was no way back from the shellacking he received from Pac... apart from when he comes back - in a years time - to fight Chavez jr (if they can keep jr unbeaten of course)
    Sorry had to adjust the size of your if.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

There was no way back from the shellacking he received from Pac... apart from when he comes back - in a years time - to fight Chavez jr (if they can keep jr unbeaten of course)
    Sorry had to adjust the size of your if.
    Believe it or not i nearly bolded that too.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

SigmaMu Guest

Who went off topic here? I was on topic here until La Terrible Moralita got angry because of the photo of the man who sent Morales and ODLH into retirement.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post

Who went off topic here? I was on topic here until La Terrible Moralita got angry because of the photo of the man who sent Morales and ODLH into retirement.
    Right, so lets all now stay on topic
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahaha you're so predictable and no i didn't care bout the picture, if you like playing around with pictures of men and putting them in different outfits that's your deal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good, hope he stays retired. Love or hate him, in his prime he took on the best possible guys and gave boxing a shit load of attention.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Phuk retirement, I want to see ODLH as a gate keeper.
    It's about time, although I'd like to have seen him go toe to toe with Chavez jr. maybe even get a bit bloodied up as a result. It'd be a nice way to reflect on the JCC fight.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

hahaha you're so predictable and no i didn't care bout the picture, if you like playing around with pictures of men and putting them in different outfits that's your deal
    Sorry honey but these are real photos of Manny in Military uniform

manny pacquiao - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Yes, it is the same man who sent your big nose lover into retirement and now all Erik does is suck on Manny's c0ck

Ooopps!

And you were saying?
    BURN!

This plaque says: "I sent big nose Morales into retirement."

lol
    Last edited by SigmaMu; 04-14-2009 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar and Holyfield my two favorite fighter's. I never thought Oscar would retire before Evander Holyfield. Even though people hate this guy for what reason I will never understand. A nice class act in and out of the ring.Has brung alot of fans to this sport especially women ( can't deny it,maybe that's the reason for all the hate. ) Has one of the best resume's in boxing,and made heavyweight championship money. Of course one of the greatest acheivements a gold medalist in the olympics.

I will always remember being 15 years old and I got a case of beer with my friend's and ordered the Oscar Tito PPV. When it was around the main event I asked my buddy who was walking to the bathroom " Who do you think is gonna win" He replied with a mouthful of puke all over my carpet. After several minutes of him throwing up on my carpet and in the toilet he said Oscar!!! Then passed right the hell out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default De La Hoya Retires !!!

Ten time world champion in six weight divisions and future boxing hall of famer, “Golden Boy” Oscar de la Hoya announced his retirement at a press conference moments ago in Los Angeles. A very emotional Oscar stated, “These last four months have been very difficult for me. I’m announcing my retirement. I’ve been doing this since I was five years old. Boxing is the love of my life, boxing is my passion, boxing is what I was born to do. When I can’t compete, it’s not fair to me and it’s not fair to my fans. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s over inside the ring for me. My decision is based on a lot. Now I understand why athletes have a hard time. My life will continue to help the sport grow.” The ultra-popular 36-year-old ends with a record of 39-6, 30 KOs, and he is the highest grossing fighter in boxing history. His fight against Floyd Mayweather is the highest grossing boxing match of all time. Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer stated that a special tribute to Oscar’s career will take place on September 19.
    Golden Boy Promotions Press Release
    Famed boxing champion and future Hall of Fame fighter Oscar de la Hoya, one of the most decorated pugilist in the history of the sport, retired as a professional today during a noon press conference in Nokia Plaza LA Live in downtown Los Angeles.
    “After heartfelt discussions with my family and my closest friends, it is with deep gratitude and appreciation that I announce my retirement from professional boxing,” said De La Hoya, who retires from the ring with a 39-6, 30 KOs record. “Boxing has been the single, most consistent part of my life and although I will miss the ring, I know that it is time for me to step away from the sport competitively and become more active in the other aspects of it that are already in place and ready for me to pursue.”
    “My career has been nothing short of magical and I am forever grateful to all of the people who made it possible,” continued De La Hoya. “Most importantly I deeply appreciate all of my fans who showered me with their cheers and support, consistently holding me up throughout my 17-year professional career. I believe the true meaning of my career was not in the winning or losing, but in the gift of sharing my fights with all of them, as I never imagined it would mean so much to so many. It has been an honor to fight all of my fights for each and every one of you.”
    De La Hoya will now take an even more substantial role in Golden Boy Promotions, working alongside the company’s CEO Richard Schaefer to continue to deliver quality boxing events around the world.
    “This is truly a bittersweet day for boxing and its fans throughout the world as Oscar’s name has been synonymous with the sport for nearly two decades,” said Richard Schaefer, CEO Golden Boy Promotions. “It is been a privilege and honor for me to work with this amazing champion and watch the brilliance of his career both in and out of the ring. As one of my closest friends, both personally and professionally, I look forward to working with Oscar as he takes a more active role in Golden Boy Promotions now that he is no longer competing in the sport.”
    Originally from East Los Angeles, where as a young child he laced up a pair of boxing gloves for the first time at four years old, he began his amateur career several years later and started dreaming of professional success. The 10-time world champion, who collected titles in six different weight divisions, has long been considered the most influential fighter of the sports modern era.
    “Oscar de la Hoya has left an indelible legacy in and out of the ring,” Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said. “This son of East L.A. has made the City of Angels proud, not only for his ten championships in six weight divisions, but for never forgetting his roots and giving back to his community.”
    Having turned professional immediately following his 1992 Olympic gold medal victory in Barcelona, Spain, De La Hoya immediately turned in to a box office success. His popularity and following made him the highest grossing non-heavyweight fighter the history of the sport. Participating in 19 pay-per-view fights, De La Hoya drew over 14.1 million pay-per-view buys and over $696 million dollars in pay-per-view revenue throughout his career. He appeared in three of the top eight highest grossing pay-per-view boxing events including the granddaddy of them all - hissuper-fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. in May 2007, which shattered the all-time pay-per-view record with 2.4 million homes in addition to generating a record-setting live gate of $19 million. It was the first pay-per-view fight to be purchased by over two million homes.
    “Oscar de la Hoya has fashioned a storybook career through hard work, dedication, talent and the commitment to fighting the best fighters in the biggest fights,” said Ross Greenburg, President of HBO Sports. “HBO has had the privilege of televising his fights since 1993 and we watched him develop into a champion and a gracious ambassador for the sport.”
    “The Golden Boy’s” Hall of Fame-bound career has seen him win 10 world championships in every division from 130 to 160 pounds while facing the elite of the sport including Floyd Mayweather Jr., Julio Cesar Chavez, Bernard Hopkins, Shane Mosley, Felix Trinidad, Pernell Whitaker, Ike Quartey, Fernando Vargas, Arturo Gatti, Genaro Hernandez, Jesse James Leija and Hector Camacho Sr. Along the way, De La Hoya has become boxing’s undisputed superstar and his acclaimed career and popularity will be remembered for decades to come.
    “I marvel at my son’s success and know that all of the hard work and dedication he had when he was a kid and during the formative years of his boxing training made him the champion he became,” said Joel De La Hoya Sr. “I am extremely proud of my son and know he has achieved everything possible in the ring. It is now time for him to enjoy his family and pursue in earnest all of the other opportunities that await him.”
    In addition to his success inside the ring, De La Hoya has made a conscious effort to generously give back to the same community which played such an integral role in making it possible for him to achieve such success. The Oscar de la Hoya Foundation was created in 1995 to bring a better quality of life to the people of East Los Angeles. The foundation provides funding for a number of projects including the Cecilia Gonzalez de la Hoya Cancer Center, the Oscar de la Hoya Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit and the Oscar de la Hoya Labor and Delivery Center, all located at the White Memorial Medical Center in East Los Angeles. In addition to his efforts to support medical care for citizens of East Los Angeles, De La Hoya’s dedication to education in the East Los Angeles area led him to establish the Oscar de la Hoya Animo Charter High School in 2003 which now serves over 500 students in grades nine through twelve and is ranked among the top 10 percent of schools in the state of California that serve similar communities. US News and World Report ranked the Oscar de la Hoya Animo Charter High School #53 out of the top 100 in the entire nation.
    Most importantly De La Hoya will now have more time to spend with his wife Millie and children.
    “In closing, I want to acknowledge my wonderful wife Millie, my children and my entire family who have been extremely supportive and patient with me, sacrificing a tremendous amount of our time together in order for me to pursue my career,” said De La Hoya. “Now it is time for me to be there for them.”

source: fightnews.com

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: De La Hoya Retires !!!

This is old news and according to DaxxCunny and ElTerribleMorales, you are not allowed to post any news we have heard of already, regardless if anyone else has not heard or read the news. You have been warned and get ready to feel DaxxCunny's and ElTerribleMorales' wrath because of something they already know about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Did Pac retire DLH? (+ Oscar's retirement speech)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

Sorry honey but these are real photos of Manny in Military uniform

manny pacquiao - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Yes, it is the same man who sent your big nose lover into retirement and now all Erik does is suck on Manny's c0ck

Ooopps!

And you were saying?
    BURN!

This plaque says: "I sent big nose Morales into retirement."

lol
    After Raheem showed he was done at top tier

speaking of morales, found this on youtube, haven't heard it yet as im in class but it looked funny

YouTube - Ray Torres Remix Video WATER ON YOUR BALLS
    Last edited by Majesty; 04-14-2009 at 09:40 PM.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Did Pac retire DLH? (+ Oscar's retirement speech)

You are damn right The Buzz Saw put the final nail in that coffin. Had this just been an issue about weight as ODLH and his fans claim, he would continue. Manny would have smacked the shiet out of ODLH even at 154.

What bothers me is that Oscar is crying the entire time "IT'S NOT FAIR", IT'S NOT FAIR!"

Ah shut up you spoiled little biatch and move on to your convalescent home that was prepared by the 'Human Buzz Saw' you are not the first person that Pacman has sent to the nursing home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will always remember him in the ring for his wars with Quartey and Vargas. His career up until around 2003 was phenomenal and his legacy shouldnt be diminished because of his last fight in 17 years as a professional. Even though he was "past it" from the Felix Sturm fight to now, he still managed a few good performances and that is an accomplishment in itself. He made records, broke records, fought the best, and at one time was the best. I dont think any other fighter of his time fought as many HOFers or future HOFers. Its been fun watching him through the years. A true legend.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Thread Information