Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wlad met Fury/AJ on their very best nights!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wlad met Fury/AJ on their very best nights!

Get the distinct sense that Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua both were at their very best simply because psychologically they knew what they were up against. Kind of like Buster Douglas on that one night of Grace. I cannot picture Joshua or fury repeating those performances. Unfortunately for Vladimir he happened to catch them on there very best nights. That is why I am convinced that Vladimir should fight 2 more times to avenge both of those losses. Of course he does not need to do this because he has cemented his legacy a long time ago

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wlad met Fury/AJ on their very best nights!

He should avenge his loss to Fury because that was an embarrassing performance in an embarrassing joke of a HW title fight. If Wlad comes to fight this time, he KTFO's Fury. Against AJ he did the best he could. Next time around he'd go down quicker. He needs to stay away from AJ.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    He should avenge his loss to Fury because that was an embarrassing performance in an embarrassing joke of a HW title fight. If Wlad comes to fight this time, he KTFO's Fury. Against AJ he did the best he could. Next time around he'd go down quicker. He needs to stay away from AJ.
    I'm not so sure. Wlad should have finished AJ in the 6th. If he fought Joshua again I think a bombs away mentality (for Wlad that means throwing a few punches) would be his best opportunity to win. Not reckless but aggressive.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not so sure. Wlad should have finished AJ in the 6th. If he fought Joshua again I think a bombs away mentality (for Wlad that means throwing a few punches) would be his best opportunity to win. Not reckless but aggressive.
    agreed which is why I was saying Wald should have ***SMOKED*** him in 4.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

27-year-old, 19th fight nipper knocks out an inspired all-time great. Never be the same again. Finished.

41-year-old, 100 fight veteran gets knocked out in the most grueling night of his career (arguably). Will now be the future of the division.

Yeah.. That's some funky logic.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    27-year-old, 19th fight nipper knocks out an inspired all-time great. Never be the same again. Finished.

41-year-old, 100 fight veteran gets knocked out in the most grueling night of his career (arguably). Will now be the future of the division.

Yes sometimes logic doesn't apply. Buster Douglas was never the same again. Anthony Joshua is suspect. Now if he can put another performance like that together in his next fight or two then I will believe in him but right now he is just a One-Shot one hit wonder just like a Leon Spinks. Anthony Joshua is just like a Michael Grant or a Courage Tschabalala at this point.

Until the Brockton Blockbuster proclaims otherwise.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

Yes sometimes logic doesn't apply. Buster Douglas was never the same again. Anthony Joshua is suspect. Now if he can put another performance like that together in his next fight or two then I will believe in him but right now he is just a One-Shot one hit wonder just like a Leon Spinks. Anthony Joshua is just like a Michael Grant or a Courage Tschabalala at this point.

You watch fuck all boxing Brockton. Basically nobody gives a shit what you think, so go and do us all a favour and fuck off. Permanently.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

You watch fuck all boxing Brockton. Basically nobody gives a shit what you think, so go and do us all a favour and fuck off. Permanently.
    Gee what a great response . Mate have you forgotten your meds? The Brockton Blockbuster will declare if and when Anthony Joshua Rises to the level of a George Foreman or a Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield Lennox Lewis.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

I think they both make some adjustments based on their first fight. But AJ is on the rise, whereas Wlad is on the decline. Wlad maybe should've gone all out to try and finish AJ in the 6th. But the window closed. I thought Wlad did exponentially better than some of us skeptics expected. But he fell short, although he gave a gallant effort. A 2nd fight 6 months down the road would probably end earlier. Although as hard as both of these gents punch... nothing would surprise me.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly Tito. If they can't make the fight with wilder I think they have to have a rematch. I believe Klitschko will decide to try to spark him out in one or two rounds in the rematch but could wind up getting spark himself in one or two rounds. But he found out that you cannot go 12 full round for the 27 year old young buck who probably is close to being a perfect athlete. I may be old but he has to learn some new tricks I think he learned in the Tyson Fury fight that he had to be more aggressive. And I think he learned in this fight that he has to be even more aggressive than that they just go for the destruction when he has somebody hurt. I see no reason why you should not have finished this young buck in that sixth round. I am sure he is kicking himself real good

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wlad was still thinking of taking AJ into the deep waters after the knockdown that's why he never went for broke. He may have been worried about punching himself out a little like Joshua had.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think AJ met wlad on wlads best night

ive never seen wlad try and win a fight before

yeah he bottled it as always when the punches came back but still
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I think AJ met wlad on wlads best night

ive never seen wlad try and win a fight before

yeah he bottled it as always when the punches came back but still
    Yes that is the ironic part that was Wllats best night that I have ever seen. He fought so great and yet still did not go for the kill

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ironic thing about boxing is this , Larry Holmes a man floored many times in HW title fights has the tag of great recuperative powers for getting up to win. Joshua who is still pretty inexperienced gets up to win and has a suspect chin ?
    Simple fact is , fantastic entertaining fight - THE END - FACT !

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a garbage premise to build a thread around. I am assuming that you have watched as usual about two Joshua and one Fury Fight Brockton ? and now we have to listen to you opine some bollocks to get out of admitting Wlad never smoked anyone or lit up a cigar.

Of course Fury and AJ met Wlad on their best nights. That is kind of how a boxing career works. Particularly in the Heavyweights. They trained (well maybe not so much Tyson ) their whole careers for the opportunity to prove they are the best by dethroning the Champ. So on the night they sure as hell were not going to waste it.

Get over it your white hero get chinned by a black man and a Gypsy

Outboxed

Outfought

he is outta here
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information