Hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Fight Night round 4 review

I was very disappointed..They made eveything perfect,but left out the most important part of all.They took away the controls for the botton Mashers yo..How you gone leave that out when thats the way we all first learned to play.The original way.I took my game back..That UFC is where its at now.I refuse to learn that total punch control crap.Total punch cotrol is when i push O an my man throws a punch,same one everytime,that other junk,You think you thowen a jab but really a cross,is what gets thrown now you get counterd an,u know how the game go.Until they fix this glitch,i know a bunch of ppl that just wont buy the game now..Srry Fight Night Rd 4 you lost alot of fans.Peace

ICB Guest

Default Re: Fight Night round 4 review

Quote Originally Posted by fila907 View Post
    I was very disappointed..They made eveything perfect,but left out the most important part of all.They took away the controls for the botton Mashers yo..How you gone leave that out when thats the way we all first learned to play.The original way.I took my game back..That UFC is where its at now.I refuse to learn that total punch control crap.Total punch cotrol is when i push O an my man throws a punch,same one everytime,that other junk,You think you thowen a jab but really a cross,is what gets thrown now you get counterd an,u know how the game go.Until they fix this glitch,i know a bunch of ppl that just wont buy the game now..Srry Fight Night Rd 4 you lost alot of fans.Peace
    There putting the buttons back in with the DLC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's not the way we all first learned to play, total punch control was in fight night 1.. you had to change the controls to pick buttons if i recall correctly..

and it's not a glitch, at all! just takes a bit to get used to, and as i said if you started from round 1 it's cake.. The UFC game is fun but Fight Night blows it out of the water..

Some people aren't down w/ change, and thats fine cause you could tell when you were playing someone online and they were just spamming every button just to throw a million punches at a time.. i'm good without that for now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    There putting the buttons back in with the DLC.
    No there not
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you telling me that you MUST use the analog sticks to play the game?!

Yikes. I have never learned to use them. I do my ass whooping without the haymakers. Never had a need for them.

So, if I want to play Round 4 I have to relearn the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post

Yikes. I have never learned to use them. I do my ass whooping without the haymakers. Never had a need for them.

why do you associate haymakers with the analog sticks? serious question, i'm just curious..

anyway, there is a new haymaker toggle button.. for PS3 it's R2.. so if you want to throw a haymaker you hold down R2 then throw a punch..

and can someone clarify that in Fight night 1 the analog sticks were the default controls. If so, you would have to CHANGE the control configuration to use the buttons vs the analog sticks, correct?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post

why do you associate haymakers with the analog sticks? serious question, i'm just curious..

anyway, there is a new haymaker toggle button.. for PS3 it's R2.. so if you want to throw a haymaker you hold down R2 then throw a punch..

and can someone clarify that in Fight night 1 the analog sticks were the default controls. If so, you would have to CHANGE the control configuration to use the buttons vs the analog sticks, correct?
    For XBOX 360 it's RB for the modifier button.

As for those button mashers, why not play Tekken instead it's more suited to what you're doing. TPC is Fight Night IMO. People complain because they're not instant masters, like anything worthwhile it takes practice.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

surely the EA games section was created for threads just like this??
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    sure.. that's why a mod will eventually move it. relax.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    you are a stickler for proper forum procedure aren't you

Anyway, that was a horrible review, why he would take the time to do that is beyond me. The list of places you can buy the game is hilarious, you can buy it at gamestop? Fuck me. All of this was however redeemed by the chick getting nailed on the far left.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=RP33;754705]

I have always changed the controller settings to version 5. I use the left analog for movement and the right analog for blocking. Very efficent despite the fact that there is no "button" for throwing haymakers. The most powerful punch in my game play is the R2 "style" punch. I use the "Smokin' Joe."

I am not a button-masher as I have come to know it. The ones they call button-mashers just press random buttons with no clue what the resulting punch/kick will be. They have no strategy and are in awe of themselves when they pull off a spinning pile driver with Zangeif.

I will learn to use the analog sticks even if I lose my first 99 fights. I'd rather play with them than not play at all. I just want be happy doing it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    For XBOX 360 it's RB for the modifier button.

As for those button mashers, why not play Tekken instead it's more suited to what you're doing. TPC is Fight Night IMO. People complain because they're not instant masters, like anything worthwhile it takes practice.
    I could whoop you in Fight Night with an atari controller and Tony Danza CAB.

You are right about the "instant master" comment. I guess my fine motor skills are on par with Micheal J. Fox because I struggle to manuver the stick. When I perform the "circular" motion I wind up flat on my back.

Also when your friends don't give you a chance to catch on before they pummel your face into pudding you tend to go with what you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=BoxingGorilla;754900]

I have always changed the controller settings to version 5. I use the left analog for movement and the right analog for blocking. Very efficent despite the fact that there is no "button" for throwing haymakers. The most powerful punch in my game play is the R2 "style" punch. I use the "Smokin' Joe."

I am not a button-masher as I have come to know it. The ones they call button-mashers just press random buttons with no clue what the resulting punch/kick will be. They have no strategy and are in awe of themselves when they pull off a spinning pile driver with Zangeif.

I will learn to use the analog sticks even if I lose my first 99 fights. I'd rather play with them than not play at all. I just want be happy doing it.
    makes sense.. i didn't know that there wasn't a haymaker button.

Thread Information