Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we just get it over with and rename this site Pacquiao 24/7?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Can we just get it over with and rename this site Pacquiao 24/7?

I'm really fed up with this. I'm sure this thread will be moved, but my Saddoboxing experience has been pretty much ruined. I am considering leaving the site once this season of the sports book is over.

So to all you Pacfans out there (with the exception of PacFan and C-Lo) you win.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: Can we just get it over with and rename this site Pacquiao 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I'm really fed up with this. I'm sure this thread will be moved, but my Saddoboxing experience has been pretty much ruined. I am considering leaving the site once this season of the sports book is over.

So to all you Pacfans out there (with the exception of PacFan and C-Lo) you win.

Bro Killa... It's a normal forum phenomenon that so many fans will be starting or creating threads on the most interesting and worth discussing issues about the hottest boxer of the moment...

I agree that there's too much created at the same time just like this very moment but MODs will manage to have them in control like merging all these threads... We have the Admin and MODs to manage things out...

Hope you will reconsider your plan...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by XaduBoxer View Post

Bro Killa... It's a normal forum phenomenon that so many fans will be starting or creating threads on the most interesting and worth discussing issues about the hottest boxer of the moment...

I agree that there's too much created at the same time just like this very moment but MODs will manage to have them in control like merging all these threads... We have the Admin and MODs to manage things out...

This is in the top five strangest sentences in saddoboxing history.

You think there's too many Pacquaio threads.

doggoneson Guest

It's Pacquiao era, bro. Live with it.
    Otherwise, create your own site.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know what kills me.We have one pf the premiere top contributers to this place over the last 4,5 years walking away last night in Mick....for what ever reasons and god love him but this repetitive shite permeates and runs over the forum as if it was in need of an over due plunging.Might as well call it Pacs face book page at times!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We should just have system where MODs or a selected panel can vote people off the site. The forum is seriously is trouble. I love talking about Pacquiao but JESUS have I been tired seeing his name all over this forum too! I wouldn't have started my Pacfan rant thread if it wasn't such a big deal...

Yea...I don't think anything you could possibly say would help anyone chance their decision for staying on this site. You're probably the reason everyone who wants to get out of here is leaving.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm in the same boat as those that think there is an overload of Pac going on around here. I have no qualms with people discussing Manny and talking about the boxing. But Manny's name is even getting in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with him. And it is perpetuated by the same old people with the same old act.

Today we have seen the same thing going on. Multiple threads started on pretty much the same topic "Blah, blah thinks Manny is god". And another thread that descended so bad that it had to be moved because it resorted to petty name calling. And all over the place you will see various threads littered with Manny despite him having little relevance to those issues.

Spicoli made the good point that we have lost a quality poster this last week. Mick might have his own reasons for leaving but I'm sure he wasn't a fan of all this. And now with Sheep making threats to leave. Well, it's a shame. A lot of us have voiced concerns. I don't know why serious huggers don't just go away to Pac forums and just come out to play here when they something meaningful or new to say. Why pollute a general boxing forum with a one track agenda? Just seems so pointless to me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought you would be happy about this, this is your intent with your mass posting right?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

doggoneson Guest

Those who are having too much of Manny threads should live w/ this situation. You can't do anything about it. It happens in all boxing forums because Manny Pacquao is the staple subject of the moment. You can't blame the guy for achieving so much and you can't blame his fans for glorifying his achievements. Anyway, everyone has his freedom to do what he wants. If you cannot stomach the glut of Pacquiao threads, you are free to leave the forum and come back another day when the coast is clear.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by doggoneson View Post
    Those who are having too much of Manny threads should live w/ this situation. You can't do anything about it. It happens in all boxing forums because Manny Pacquao is the staple subject of the moment. You can't blame the guy for achieving so much and you can't blame his fans for glorifying his achievements. Anyway, everyone has his freedom to do what he wants. If you cannot stomach the glut of Pacquiao threads, you are free to leave the forum and come back another day when the coast is clear.
    Um isn't that exactly what I said I was going to do?

Wait...........did this guy just get banned?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by doggoneson View Post
    You have 28 posts in a sum of THREE years and you would deem yourself fit enough too tell other active & loyal members who believe in what this site is to simply jog on You have to be a plant

One member does not make a forum just as one boxer does not make the sport.Get over your fetish already.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know exactly how Killer feels. This place is not what it used to be and it just isn't any fun anymore. Now, I'm not ready to throw my hands up and leave just yet, but it is exasperating and I can certainly understand how long-time members would want to do so.

I will say that if Killer leaves it will be a blow to this site nearly on par with Mick leaving.
    Last edited by CFH; 06-08-2009 at 03:57 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dogisgoneson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to agree with Killersheep. I would be posting a lot more on here, but all the bandwagon Pacquiao fans on here are killing the site. The only reason I come here is because I'm on the Boxing betting game. I've been looking for a new site, but really haven't found a right fit yet.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "The L.A. Earthquake" View Post
    I have to agree with Killersheep. I would be posting a lot more on here, but all the bandwagon Pacquiao fans on here are killing the site. The only reason I come here is because I'm on the Boxing betting game. I've been looking for a new site, but really haven't found a right fit yet.
    I hope you stick around man, this place is having some issues at the moment but it really is the best place I've ever found to discuss boxing.

Thread Information