Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vitali Klitschko: "...IF I make my come back!"

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=8792&more=1

08.11.06 - By Scoop Malinowski: Vitali Klitschko was present on Tuesday at brother Wladimir's afternoon media workout at Grand Central Station in New York City. Vitali was friendly and amiable in accepting questions about rumors of his own return to the ring. Feeling his aura and words, you got the sense his spirit want to compete again in the combat zone - but only with the permission of the body.

"About me, I retired because I have big injury. If I'm not 100% ready to fight then there's no way to come inside the ring. I'm right now not ready. And I am not ready to give you answers for this question. If I come to the ring you have to bring good performance for boxing fans, without that, no way, no way to make comeback."

Vitali looks in very good shape and he reportedly was in the Poconos working out with his brother - though not pushing his body to the extreme limits that are required of a top class professional heavyweight contender ..

"Everything I say right now is just speculation. Let's see. Let's see. So many points depend on my health. I'm not ready. Not ready. If I'm ready I give you official announcement. Not yet [smiles]."

The former WBC champion weighed in on the heavyweight landscape he previously ruled.

"The heavyweight division I see right now Wladimir has chance to keep all the titles because he's the strongest heavyweight in the world. First point and second point - if I make my comeback - IF I make my comeback - I give my best to be the champion. I have a good chance right now to fight Valuev, Maskaev or Shannon Briggs. I think I don't want to underestimate those boys but it's not difficult task I think so."

I wondered in what fight or fights did Vitali feel at his absolute best. What were his best performances, the best he ever felt in the ring?

"You know, what is very important - in every fight to give good performance. Because if you make mistake - if you prepare not 100% for the fight - you can't continue your career. And one mistake and three steps back. And about those performance - every fight I try to give the best performance. It's difficult to say. Every fight was good performance. One of the best - I don't know - it's difficult to say. It was good fight against Kirk Johnson here in Madison Square Garden a couple of years ago. And it was good performance - after this performance Lennox Lewis take decision to retire [laughs]. And every fight...I don't know. It's good question for boxing fans. Not for me."

How would Vitali strategize to bring down Valuev if he were to fight the giant? Is Valuev that good?

"I'm not sure he's good. He has big point - he's huge. Strong, very heavy but I'm not impressed from his style. I'm not impressed by his performance all the fights - against Monte Barrett, Ruiz, Donald."

How would you fight Valuev?

"I doesn't fight him [smiles]. I know one thing, the man has big size. Last fight he show good condition performance. But I'm more than sure nobody proved himself...he never fight against strong fighter. Strongest fight against John Ruiz - it was not impressive fight. Larry Donald - I'm not sure if American public saw this fight or not but I was there. I saw the fight and I am not impressed. My personal opinion, it would be great fight against Wladimir Klitschko and Wladimir have all the chance to destroy this big man, to knock him out [smiles]."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vitali Klitschko: "...IF I make my come back!"

Didnt I hear somewhere this guy has a PhD in Languages? I guess English wasnt one of those languages...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol, hows your Ukrainian then dude?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JimBoogie
    lol, hows your Ukrainian then dude?
    well if i had a degree in languages and Ukrainian was as widespread a language as English and Spanish, im sure it would be at least be better than the broken English in the interview above I would be fine with it if he didnt have a PhD in languages! or is that the other one?

Thread Information