Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Thought Holyfeild did more then enough to win the rematch and was really giving it to Bowe more so then Bowe did Holyfeild also Holyfeild out worked him. Since your kind of a Holyfield hater and jabber on about how terrible he is for drug abuse even though he never failed a test in 26 years yet yea he is only juicer and playing field was not even right. The fact that you have it close pretty much means Holyfeild won and the rematch was really close with Lewis but after that first fuck up there was no way in hell that Holyfeild was ever going to win that fight pretty much.
    I am a Holy hater for his steroid use. But he won me a lot of money in Tyson I so I have a soft spot too. I noticed you didn't disagree about any of the rounds. In fact I'm still waiting for one person to say "Bowe didn't win round...."

So, excuse me if I don't feel it's my hate.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bowe vs Holyfield II

Ok tell what the judges scored it and punches landed and why you think Bowe won the rounds because your not saying much. Sometimes counter and out landing can win rounds i mean Holyfeild had Bowe on queer street with the punches he landed to i dont feel you mad a point dude.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok i just watch the 10 and there no fucking way you can give it to Bowe Holyfeild landed more and had the best punch of the whole round. I think you should go watch 10 again because that is a Holyfeild round and i can not see it any other way or how you cant see it either.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also when i watch the 11 round it can go to Holyfeild as well he landed more punches and his punches were more telling close round but last part was all Holyfeild. I dont know if you were drunk when watching it but i suggest you watch those rounds again dude.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Also when i watch the 11 round it can go to Holyfeild as well he landed more punches and his punches were more telling close round but last part was all Holyfeild. I dont know if you were drunk when watching it but i suggest you watch those rounds again dude.
    Are you drunk now? I have said Holy got 11 about 20 times. I said Bowe won 1,2,3, 9, 10, 12 and 10 is the only one that is close. Holy did not out land him. Holy had a couple flashy punches but between the jab and left hook Bowe landed more.

I appreciate your attempt at actually answering though even if your argument about round 11 was pointless.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I just watched 10 again because Mr140 suggested Holyfield outlanded Bowe. That is absolute madness. Bowe outlanded him by more than 10 punches. It was around 12/13 more punches. Holy had a flurry at the end. It's shameful when people allow rounds to be stolen like that giving far more weight to the final 10 seconds than the entirety of the round. Bowe controls 2:40 seconds but Holy wins the last 20, let's gift it to Holy. It's sad this is how people think fights should be scored. Why not turn off the video and just listen to the crowd?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude i dont know how you counting punches but Holyfeild landed more from what i saw and his punches looked to be more effective i count again also is there a punch stat for the round. I also kinda enjoy this might go through every round again just for shits but is there states some were. Also master can you watch round 10 dude i swear to god i am seeing Holyfeild landing better blows and landing more. Also to you ron i read the question wrong and that is my bad so yea i watched round 11 for nothing but i forgot how good the fight was so i aint to mad about it really.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will watch round 10 but would prefer to watch the first fight.

My decision will be final.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    On live watch had it 115-113 Holyfield. Bowe should have spent less time thinking about putting refrigerators in his bedroom. I'm on the other side and thought idiot fan man 'helped' Bowe get second wind after Holyfield took 4,5,6 having Bowe cut and wobbled in 5th. Bowe found his jab start of 7th though, and then the fool from above. Didn't that guy end up committing suicide? Man I miss Mills Lane!
    So which did you steal from Bowe? It's a waste of time asking because it must be round 10. 1,2, 3, 9, and 12 are just too f'n obvious. Will you please explain HTF you gave Holy round 10?
    Had some time to dig up old cards this weekend. Looks like I had Bowe in 2,3,4,9,12 and Holyfield winning 1,5,6,7,8,10,11. I rewatched up until the fan man and actually could easily swap 1 and 4 between the two. On 10 I saw Holyfield and Bowe in about 7,8 nice exchanges of left hook to right hand. Holyfield with shorter crisper inside hooks and Bowe missed a few rather badly. The jab of Bowe was falling short and missing though physically he was the aggressor and did land a few body shots. Holyfield put the pressure on and really nailed him near the end. The fight in whole looked Bowe with the heavier but swatty shots, he was lethargic on large part...Holyfield was busier and landed the more jarring shots.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was the fight where Holyfield bulked up 217lb from 205lb. Fat Bowe weighed 246lb from 235lb in his peak condition.

It was a better fight than I thought.

Holyfield won the 10th round big he knocked Bowe's mouthpiece out. . What is wrong with you Ron?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield won round 11 but got smashed in 12th by Bowe.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You are going to make me watch the fight again arnt you?

What about Lennox v Holyfield 2, that was close and should have been controversial but because of the robbery in the first fight they did not make a fuss about it.
    Hadn't had a chance to watch LL/Holyfield II until today. I scored it for LL again. Him taking the early rounds, Evander coming on in the middle rounds, LL wrapping it up by taking 10 and 11 and Evander pulling it closer by taking the 12th. I can see 7-5 or 8-4 depending on which way a person goes with swing rounds. To be fair and clear though I don't favor guys trying to steal rounds rather than trying to win them outright, and that seemed to be Evanders MO against the super heavyweights. I can see people that favor flash giving Evander more credit than I do in scoring.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This was the fight where Holyfield bulked up 217lb from 205lb. Fat Bowe weighed 246lb from 235lb in his peak condition.

It was a better fight than I thought.

Holyfield won the 10th round big he knocked Bowe's mouthpiece out. . What is wrong with you Ron?
    I favor the guy that won 2:40 of the round over and land 12,13 more punches over the guy that won the last 20 seconds on a few very good punches. They were the best punches of the round but the bigger man brings weight to every punch so while they man not look as explosive they are. And if you land 12-13 more punches and you are the bigger/stronger man and bigger puncher it has to be noted. Even if those couple shots by Evander were huge.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know were you are getting this 13 exrta pinches are you counting the ones landing on his arms and shoulders. I do not see Bowe really out landing Holyfeild would love to see a copybox for the rounds. Anyway no matter your though process Holyfeild landed cleaner effective punches also won the fight i say close but clearly to most. I wish i could find punches landed in each round for the fight but i would not even know were to find it i tried to google it but it did not turn up very much.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield landed more punches and the better punches in round 10. It was a clear round for Holyfield.

Thread Information