Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: It's your choice.....What are you going to choose?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default It's your choice.....What are you going to choose?

Interesting piece below with lots of pictures. I think it raises some serious points and now that the new feudalism is emerging people are having a harder time ignoring what has and is taking place. It is your choice.....what are you going to choose? Thoughts and views most welcome.

Your 'New Normal' Life (In Pictures) | Zero Hedge

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's your choice.....What are you going to choose?

I'm banned from the idiot box because of some drama, so instead I am going to ponder on the notion of conformity. It is a complex topic.

I have always considered myself a non-conformist, but I see the obvious contradictions in saying that. After all, I haven't become a survivalist. One of my earliest memories is that of being taken to nursery for the first time. I cried my eyes out at this situation as I didn't understand why I was being coerced into this alien life away from home. What was the purpose or reason? Was it really to learn? What could they teach me that I couldn't learn at home? Could my mother not speak, nor teach me the ABC? Then at school, life was much akin to a prison camp with history lessons on the monarchy, arguably the most vile and violent of all British Institutions. When asked for my own opinion about a painting I had produced at around 8 years old I described it as 'crap' and was immediately scolded by my teacher for speaking out of turn. You have to speak a certain way and to say certain things and with my southern accent and uncultured ways I had to adapt. From a young age, I became an actor, able to wear the mask, to cloak myself and become invisible by changing my accent, and in my own way conforming. Internally though though I knew I didn't fit in and didn't enjoy learning about the monarchy. However, I was a quiet boy and had an aptitude for learning. Cosmology became a particular interest along with paleontology. During this time I wrote entire volumes about a time traveling football player and lived a fantasy life through my creation. My works were even put on the wall, but I do not believe this was because of the literary quality. In fact, I do not think these materials even exist today.

From a very young age I swallowed the alternative pill, though of course you have to pretend you didn't as people will think you are mad. As an adult I see no reason to pretend, but to just tell it how I see it. As long as your heart is right, that is the correct choice to make. My autobiography will be finished in 2043 and will be available free of charge to all party members. Thank you.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What was the choice again?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is between the red dice or the green dice. The red one is the status quo, whilst the green one is advocating change of the self and the system. My mini autobiography was a roundabout way of saying it is a bit complicated.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Green then.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Green then.
    Green is a great colour
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Interesting piece below with lots of pictures. I think it raises some serious points and now that the new feudalism is emerging people are having a harder time ignoring what has and is taking place. It is your choice.....what are you going to choose? Thoughts and views most welcome.

Your 'New Normal' Life (In Pictures) | Zero Hedge
    Back in August when you started this thread http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...-2-months.html

I posted this video because I thought you might find it helpful and inspiring

You obviously didn't watch it. I am not chastising you, just trying to illustrate the fact that when you make assumptions about people you also can end up missing opportunities. I do not hate you or Brockton, but you really have no idea about me at all if you think I am the enemy.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I recall the video and did watch it, it follows a similar theme. In life opportunities are made and lost constantly. I just count myself lucky I didn't get fat and somehow keep fighting on, but it's not enough to be a thin, informed dolphin. I do think there is so much to do and the fire inside burns deep. That is why my ultimate goal is to be a farmer. There is no money to be made in it, but to farm seems to me, how life should be. All these city towers and people on top, below, and around, and underground. We go to supermarkets, get picked for our suit and tie labour, and you get the not so subtle feeling that it is you that is being farmed. I've played the game somewhat, but I don't want to. It's a terrible system.

I declared an amnesty elsewhere. We have disagreements, but such is life. I'm fine with you if you would just go steady on the snide insults. If I demand that, then I have to provide the same in return. Quid pro quo, Clarice. My, I love Hannibal Lecter. He had a general unease with the system too, but acted a little too like the elite. Good phrase though, 'Quid pro quo'.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Becoming a farmer is an admirable goal. Most peasants are salt of the earth.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    and how many peasants have you interviewed?

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    and how many peasants have you interviewed?
    None I am self employed. I have been homeless though and lived off poverty pancakes (flour and water) and veg thrown away from market stalls for weeks. The countryside is lovely, I live in it.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's true. They work the soil which is a physically demanding and oftentimes lonely job and there isn't much money in it as our economic system demands low prices for the most important thing there is.....food. It makes no sense to me how we can give bankers millions for what is really nothing more than fraud, whilst the food on our table often gets overlooked. More than overlooked, we are actively eating processed poisoned foods. I think if you can reconnect people with the land and the inherent values of food, people will eat more healthily. We get so disconnected living in cities.

You sometimes question my comparisons, but I compare farming and banking as both are vital, but in one industry we attack people of integrity, and in the other have allowed people of no integrity to flourish. Good banking is needed, but this bastardised banking is an abomination. In the future, farming will need to be respected again as fake finance is mere illusion, but the hungry person is a reality.

Thread Information