Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Could Ricky pull it off ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HATTON v MAYWEATHER Who Would Win.......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default HATTON v MAYWEATHER Who Would Win.......

Could Ricky pull off a memorable win like this. If you've read his book he thinks he could, now it's over to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HATTON v MAYWEATHER Who Would Win.......

Mayweather late stoppage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a hard time seeing how Hatton would manage to win a single round.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Hatton that beat Koyata would have had a good chance but judging by his last few fights that Hatton is long gone.

They way Hatton fades in the last few rounds I think Mayweather might even stop him down the stretch.

I hope I am proved wrong coz I am a massive Hatton fan and I cant stand FM,but thats the way I see it going.
    Balls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    I have a hard time seeing how Hatton would manage to win a single round.
    Whilst your one of my fave posters,and I also believe PBF would win,there is NO WAY he would win EVERY single round.

Hatton is similar in style to JLC who is a fighter PBF struggled with. Ricky's style of staying as close as possible to fighter,constantly banging to the body has looked ineffective against a strong southpaw WW in Collazo and a bull of a man in Urango(Hatton also appeared to play it safe) but against Floyd,there would be moments when Hatton has him on the ropes and that would be interesting.His hooks could really have an effect on Floyd. and his high work rate and ability to take a punch are very impressive.

I think Floyd would beat him either via late stoppage or points but it would NOT be easy,Hatton would give a much much tougher fight than guys like Gatti/Judah/Baldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone says they're gonna press and press and press Floyd and pressure him all night.
    But nobody ever sticks with it come fight time.
    Why? Because they don't like what they're taking in return.
    Floyd may not have one punch knockout power, but the quick surprising shots that you don't see BEAT on your confidence more than anything.
    And you can bet Floyd will pick Ricky off all night long.
    And if Ricky don't like the leather he's taking every time he throws a punch, he'll become more and more hesitant to let it all out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mayweather by decision. hatton can not beat mayweather. he struggled with callozo and mayweather is 10 times a better boxer than him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Hatton is similar in style to JLC who is a fighter PBF struggled with.
    Two things:
    1. Jose Luis Castillo at 135 pounds is a better fighter than Ricky Hatton at 147.
    2. Mayweather is not the same fighter that he was more than 5 years ago when he struggled with Castillo. That fight wasn't just the other day, it was a long time ago. One thing Floyd doesn't get enough credit for is that he constantly improves different aspects of his game and improves his weaknesses. He is a much better and complete fighter in 2007 than in 2002.

Hatton would give a much much tougher fight than guys like Gatti/Judah/Baldo.
    I agree that Hatton could give him a tougher fight than Gatti, but I don't see how he gives him a tougher fight than Judah.
    Judah may be a headcase, but he's also bigger, stronger, and light years faster than Ricky Hatton. And a southpaw as well. At 147 pounds, Zab Judah is a much much tougher opponent than Ricky Hatton.
    In fact, I would strongly favor Zab Judah to beat Ricky Hatton at either 140 or 147.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Hatton is similar in style to JLC who is a fighter PBF struggled with.
    Two things:
    1. Jose Luis Castillo at 135 pounds is a better fighter than Ricky Hatton at 147.
    2. Mayweather is not the same fighter that he was more than 5 years ago when he struggled with Castillo. That fight wasn't just the other day, it was a long time ago. One thing Floyd doesn't get enough credit for is that he constantly improves different aspects of his game and improves his weaknesses. He is a much better and complete fighter in 2007 than in 2002.

Hatton would give a much much tougher fight than guys like Gatti/Judah/Baldo.
    I agree that Hatton could give him a tougher fight than Gatti, but I don't see how he gives him a tougher fight than Judah.
    Judah may be a headcase, but he's also bigger, stronger, and light years faster than Ricky Hatton. And a southpaw as well. At 147 pounds, Zab Judah is a much much tougher opponent than Ricky Hatton.
    In fact, I would strongly favor Zab Judah to beat Ricky Hatton at either 140 or 147.
    hATTON HAD 1 FIGHT AT 147,against a slick southpaw,a stylistic nightmare and he had a few weeks to prepare so inconcievably,Castillo would be the better fighter at his own weight class.(and JLC is alos a better fighter since the PBF fights,he was still getting better then,gaining more confidence to become the beast we know now.) And please,by all means,elaborate on HOW Mayweather is better please? Defensively may be,offensively,nope. This would play into the hands of Hatton,allowing Hatton to launch more attacks knowing he can take what is coming back.

There is NO WAY I'd favour Judah over Hatton at 140 or 147. No way. Hatton pressures immensly,Judah cannot take pressure.Simple as. Hatton took Kostyas bombs all night long,he could take Judah's.Judah would get murdered to the body. Judah bigger than Hatton?? Absolutely no way.Hatton balloons to what 160 in between fights>??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hATTON HAD 1 FIGHT AT 147,against a slick southpaw,a stylistic nightmare and he had a few weeks to prepare so inconcievably,Castillo would be the better fighter at his own weight class.
    Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me that Castillo is better at 135 than Hatton at 147? I can't really tell.

(and JLC is alos a better fighter since the PBF fights,he was still getting better then,gaining more confidence to become the beast we know now.)
    Ok.... but how does this effect whether he was better at 135 than Hatton is at 147?

And please,by all means,elaborate on HOW Mayweather is better please? Defensively may be,offensively,nope.
    Mayweather was a one-handed fighter for the most part earlier in his career. Left jab, quick left hook. His right hand was an afterthought. He's consistently improved his straight right hand, to the point where it now might be his best punch.
    And his defense has improved greatly as well. He is much better defensively along the ropes now than he was 4 or 5 years ago. He is much better prepared to fight off the ropes than he was against Castillo. Trapping Mayweather on the ropes isn't as effective as it once was. He used to fight defensively by using his legs, now he can use his legs or use upper-body movement, such as the shoulder roll.
    He is a better fighter offensively, better defensively, is much more experienced. He has improved in every area over the last 4-5 years.

This would play into the hands of Hatton,allowing Hatton to launch more attacks knowing he can take what is coming back.
    This sounds like what every single one of Pernell's opponents (and most of Floyd's) have said over the years.
    Just because you're not worried about your opponent hurting you doesn't mean you're going to be able to dive in and launch vicious attacks. Opponents always say, "I can walk right thru him." Doesn't work that way though.
    The great defensive fighters don't need great power to stifle their opponents. Mayweather isn't as good as Whitaker, but he's good enough to easily handle Hatton, in my opinion.

Judah bigger than Hatton?? Absolutely no way.Hatton balloons to what 160 in between fights>??
    Just because Ricky gets fat and out-of-shape in between fights doesn't mean he's a bigger stronger fighter when he gets in the ring.
    Judah is an inch taller, has a seven inch reach advantage, and is just as muscular as Hatton in the ring.
    Judah looks perfectly natural physically when he's in the ring against 147 pounders, whereas Hatton looked small and out of place. Hatton's body type is better suited for 140.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    Mayweather late stoppage
    I think this fight would look like the Gatti fight. Maybe worse...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I think Hatton will eventually move up to 147 so we shall see. You are indeed correct about his improvements which have looked good...against lesser opponents. He has not faced anyone as good/dangerous as JLC so we can't tell how effective those changes are.And I disagree,I think his right hand has always been an important part of his arsenal.Like I said,offensively,he was more effective at the lower weights.

And to even compare Hatton and Judah's strength is silly.Ricky is built like a bull and has shown it in fights. Where has Judah shown this strength? And Judah is much faster than Hatton....but then again,he's much faster than Pineda,than Tszyu,than Baldo etc....

I don't want to go too far off topic,you made valid points but nothing at all which comes anywhere remotely close to justifying HOW Floyd would beat Hatton wihtout Hatton winning a "single round". I just don't understadn the thinking behind that statement. Like I said,Floyd should and would win but winning every round. Don't see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was a time I thought this would be a good bout but....that was then and this was now...IMO Floyd has improved while Ricky has gone down hill with his hit and hold
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    There was a time I thought this would be a good bout but....that was then and this was now...IMO Floyd has improved while Ricky has gone down hill with his hit and hold
    Yup!
    About a year and a half ago, I would've given my left arm to see this fight.
    Now, I don't even see this one being close.
    Ricky's fans are always quick to jump to his defense with,
    "It's hard to look good against a guy like Urango! It's hard to look good against a guy like Collazo! It's hard to look good against awkward Maussa!"
    And when Floyd goes out and looks good in his fights, all of a sudden he's fighting nobodies.
    So basically, it's okay to look bad against good fighters, but it's not okay to look good against good fighters? Does not compute.
    I like Ricky and I do respect him for what he does in the ring. He beat KT and I take nothing away from that. But when you read about him from his fans, you come to expect him to be this all-out bull who doesn't stop pressing his opponent.
    He had one big win over KT, he ran over low level competition early in his career, and he grabs and holds his way to victory when he steps up. Is that accurate?
    Where are his big explosive fights? I've seen about a dozen Ricky fights. Did I happen to coincidentally tune in to the 12 times he had an off night and all the other times I've missed him he's an intense bull?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's an interesting point,how many people actually want to see this fight? I'm not sure whether I ifind it exciting or not! I mean boxing fans are fickle,we all say Hatton has looked bad in his last few fights but if he beats JLC well,people will be clamouring to see this again!

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Yup!
    About a year and a half ago, I would've given my left arm to see this fight.
    Now, I don't even see this one being close.
    Ricky's fans are always quick to jump to his defense with,
    "It's hard to look good against a guy like Urango! It's hard to look good against a guy like Collazo! It's hard to look good against awkward Maussa!"
    And when Floyd goes out and looks good in his fights, all of a sudden he's fighting nobodies.
    So basically, it's okay to look bad against good fighters, but it's not okay to look good against good fighters? Does not compute.
    I like Ricky and I do respect him for what he does in the ring. He beat KT and I take nothing away from that. But when you read about him from his fans, you come to expect him to be this all-out bull who doesn't stop pressing his opponent.
    He had one big win over KT, he ran over low level competition early in his career, and he grabs and holds his way to victory when he steps up. Is that accurate?
    Where are his big explosive fights? I've seen about a dozen Ricky fights. Did I happen to coincidentally tune in to the 12 times he had an off night and all the other times I've missed him he's an intense bull?
    Very good points there bro,I can relate to what you are saying. His holding is a little excessive for my liking too and he does need another A grade win aside from Tszyu,there's only so long a fighter can sit on one win!

Thread Information