Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: sylla vs korvelov... anyone excited?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default sylla vs korvelov... anyone excited?

im really looking forward to this fight... to me, it's got to be one of the best matchups that no one knows about... other than the heavyweight match-up the otherday of Perez vs Gabo(cant remember the guys name)... but im looking forward to this weeks card, just wondering if anyone else was...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: sylla vs korvelov... anyone excited?

That is the fight I'm looking forward to most.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like korvelov

all these big tough hrd hitting russians coming through and nobody can beat them, only rocky managed it didnt he
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are both Russians. This is a good fight. Does Sillakh have enough power to keep Kovalev off him?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sillakh is actually the worst possible opponent for Kovalev (bad style matchup, high-risk, not much to gain since Sillakh is underrated now).

Sillakh is a highly-skilled, slick boxer with one punch KO power. He's been underrated since the loss to Grachev, who he had been easily outboxing during the fight until the stoppage.

However, Kovalev is a beast and I'm still picking him to win on Saturday. Sillakh was stopped in the amateurs by Beterbiev and others, so if Kovalev can find his chin without being KOed in the process, he'll win.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Sillakh is actually the worst possible opponent for Kovalev (bad style matchup, high-risk, not much to gain since Sillakh is underrated now).

Sillakh is a highly-skilled, slick boxer with one punch KO power. He's been underrated since the loss to Grachev, who he had been easily outboxing during the fight until the stoppage.

However, Kovalev is a beast and I'm still picking him to win on Saturday. Sillakh was stopped in the amateurs by Beterbiev and others, so if Kovalev can find his chin without being KOed in the process, he'll win.
    I agree with all of this, I just think Sillakh's chin will let him down, I don't he will be able to keep Kovalev off him the whole fight. Sooner or later I feel Kovalev will catch him
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

I agree with all of this, I just think Sillakh's chin will let him down, I don't he will be able to keep Kovalev off him the whole fight. Sooner or later I feel Kovalev will catch him
    I agree. I think Sillakh will do well in the early rounds but Kovalev will eventually catch up to him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I kinda am because sillak has good boxing skills but I dont think he took the proper steps before taking this bout..

After losing to grachev, he should have built himself better rather than padding his record with the bums he's been fighting... its ok to take one or two confidence builders after a devastating defeat but you got to step up just a little bit at least before jumping in with the wolves again..

You cant from fighting the mitch williams of the world and enrique with a 12-11-2 record straight to an opponent on a killer streak like Kovalev...

Him and his team are banking on a lightning to strike but thats wishful thinking..

He is going to win some early rounds and get severely owned once he gets hit flush..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    I kinda am because sillak has good boxing skills but I dont think he took the proper steps before taking this bout..

After losing to grachev, he should have built himself better rather than padding his record with the bums he's been fighting... its ok to take one or two confidence builders after a devastating defeat but you got to step up just a little bit at least before jumping in with the wolves again..

You cant from fighting the mitch williams of the world and enrique with a 12-11-2 record straight to an opponent on a killer streak like Kovalev...

Him and his team are banking on a lightning to strike but thats wishful thinking..

He is going to win some early rounds and get severely owned once he gets hit flush..
    Sillakh was fighting over 175 too, wonder if weight will be an issue? But I'm banking on his chin letting him down again
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't he just sign with James Prince? It's surprising that a manager would let him get in the ring with a huge puncher right away. There are other light heavyweights that he could box that don't have the same punching power at the top level.

I like the Black Russian too though. I could see this fight being a barn burner.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Artur Beterbiev might be the best light heavyweight on tomorrow's card, better than Kovalev and Stevenson. Here he is in two amateur fights against Sillakh:

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kovalev is going to have his chin and his stamina tested here. What I like about him is he doesn't get lost in that "power" game and never forgets to box and sets these subtle traps to maximize it. Sillakh can frustrate and box but can also be repetitive. Pretty nice lil match up here!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Kovalev is going to have his chin and his stamina tested here. What I like about him is he doesn't get lost in that "power" game and never forgets to box and sets these subtle traps to maximize it. Sillakh can frustrate and box but can also be repetitive. Pretty nice lil match up here!
    Yeah kovalev definitely doesn't relly on his power alone he throws more than some feather fiested folks out there hence I think hell take sillakh out in 5 or 6 actually if that, kovalev's special.

Thread Information