Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bull$hit scoring

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3145335

that's espn's Dan Rafael's score card and it's utter bullshit, same as the official scorecards

i mean Mayweather was taking charge by the time of the stoppage, and i had him slightly ahead, but to say he won all the rounds but like one or two, is garbage, that's why Mayweather will never be respected by casual fans, it's the media's fault more than his own

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bullshit scoring

what were the official ones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

89-81 twice & 88-82

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only score card that was rubbish was Harold Letterman. Even when they deducted a point from Hatton, Harold scored the round even at 9-9. I had hatton winning 2 rounds. I dont get it almost all the judges had the score identical for once and now you want to discredit all 3 judges. Barging in and using uneducated pressure to try and hold does'nt buy you the round. Winning a round is also based on ring generalship and landing cleaner shots. At best Hatton was sloppy lastnight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ridiculous scoring, and stupid to have 3 USA judges for a fight where one of the fighters is USA

Should be 3 independent judges (ie not USA or UK)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the fighters was not USA, one of the fighters was Floyd Mayweather, and he won most of the rounds. No conspiracies or country bashing in the scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by global
    One of the fighters was not USA, one of the fighters was Floyd Mayweather, and he won most of the rounds. No conspiracies or country bashing in the scores.
    You arent understanding my point - every international fight i have ever seen in UK , all the judges are from neutral countries, hence amazement at the 3 judges nationality here - its not an emotional point im making purely a factual one

I dont agree the scores, for example in my mind definitely Hatton won the second round for example

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give me a break. I figured the Hatton fanboys would finally shut up after their man got thoroughly dominated and outclassed en route to being KO'd, but I should have known better. The scoring was fine. I had it 88-82, giving Hatton only rounds 1 and 4, and giving Mayweather the 6th 10-8. The point deduction was bs, I concede, but if I watched it again I'd probably give Mayweather 4 anyway, since he nearly doubled Hatton's connects that round. This was just not a close fight at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    Give me a break. I figured the Hatton fanboys would finally shut up after their man got thoroughly dominated and outclassed en route to being KO'd, but I should have known better. The scoring was fine. I had it 88-82, giving Hatton only rounds 1 and 4, and giving Mayweather the 6th 10-8. The point deduction was bs, I concede, but if I watched it again I'd probably give Mayweather 4 anyway, since he nearly doubled Hatton's connects that round. This was just not a close fight at all.

I agree 100%, its sad that when you're a fan of a fighter how it sometimes cloud your judgement. It can even rob you of your eye sight. Without the ko it would have ended in a lop sided UD, and rightfully so. Harold letterman's score card was ridiculous he must really like Hatton's style. barge straight in with no head movement, block the punches with your face, then hold and grab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Firstly you dont understand what fans are then - we dont stop supporting someone if they get beaten, when we say support it means attend events (as nearly all the arena was filled with Hatton fans)

i believe the fight was reasonbly competitive for at least 6 rounds, but after that Mayweather pulled away - despite your arrogance, my views are just as valid as yours - its called opinion

I thought Hatton lost the first round actually and won the second, so we are opposite there !

Anyway we all know Mayweather is the best fighter and well done to him, BUT 3 national judges isnt allowed where im from, that was al i was saying

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bornlivelife
    Firstly you dont understand what fans are then - we dont stop supporting someone if they get beaten, when we say support it means attend events (as nearly all the arena was filled with Hatton fans)

i believe the fight was reasonbly competitive for at least 6 rounds, but after that Mayweather pulled away - despite your arrogance, my views are just as valid as yours - its called opinion

I thought Hatton lost the first round actually and won the second, so we are opposite there !

Anyway we all know Mayweather is the best fighter and well done to him, BUT 3 national judges isnt allowed where im from, that was al i was saying
    No. Your views are not valid. There garbage. Your boy got knocked the fuck out. And your bitching about the judges cards. In a fight he was clearly losing on points. Do like your idol and take the lost like a man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry pal my views are as valid as yours - its called free speech - are you some kind of Dominatrix?

i am not disagreeing with the result of the fight or the result of the scorecards if you put your glasses on, i making the point it is weird to have 3 national judges from same country as a boxer , and would never occur in UK

i also dont agree with rd 2 being mayweather, but hey its opinion, and i said 3 times Maywaether won - you thick or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry pal my views are as valid as yours - its called free speech - are you some kind of Dominatrix?

i am not disagreeing with the result of the fight or the result of the scorecards if you put your glasses on, i making the point it is weird to have 3 national judges from same country as a boxer , and would never occur in UK

i also dont agree with rd 2 being mayweather, but hey its opinion, and i said 3 times Maywaether won - you thick or what?

Oh u said Mayweather won 3 times thats really good for u, because we needed you to verify that, because we could'nt see hattons head violently being thrashed into the turnbuckle from that peach of a left hook that was delivered with pin point accuracy.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsexy

Oh u said Mayweather won 3 times thats really good for u, because we needed you to verify that, because we could'nt see hattons head violently being thrashed into the turnbuckle from that peach of a left hook that was delivered with pin point accuracy.

LMAO well said.

I had Hatton winning 2 of the 10 rounds that they fought. Giving Hatton any more than 2 of those rounds would be being way to generous IMO.

We're having the same fuckin problem we had after the Mayweather/DLH fight. Mayweather moved around the ring the whole round, dictated the pace, and landed beautiful clean punches in abundance. DLH has a flashy but ineffective flurry while PBF is against the ropes, landing maybe 1 or 2 punches and the rest being blocked, and people want to give that round to DLH. Fucking stupid.

It don't matter if the judges were from USA or Uranus, Hatton was losing the fight and, barring KOing Floyd, deserved to lose the decision had it gone the distance. Luckily it never, Floyd knocked him the fuck out so all this bullshit is a moot point.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

y'all need to stop hating, seriously! mayweather killed your idol. in one round hatton didnt even land one punch, he shut the guy out 100%, in route to the tko victory. stop concentrating on the scroing and concentrate more on your boy hatton being too one dimensional and having poor defense. write to hatton and encourage him to fire his coaches, the ones who didnt teach him to slip, duck or cover up lol

Thread Information