Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Winky underrated physically

I don't remember posting this, but maybe I have because I've been thinking about asking it forever. People always say he has such great technique, but I think he also is an athletic phenom that nobody hears about his athletic attributes enough kind of like Ray Lewis for americans. I've seen WInky have enough reflexes to comfortably block most of which fast punchers like Shane Mosley, Robert Frazier, and Jermain Taylor can throw. I see Winky who at 34 is as fast of hand as Jermain Taylor if not faster, and when he was younger was faster than everyone I've seen him fight except Frazier and Mosley. He has a high tolerance for taking head and body shots which is both a physical and mental thing. Last but not least WInky doesn't get acknowledged for this enough, but he is incredibly strong even for a middleweight... SUre he doesn't hit as hard as most fighters p4p of his calibur, but he does have the strength to come forward all night on the giant middleweight known as Jermain Taylor, and he walked through Trinidad strength wise. I know alot of his ability to hit, and not get hit is his timing, but reflexes enhance timing along with experience. Thats my 2 cents at least on WInky.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Winky underrated physically

You are probably right but in my opinion too many people are already chomping on Winky's ballbags way too much for my likeing.

Please for Gawds sake don't give even more praise to lavish on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    You are probably right but in my opinion too many people are already chomping on Winky's ballbags way too much for my likeing.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

lol
    But i think Winky is a little undderated physically.I think he is stronger than people say he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jabvargas24
    lol
    But i think Winky is a little undderated physically.I think he is stronger than people say he is.
    Huge fan of Wright...huge. He's like my second or third favorite fighter.

The thing about Wright is that he's more of an accumulative puncher than he is a powerhouse...or strong puncher.

If you look at his shots & how accurate he is...IWO...that's where his strengths lie.

He's pretty much right on the button with his shots.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky is prolly the strongest fighter at Junior-middle weight and one of the strongest at middleweight.I could even see Winky holding his own at Supermiddle and Lightheavyweight divisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jabvargas24
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

lol
    right back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I don't remember posting this, but maybe I have because I've been thinking about asking it forever. People always say he has such great technique, but I think he also is an athletic phenom that nobody hears about his athletic attributes enough kind of like Ray Lewis for americans. I've seen WInky have enough reflexes to comfortably block most of which fast punchers like Shane Mosley, Robert Frazier, and Jermain Taylor can throw. I see Winky who at 34 is as fast of hand as Jermain Taylor if not faster, and when he was younger was faster than everyone I've seen him fight except Frazier and Mosley. He has a high tolerance for taking head and body shots which is both a physical and mental thing. Last but not least WInky doesn't get acknowledged for this enough, but he is incredibly strong even for a middleweight... SUre he doesn't hit as hard as most fighters p4p of his calibur, but he does have the strength to come forward all night on the giant middleweight known as Jermain Taylor, and he walked through Trinidad strength wise. I know alot of his ability to hit, and not get hit is his timing, but reflexes enhance timing along with experience. Thats my 2 cents at least on WInky.
    From a technical stand point yes Winky is very good, but for the average viewer he is just too boring of a fighter to watch. That is his biggest downfall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its funny I haven't found one fight of his really boring because he brings himself down to his opponents level it seems most of the time. I loved Him vs. Vargas, Mosley I&II,Taylor,Trinidad, and his smaller fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its funny I haven't found one fight of his really boring because he brings himself down to his opponents level it seems most of the time. I loved Him vs. Vargas, Mosley I&II,Taylor,Trinidad, and his smaller fights.
    I suppose your not an average viewer. I meant the celebs that pay thousands of $$ to go see only the big fights and the boxing fans who know less than 10 fighters. I guess what I am saying is that I don't think Winky is as much underrated as he is less popular to draw the average boxing fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Vargas fight was amazing. I love that fight.

One of the better Wright fights, IWO, was the McKart fight. Seen that one? If not...you need to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Which Mackart fight? They fought 3 times...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, Winky is very underated physically. He doesnt look all that big and naturally is smaller then alot of his opponents but every last once of him is very strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Which Mackart fight? They fought 3 times...
    The second one...I don't really rate their last fight. Sorry state that one. I can't remember exactly how many times it was...but Wright got hammered in the balls until the ref DQ'd McKart.

He was a pissed off human...& you know his balls were killing him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've watched winky spar with much bigger and stronger than him.And in every match I watched him humiliate his opponents ....Jeff Lacy,Antuan Echols,Tarver,and many others less notable boxers.Several big heavy weights also.I never mention that his strength is underated because I yank his chain too much on this site as it is. I'm not a band wagon jumper I've been a believer for 12 years....and every since Vargas I've been betting as if the fight was rigged .....head-first ......Borrowing.....Saling........Pawning.... refinancing....still spending Trinidad money

Thread Information