Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a sad time it is in the heavyweights when wlad v haye is such a big fight!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What a sad time it is in the heavyweights when wlad v haye is such a big fight!

ok the hype for wlad vs haye is huge (i agree i get caught up in it) but when we actually look at it WHY?

Wlad has been on his backside sooo many times it untrue & lets be honest not fought any really good heavyweights (not his fault just no one abt)

Haye is soooo inexperienced in heavys he hasnt fought anyone who aint old & crap!

yet this is gonna be the biggest fight for i dont know how long

it shows what a state the heavyweight scene is in when we are going crazy for them 2 get the fight on!

opinions?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What a sad time it is in the heavyweights when wlad v haye is such a big fight!

Totally agree. Wlad will probably go down as a great heavyweight when he retires, but in my opinion he is just a big fucker who has profited from the weakest division in history. Larry Holmes would've made him look a complete koont! As for Haye, I just don't get the hype!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What a sad time it is in the heavyweights when wlad v haye is such a big fight!

Agree with everything you say but thats the heavyweight landscape so I guess we git to be thankful that a fight has actually come along thats got people talking

To my mind there not been a big heavyweight fight since Vitali v Lewis has there Well not for me anyway.

And yep Wlad is just a big fucker as you say H. A few inches shorter and people would have been saying that Pele Reid had a better career.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course that's how sad the division is now. Wlad and Haye would be mediocre contenders in the 90s thats not good enough to even win an abc title.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not really sure about all that. Wlad has been a champion for a long, long time. He's taken the "0's" from 4 different fighters and he's fought in a half dozen different countries. He came to the United States to fight the best there is here too. His competition hasn't been great, but it's been decent. He would be alright in any time of history if you ask me. He'd lose some and he'd win some with the best. Haye's hype is premature if you ask me, but he was a cruiserweight champion and he got a belt at heavyweight in one of his first fights in the division so it is not unprecedented. Would I have liked to see him fight the Arreola's, Chambers, and Povetkins before stepping in with Wlad? Sure, but it's still an exciting fight.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Of course that's how sad the division is now. Wlad and Haye would be mediocre contenders in the 90s thats not good enough to even win an abc title.
    Oh absolutely Wlad would have a hell of a time beating those marvelous fighters that held belts in the 1990's:
    Tommy Morrison
    Michael Moorer
    Post-Prison Mike Tyson
    Buster Douglas
    Riddick Bowe
    Old George Foreman
    Bruce Seldon
    Oliver McCall
    Frank Bruno
    Herbie Hide
    Michael Bentt
    Ray Mercer
    Axel Schultz

...I'll spot you Lennox and Evander but seriously you don't think Wladimir would beat those guys? You must have lost your damn mind! And HELL NO Riddick Bowe wouldn't win vs Wlad Riddick NEVER FOUGHT A PUNCHER....EVER. Evander Holyfield is the biggest puncher Riddick ever fought (as a pro) of course we know what happened to him as an amateur...but whatever you've made up your minds. Feel free to continue not appreciating greatness.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the Lewis fight the other day and for me Vitali will finish with by far the better reputation compared to Wlad.

I think he would compete with any heavyweight in history. Wlad has holes, Vitali not so much.

But Wlad is more marketable, he's the cheeky younger brother.

I think this fight is a huge fight, biggest in a very long time.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me, this is just senseless nitpicking. So what if Wlad was knocked down? Muhammad Ali was on his ass more than once too. Wlad and Vitali have ruled the HW division for almost a decade. It's not that they are fighting shit opposition, it's that they are head and shoulders above the rest (much like Lennox was in his day).

David Haye is green as hell at HW, that much I agree with, and has largely positioned himself so highly with his trash talk and hype. But that aside, he obviously possesses an extremely dangerous pair of hands and brings a level of speed and power to the table that the Klitschko's haven't been faced with. So it is, and should be, a big fight IMO.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Joe Bloggs gets the hype, then I certainly do.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=BIG H;954585]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    To me, this is just senseless nitpicking. So what if Wlad was knocked down? Muhammad Ali was on his ass more than once too. Wlad and Vitali have ruled the HW division for almost a decade. It's not that they are fighting shit opposition, it's that they are head and shoulders above the rest (much like Lennox was in his day).

David Haye is green as hell at HW, that much I agree with, and has largely positioned himself so highly with his trash talk and hype. But that aside, he obviously possesses an extremely dangerous pair of hands and brings a level of speed and power to the table that the Klitschko's haven't been faced with. So it is, and should be, a big fight IMO.

But 11 times!!! In his pomp!!! Wlad goes down more than once every five fights on average
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=BIG H;954586]
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

But 11 times!!! In his pomp!!! Wlad goes down more than once every five fights on average

So he's over due!!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

El Kabong Guest

...well to be completely accurate here (and not just an asshole) you must admit Wlad got up a number of times whereas other fighters with as many or even more KO losses (Mike Tyson) usually got knocked down once and stayed down.

Wlad like many other heavyweight greats has also gotten up from being knocked down in order to WIN a fight....Lennox Lewis never did that...just saying

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    I watched the Lewis fight the other day and for me Vitali will finish with by far the better reputation compared to Wlad.

I think he would compete with any heavyweight in history. Wlad has holes, Vitali not so much.

But Wlad is more marketable, he's the cheeky younger brother.

I think this fight is a huge fight, biggest in a very long time.
    This I agree. Vitali with that iron chin, toughness, size, can hang with any HW in history. Wlad's weak chin is the reason why not too many can say he will hang with the ATGs in history.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    ...well to be completely accurate here (and not just an asshole) you must admit Wlad got up a number of times whereas other fighters with as many or even more KO losses (Mike Tyson) usually got knocked down once and stayed down.

Wlad like many other heavyweight greats has also gotten up from being knocked down in order to WIN a fight....Lennox Lewis never did that...just saying
    I know 1 thing and many will agree with me, that an old, semi-shot, out of shape, inactive Lewis managed to tore up prime Vitali's face. In fact that version would still beat Wlad today or has a high chance of doing it.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I know 1 thing and many will agree with me, that an old, semi-shot, out of shape, inactive Lewis managed to tore up prime Vitali's face. In fact that version would still beat Wlad today or has a high chance of doing it.
    And as I guess ONLY I will point out to you it was a short notice fight for Vitali too and we can't judge how 1 fighter would do against 1 brother based on how he did vs the other...My prime examples Chris Byrd and Corrie Sanders. Lennox never fought Wlad so you can't just make wild ass assumptions about how who would do against who especially if both camps were given a full training camp to prepare.

But I digress....continue your Klitschko bashing, go right along your merry way

Thread Information