Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson fury is up against Gonzalo Omar Basile

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Again what's ur point? Pulev just beat Thompson, Ustinov and Dimitrenko in his last 3 fights and Abrel was a late replacement (1 weeks notice I think) so didn't have long to find anyone better. His competition has been a lot better then Furys if you are trying to make a comparison. I don't think Pulev is particularly good anyway. Him and Fury would be a good fight but like most potential fights probably won't happen. Doubt Fury will fight anyone with a pulse unless the money is big and right now that's only Haye and Klit, maybe Joshua or Price in a few years.
    Yeah! For 106 ranked Sherman Williams! Still lower than Basile! Hahaha!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Again what's ur point? Pulev just beat Thompson, Ustinov and Dimitrenko in his last 3 fights and Abrel was a late replacement (1 weeks notice I think) so didn't have long to find anyone better. His competition has been a lot better then Furys if you are trying to make a comparison. I don't think Pulev is particularly good anyway. Him and Fury would be a good fight but like most potential fights probably won't happen. Doubt Fury will fight anyone with a pulse unless the money is big and right now that's only Haye and Klit, maybe Joshua or Price in a few years.
    Yeah! For 106 ranked Sherman Williams! Still lower than Basile! Hahaha!
    106? Where you seeing that? Boxrec? Again showing what a retard in if you take anything from their ranking system, particularly outside the top 10. I dont see any difference between Sherman and Basile. If they were to fight Id expect Williams to win. Williams would have been a good opponent for Tyson Fury at this stage, at least he can get through a few rounds.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give Fury a break, he has been messed about and knocked off track. I beleive Fury is mentally fragile and may have drinking and mental issues because he does tend to over react to situations like saying he is retired or fight every month. We need to see how he does again from step 1. He is still very young.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Give Fury a break, he has been messed about and knocked off track. I beleive Fury is mentally fragile and may have drinking and mental issues because he does tend to over react to situations like saying he is retired or fight every month. We need to see how he does again from step 1. He is still very young.
    I havent been overly critical here. Im just saying fighting a guy a strong wind will knock out wont do him any good. It wont shake any "cobwebs" or anything that people say as an excuse for taking an easy opponent. He does need a warm up fight but something where he will be made work a bit.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I havent been overly critical here. Im just saying fighting a guy a strong wind will knock out wont do him any good. It wont shake any "cobwebs" or anything that people say as an excuse for taking an easy opponent. He does need a warm up fight but something where he will be made work a bit.
    You obviously have no idea how the business side of boxing works. Tyson just needs to get out there and throw some punches.

Do you realise ow much the two comps they set up for Haye cost combined? Its reportedly cose to £100,000 for travel, accomodation, nutritionists, strength coaches, a team of top sparring partners.

If Pulev can drag out a lower ranked Sherman Wlliams without the excuse of being fucked about by Wladimir Klitschkos most dangerous opponent then its only fair that Fury gets this first fight out the way with whoever will take it for the money they want to pay for this level of fight, which is an undercard fight after all.

Soon enough you will all be eating crow and the forum will go very quiet as it does when people are made to look like no nothing idiots.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A guy that's been KO'd 7 times and has a reach of 74" to Fury's 85" reach... 3 inches taller and almost 1 foot reach against a glass jawed, plodder. Won't ever be close enough to have to employ any skill.

Christ... Why am I surprised?! Wondering when he'll be put in with somebody that actually makes him have to box.

("But pulav fought a shit fighter" oh... Well fury gets a pass then )

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You obviously have no idea how the business side of boxing works. Tyson just needs to get out there and throw some punches.

Do you realise ow much the two comps they set up for Haye cost combined? Its reportedly cose to £100,000 for travel, accomodation, nutritionists, strength coaches, a team of top sparring partners.

If Pulev can drag out a lower ranked Sherman Wlliams without the excuse of being fucked about by Wladimir Klitschkos most dangerous opponent then its only fair that Fury gets this first fight out the way with whoever will take it for the money they want to pay for this level of fight, which is an undercard fight after all.

Soon enough you will all be eating crow and the forum will go very quiet as it does when people are made to look like no nothing idiots.
    What will I eat crow for? All I have stated is that I dont rate Fury as a world class fighter, that I think Haye will beat him and that I think Wlad will beat him. I said I think Price is a better fighter and would have a close fight with Fury coming on strong if he makes it past 4 or 5. The only person setting himself up for crow is you because you are hyping way above a realistic target.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope he's not paying a penny for strength training or nutritionists... Have you seen training footage of him? Shuttle runs, planks (terrible form), press ups (terrible form) and horrific deadlifts obvioudly coached with no understanding of the biomechanics or purpose of the movement... REALLY micky mouse

He'd get better value for money training in a McGym with a barely qualified gym instructor

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post

I hope he's not paying a penny for strength training or nutritionists... Have you seen training footage of him? Shuttle runs, planks (terrible form), press ups (terrible form) and horrific deadlifts obvioudly coached with no understanding of the biomechanics or purpose of the movement... REALLY micky mouse

He'd get better value for money training in a McGym with a barely qualified gym instructor
    If that is all true then he must be getting by on his talent alone. Wait until he gets more professional.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's getting by on being a huge lummox fighting overmatched or smaller fighters.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's getting by on being a huge lummox fighting overmatched or smaller fighters.
    He fought an undefeated Chisora, it was not his fault the fighter comes in over weight.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It doesn't have to be his fault?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It doesn't have to be his fault?
    No but some people think he deliberately chose a fat fighter to beat after he had beaten him.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who? Not sure how that's relevant mate...

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who? Not sure how that's relevant mate...
    You have read some of the criticism Fury has faced? That was one of them that he beat an overweight and unmotivated Chisora. The point being Fury chose a undefeated fighter who represented a challenge and beat him.

Thread Information