Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is this the most exciting period of hw boxing ever?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: is this the most exciting period of hw boxing ever?

If Vitali wasn't Wlad's big brother we wouldn't have gone through years of shitness.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    ha, immense

but ill gladly accept your bait

quantity v quality?

we have gone from 1 dominating, this is when the quality was?

and since then there is no quality?

if I understand you correctly, Wlad is a higher quality than the names mention in the op?
    It’s by in large the same group of fighters acting the same way. The only difference is now they have access to belts they couldn’t get before because of Wlad. The moment Fury won the fight, the powers at be stripped him and started to threaten him. Why didn’t they do that with Wlad? I didn’t say there was none of anything. I said its a measure of quality over quantity. It’s going to look better that’s for sure IF these people fight. And Wlads not even out of the picture. He could beat Fury. The what? We hope he retires. Time will tell and I didn’t say Wlads quality was better or that he was. These guys for the most part could not solve the puzzle in 11 years. So if we are going to talk about quality….
    This division has an opportunity to right itself but I got this feeling because of what’s happening elsewhere that all we are going to see is a pose off.
    one of those fighters took the belts off wlad, so they could have accessed the belts at any time during the last 10 years

and wlad was at his best when that happened, he was coming off a couple of his best ever wins

wlad was shit, held more than he punched and got all the favours in the world when he fought, he generated so much money in Germany he could get away with so much in the ring, they did anything to keep him champion

so in my opinion the quality is much higher now than it has been at any time in the last 10 years, the only fighter that can really argue is Vitali
    And my point is that it appears more competitive because there is no Wlad. Good or bad nobody could solve the puzzle. Yes Fury did but lets put that fight where it belongs. It had the worst punch output in heavyweight championship history and Wlad looked like a deer in the headlights until the 12th round. Good for Fury but everyone saw what happened. Yes there is some new blood in Fury and Joshua and Ortiz but the overall quality is the same as it was. Shite. And when you add the protectionist fervor to the mix well it speaks for itself. The Wba has to do its own tourney to figure out who its real champion is.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    British heavyweight is exciting with Fury, AJ and Haye.

The overall standard is not as high as 70's or 90's but that is not a criticism.
    The potential is there with that group and add Ortiz but if I was a betting man I bet we don’t see any of them fighting each other. Fury would likely be the most willing of all the participants. You don’t need to risk anything. Look at Wilder. The system is set up to function on mediocrity. These kats can become millionaires and never fight a threat while calling themselves world champions.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Even if you discredit Ali's era, the mid to late 90's was certainly better?

Lennox
    Evander
    Bowe
    Tyson
    Golota
    Ruddock
    Bruno
    Tua
    Ike
    Mercer
    Briggs
    Moorer
    Morrison

Every single one of those guys, were they coming up now, would have people talking, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few contenders.
    Totally agree and you know nobody today would make the grade if they had to scrap that lot. I doubt anyone from the seventies makes it through either.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha, immense

quantity v quality?

if I understand you correctly, Wlad is a higher quality than the names mention in the op?
    It’s by in large the same group of fighters acting the same way. The only difference is now they have access to belts they couldn’t get before because of Wlad. The moment Fury won the fight, the powers at be stripped him and started to threaten him. Why didn’t they do that with Wlad? I didn’t say there was none of anything. I said its a measure of quality over quantity. It’s going to look better that’s for sure IF these people fight. And Wlads not even out of the picture. He could beat Fury. The what? We hope he retires. Time will tell and I didn’t say Wlads quality was better or that he was. These guys for the most part could not solve the puzzle in 11 years. So if we are going to talk about quality….
    This division has an opportunity to right itself but I got this feeling because of what’s happening elsewhere that all we are going to see is a pose off.
    one of those fighters took the belts off wlad, so they could have accessed the belts at any time during the last 10 years

and wlad was at his best when that happened, he was coming off a couple of his best ever wins

wlad was shit, held more than he punched and got all the favours in the world when he fought, he generated so much money in Germany he could get away with so much in the ring, they did anything to keep him champion

so in my opinion the quality is much higher now than it has been at any time in the last 10 years, the only fighter that can really argue is Vitali
    And my point is that it appears more competitive because there is no Wlad. Good or bad nobody could solve the puzzle. Yes Fury did but lets put that fight where it belongs. It had the worst punch output in heavyweight championship history and Wlad looked like a deer in the headlights until the 12th round. Good for Fury but everyone saw what happened. Yes there is some new blood in Fury and Joshua and Ortiz but the overall quality is the same as it was. Shite. And when you add the protectionist fervor to the mix well it speaks for itself. The Wba has to do its own tourney to figure out who its real champion is.
    fury solved the puzzle against wlad when wlad had just come off 2 of his best 4 ever wins, so you'd have to argue it was wlads peak in terms of results

that suggests that the quality is there today

for 10 years it was wlad and vitali that's it, now we have a few quality heavyweights, one of which is better than wlad at his peak

and punch output is irrelevant
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha, immense

quantity v quality?

fury solved the puzzle against wlad when wlad had just come off 2 of his best 4 ever wins, so you'd have to argue it was wlads peak in terms of results

for 10 years it was wlad and vitali that's it, now we have a few quality heavyweights, one of which is better than wlad at his peak

Why are you splitting hairs for when your responses are making my point?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are suggesting that wlads era was better than this because of wlad

I'm suggesting that that's not the case, not least because at least one heavyweight is better than wlad at his peak

our opinions seem different to me?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Mayweather does the same, he throws more effective punches per round than his opponent. He is boring for it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is different from wlad

wlad holds more than he punches, Floyd punches more than he holds

Floyd is boring but legitimate

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a legitimate dick.

Wlad is legitimate because he has unified belts, beaten the best challengers and record number of defences.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha, immense

quantity v quality?

I actually do agree with you here. It's a miracle!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha, immense

quantity v quality?

Wald best wins were Haye in 2011 and Alexander in 2013 Fury beat a 40 year old Wlad that is not a peak Wald i am sorry. No heavyweight champion has ever been peak at 40 i know you hated he was champ for so long but there no need to say such silly shit dude it is just nuts.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali - over rated
    Frazier - too small
    Foreman
    Holmes
    Norton - massively over rated
    Bugner - ?
    Ellis - id beat him
    Lyle - ?
    Young
    Shavers - just a punch

What a dumb, f*cking post. Especially following the first one.
    This guy can't be serious.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ali - over rated
    Frazier - too small
    Foreman
    Holmes
    Norton - massively over rated
    Bugner - ?
    Ellis - id beat him
    Lyle - ?
    Young
    Shavers - just a punch

What a dumb, f*cking post. Especially following the first one.
    This guy can't be serious.
    Eric started the thread as a piss take and is not serious about most things.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

He is a legitimate dick.

Wlad is legitimate because he has unified belts, beaten the best challengers and record number of defences.
    theres no doubt about it that Floyd is a dick, the dickish dick of all dicks

but he won by punching his opponent more than he got punched

wlad he unified the money so was allowed to cheat

Thread Information