Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest impact on return? Lewis, Tszyu or Tito?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Biggest impact on return? Lewis, Tszyu or Tito?

These three guys were arguably the top dogs in their divisions in the late nineties early 2000s. Which one, if they returned now would still have an impact.
    Im saying Tito at 160?
    Kostya at 147?
    Lewis at HW?
    My bet is Lewis would make the biggest impact and probably beat everyone but the Klitschkos.
    What u guys think?

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Biggest impact on return? Lewis, Tszyu or Tito?

Well I think the biggest return of those 3 would be Kostya as 147 is a deep division and there would be some interesting matchups.

Lennox Lewis wouldn't be a big return as he's been away for a long time.

Tito has already tried a comeback and it didn't go too well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Well I think the biggest return of those 3 would be Kostya as 147 is a deep division and there would be some interesting matchups.

Lennox Lewis wouldn't be a big return as he's been away for a long time.

Tito has already tried a comeback and it didn't go too well
    Yeah u have good points. Tito didnt exactly take on an easy opponent in Wright tho. I think he beats the majority of former 147 fighters by the same margin. I think Lewis could still have the skills to be a top 5 HW. Tszyu may be a little small for 147 at the moment, if he could manage 140 (which is near impossible) i think he beats everyone there but Hatton.

El Kabong Guest

Lewis can still punch and tie up....but he won't be as fast on the draw as he used to.

Zab Judah can get back in the game by getting a rematch with KT at 147 so it would be beneficial to Zab especially since he showed so much heart fighting Cotto......speaking of which a Cotto-Tszyu fight would be BRUTAL!!!

Trinidad is too big for 154 now and I think he COULD do something at 160 but he's planning on fighting RJJ, he'll be like a Puerto Rican James Toney at that weight(168-175)!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definately Lewis if he was serious about it and in shape. I think that all these guys could come back and make noise but Tito looked bad against Winky, he would have to improve on that performance for sure. Tszyus condition is the biggest question in his because we dont know what he will look like after all the wars and coming off a hard loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Definately Lewis if he was serious about it and in shape. I think that all these guys could come back and make noise but Tito looked bad against Winky, he would have to improve on that performance for sure. Tszyus condition is the biggest question in his because we dont know what he will look like after all the wars and coming off a hard loss.
    I think everyone is being a bit harsh on tito here. He was fighting a great bigger guy firing on all cylinders in Wright and got beaten easily. But there aren't too many guys out there who are as good as winky.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not harsh at all look at the numbers of punches landed for Tito in that fight...thats what he normally gets in a few rounds.

El Kabong Guest

Well it would be good for Tszyu to fight a guy like Gatti or Gomez or whoever and then fight a guy like Shane Mosley or Zab Judah for big bucks....it's a long shot but I'd like to see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not harsh at all look at the numbers of punches landed for Tito in that fight...thats what he normally gets in a few rounds.
    Sorry im not being critical. I mean he landed lots of ounches against guys who aren't nearly as good as wright. Everyones punch stats are down agaonst winky. But you are right Tito didnt look great.

El Kabong Guest

I think head hunters just can't do very well vs Wright....you have to work the body and if it means hitting him on the arms you have to do it.

Trinidad-Margarito....I would have loved to see that back in the day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu has recently asked on his fan forum who he should fight in a comeback.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Winky has a small torso or something because his arms arent all that long by measurments but it looks like his elbows go to his knees.Theres too many fights to pick from for a Tszyu comeback at welter, I would love to see a rematch with Hatton, or Judah. Maybe start by knocking out old Vince Phillips for the upset of the year revenge. He's still boxing I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think lewis would have the biggest impact if he cameback. only because he was a big name in boxing and the heavyweight division is wide open.

tito has already came back once and one boxing lesson sent him right back into retirement. he would definetly bring the fans but i can't see him doing anything meanful. a tito DLH fight would be good but thats it. PBF would jump right up to 160 to give him another boxing lesson and send him back into retirement.

kostya didn't really seem to be making that much of an impact in the years before his retirement so i doubt he would make a big impact if he came back. he has the potential but i just don't see it happing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Winky has a small torso or something because his arms arent all that long by measurments but it looks like his elbows go to his knees.Theres too many fights to pick from for a Tszyu comeback at welter, I would love to see a rematch with Hatton, or Judah. Maybe start by knocking out old Vince Phillips for the upset of the year revenge. He's still boxing I think.
    Yeah Vince is still fighting. Lost his last 3 fights to no names tho so i dont think Kt will be fighting him. I'd like Tszyu v Malignaggi as battle of the hardest names to spell right....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

KT would be of most interest but he is 38 in October and folks that means he is past it!!
    At 147 the only fight that may interest him if it happened this year is Mosley, he is 35 and doesn't have to many more options either.
    It would be great to see those two go at it in 2007!

Thread Information