Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mads Larsen comeback

According to several Medias in Denmark Mads Larsen is close to make a comeback after 3 years of fight inactivity due to injuries and legal issues with his former and likely future promoter Palle.

Larsen has suggested that he would like to challenge his former junior stable mate Mikkel Kessler after a few warm-up fights. When Larsen stopped boxing in late 2004 he was trained by Buddy McGirt and considered top 3 in SMW by most boxing organs – he was also the no. 1. Danish SMW in front of Kessler and Markussen.

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=005415

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mads Larsen comeback

Quote Originally Posted by 4YOU
    According to several Medias in Denmark Mads Larsen is close to make a comeback after 3 years of fight inactivity due to injuries and legal issues with his former and likely future promoter Palle.

Larsen has suggested that he would like to challenge his former junior stable mate Mikkel Kessler after a few warm-up fights. When Larsen stopped boxing in late 2004 he was trained by Buddy McGirt and considered top 3 in SMW by most boxing organs – he was also the no. 1. Danish SMW in front of Kessler and Markussen.
    Larsen is 33 now.
    As you say he's been inactive since 2004. Though rumours suggest he's been staying fit.

What are his chances of being competitive in SMW top-10 with say 2 warm-up fights?

If he can't be competitve at a top level within a few fights, i think he shouldn't bother.

Too bad a talent like larsen had his carreer derailed like that. But i think a substantial part of the blame is on himself.

He can't work with Palle anymore - so where's he gonna go to re-establish himself. Who'll want him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dumdane

Larsen is 33 now.
    As you say he's been inactive since 2004. Though rumours suggest he's been staying fit.

What are his chances of being competitive in SMW top-10 with say 2 warm-up fights?

If he can't be competitve at a top level within a few fights, i think he shouldn't bother.

Too bad a talent like larsen had his carreer derailed like that. But i think a substantial part of the blame is on himself.

He can't work with Palle anymore - so where's he gonna go to re-establish himself. Who'll want him?
    I mostly agree with you but IMO a motivated and fit Larsen would still be a potential top 2-5 SMW (and a threat to anyone due to his one-punch KO power) - he has the talent no doubt but also the power and technique. His most fragile part is his mind (and hands like Calzaghe).

I do think that Larsen and Palle will do work together again - too much potential money in a Kessler-Larsen fight to not to give it a try from Palle's side.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He can make some noise if he gets himself in shape and fights on a regular basis. If he did that, I would favor him over Calzaghe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a little proud that a small county with only five million inhabitants are able to rule the SMW as much as they do – Denmark is less than 1/3 of New Your and still it has 3 SMW in Top 3

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I am reading this right you are saying that the top 3 SMW are all Danes?... :P

AHAHAHAHAHA!

El Kabong Guest

And the top three danes have HORRIBLE tatoos....this is boxing not UFC guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree I see Kessler as one of the best if he dare to meet Joe in England I hope he will and he may prove to be the best.

Mads Larsen is a joke he wants boxe Freelance for Palle, kidding me why should the Promotor use money on a boxer with no prospect of making any kind of money of "his" fighter later on.

Larsen is history maybe he hould stay that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thewhale
    Agree I see Kessler as one of the best if he dare to meet Joe in England I hope he will and he may prove to be the best.

Mads Larsen is a joke he wants boxe Freelance for Palle, kidding me why should the Promotor use money on a boxer with no prospect of making any kind of money of "his" fighter later on.

Larsen is history maybe he should stay that way.

He might be history but at least he could easily end extremely hyped Lacy's career on the way out by blowing him back to gym :-D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thewhale

Larsen is history maybe he should stay that way.

He might be history but at least he could easily end extremely hyped Lacy's career on the way out by blowing him back to gym :-D

Hey Royal?
    "considered top 3 in SMW by most boxing organs"

Is that like some gay animal sex thing you have going on with your dog?

"He might be history but at least he could easily end extremely hyped Lacy's career on the way out by blowing him back to gym"

Why is it you HATE JL so much? Did he "touch" your dog?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Royal, please clear it up for me... are you saying that the top 3 SMW are all danes? did you say top 3 and mean top 10?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Royal, please clear it up for me... are you saying that the top 3 SMW are all danes? did you say top 3 and mean top 10?
    He meant to say that there are three Danes with very bad tatoos in the same division

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler is top 3 and most likely also Mads Larsen if he is fit for fight - Markussen is most likely top 10 when he is ready but for now only top 15 - sorry if I made myself unclear.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why does he have almost exactly the same Tattoos as kessler does?

have you only just seen 'Dusk till Dawn' in Denmark or something?...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why does he have almost exactly the same Tattoos as kessler does?

have you only just seen 'Dusk till Dawn' in Denmark or something?...

lol i saw that just the other night!! my stepdad was like its scary init ,.... and i was like NO lol
    its cos he from sunderland and he smokes ass
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Thread Information