Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Judah focused on training

http://www.secondsout.com/USA/news.cfm?ccs=229&cs=19057

Today "Sworn Enemies" promoter Don King and Zab "Super" Judah's father/trainer Yoel Judah answered questions on a media conference call. It was apparent from the beginning that three things were at work here; Zab Judah was not coming to the phone, "He's focused on training," said the elder Judah; Yoel Judah was not going to say anything other than that his son was going to destroy the Pound For Pound King Floyd "Pretty Boy" Mayweather, 35-0 (24), "Just be there," he kept repeating; and Don King kept insisting that it was going to be a great fight that Judah would win, "I will be surprised if he doesn't win the fight of the year." King went on to say, "Its attitude that will win for Zab, it's his desire."

Yoel announced that Zab, 34-3 (25), will "shut Floyd's big mouth." He added, "There's no hate, (but) Floyd pushed our buttons."

When asked if there was a lack of communication in the Baldomir fight between he and Zab. That Zab did not follow the good advice that Yoel was imparting between rounds, Yoel said, "It was no problem." Neither King nor Judah was willing to talk very much about the Baldomir fight, "That's the past. We're focused on Mayweather," said both men. But King added that the Baldomir fight did have a positive affect on Zab, "Because of the Baldomir fight Zab will be more focused," said King. "The Baldomir fight brought some sobriety to Zab." King said that there is no rematch clause between Zab and Baldomir, so if they both win their next fight-Baldomir defends his title against Arturo Gatti July 22nd in Atlantic City-there will probably not be a unification fight between them.

King, who is co-promoting with his rival, Bob Arum, said that the reason that they are fighting for Zab's IBF Welterweight title, instead of a vacant title, is because of the IBF's rules, "According to the IBF, Baldomir violated their rules by not attending a weigh-in," said King.

The fight is scheduled for April 8th at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, NV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Judah focused on training

Training isnt the problem, focus is. Zab can be in the best shape of nayone on the planet earth and he won't win if his minds not there. If Zab had focus he would do a lot better, it isnt a battle of training its a battle of minds and Zab is lacking in the focus department so he can train all he wants and he may win a few but if he isnt focused it will be another circle of the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    Training isnt the problem, focus is. Zab can be in the best shape of nayone on the planet earth and he won't win if his minds not there. If Zab had focus he would do a lot better, it isnt a battle of training its a battle of minds and Zab is lacking in the focus department so he can train all he wants and he may win a few but if he isnt focused it will be another circle of the same.

damn..................... how many pages did you have to go back to dig this up??

i got all excited thinking that there was a zab judah update or something

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Judah is still training isn't he? I heard he is going to have a tine up and then a title shot late 07. Hector Camazho jnr was a name being thrown about was it not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Well Judah is still training isn't he? I heard he is going to have a tine up and then a title shot late 07. Hector Camazho jnr was a name being thrown about was it not?

from what i understand, nobody has heard from zab in quite some time and he changed phone numbers (according to g. leon of boxingtalk.com) and i know that camacho jr's name was being thrown a while back, but i was under the impression that fight was supposed to take place in atlantic city in late 06 or early 07. i have yet to hear ANYTHING about what zab is up to from any boxing info source out there.

basiclly, hes kinda dropped off the face of the planet for the time being

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Posted on: Today

You obsessed or something?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do think it's slightly sad too. When I first came here,I had a real dislike of Judah,his big mouth and his over rated record and although I'm certainly no fan,but I'd like to see him back in the mix,would make for some interesting fights.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I do think it's slightly sad too. When I first came here,I had a real dislike of Judah,his big mouth and his over rated record and although I'm certainly no fan,but I'd like to see him back in the mix,would make for some interesting fights.
    i agree, i don't like him much, but personality dont matter jack when your in the ring, and thats what boxings all about, what happens in the ring to me. TBH tho i dont see anyone at WW for zab, hatton or witter and lw could happen tho...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Read the date! its old this was before the Floyd-Zab fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon

i think we all knew that, read the whole thread

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon

i think we all knew that, read the whole thread
    oooo sorry cheifs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

judahs focused? i also no how to fly

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Said it before and I'll say it again. He has the attention span of a 3 yr. old.

Thread Information