Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather to take Hatton bait

http://www.itv-boxing.com/News/Story...449823,00.html

Ricky Hatton's taunts may have had the desired effect and tempted Floyd Mayweather out of retirement.

After Hatton's stunning fourth-round stoppage of Jose Luis Castillo at the weekend, the IBO light welterweight champion challenged Mayweather to a multi-million-pound super-fight.

Both fighters are unbeaten, but Mayweather had previously insisted last month's victory over Oscar de la Hoya would be his final bout.

Now, Mayweather's adviser Leonard Ellerbe claims Hatton's jibes have paid off.

"He got Floyd's attention. Now we're calling his bluff," Ellerbe told the New York Daily News.

"All he has to do is make a deal and he'll have his chance to back up all that talk. All that's standing between him and Floyd is air and opportunity.

"We can make the deal this week. He's very, very disrespectful. He's trying to promote himself off Floyd's name.

"When we make the deal, we'll show the world why he's the most overrated fighter of this decade.

"Floyd has never taken any fight personally. But he's taking this personally. Floyd is going to kick his butt."

Ellerbe revealed Mayweather was far from impressed by Hatton's performance against Castillo at the Thomas and Mack Center, Las Vegas.

He said: "He said he only wants to fight the best - then sign the contract. Floyd's going to show all his fans in Britain just what a phoney he is."

I swear, if this happens, I may just shit my pants with excitement. Plus, I'd go out on a limb and pick Hatton for the win. I know it's against the odds, but I really believe in him. No point being a fan if you can't keep the faith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather to take Hatton bait

Any fight that keeps floyd in the ring is a good one. It's gonna be interesting to see if it really happens tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It might still be a long way off, but if it does come off then Hatton wins this fight, he's got all the tools to break Floyd into pieces.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm shoutin for Ricky as always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn

Ricky Hatton's taunts may have had the desired effect and tempted Floyd Mayweather out of retirement.

After Hatton's stunning fourth-round stoppage of Jose Luis Castillo at the weekend, the IBO light welterweight champion challenged Mayweather to a multi-million-pound super-fight.

Both fighters are unbeaten, but Mayweather had previously insisted last month's victory over Oscar de la Hoya would be his final bout.

"He got Floyd's attention. Now we're calling his bluff," Ellerbe told the New York Daily News.

"All he has to do is make a deal and he'll have his chance to back up all that talk. All that's standing between him and Floyd is air and opportunity.

"We can make the deal this week. He's very, very disrespectful. He's trying to promote himself off Floyd's name.

"When we make the deal, we'll show the world why he's the most overrated fighter of this decade.

"Floyd has never taken any fight personally. But he's taking this personally. Floyd is going to kick his butt."

Ellerbe revealed Mayweather was far from impressed by Hatton's performance against Castillo at the Thomas and Mack Center, Las Vegas.

He said: "He said he only wants to fight the best - then sign the contract. Floyd's going to show all his fans in Britain just what a phoney he is."

I swear, if this happens, I may just S*** my pants with excitement. Plus, I'd go out on a limb and pick Hatton for the win. I know it's against the odds, but I really believe in him. No point being a fan if you can't keep the faith.
    he took the bait indeed... everyone knows hatton is a respectfull man and thinks highly of mayweather and thats indeed why he wants to fight him..

glad mayweather dont know that... or maybe he does, mayweather is great at selling fights... and i will always be a fan of his now since he wanted a fight w/ DLH again and DLH turned him down.. that would be a VERY DANGEROUS rematch for PBF that he didnt have to take but he is the one that challenged... major props to mayweather

hattons pressure will affect PBF more than what people think...

i hope hatton floors him w/ a body shot to finally shut the haters up..

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if Mayweather is the very best p4p then Hatton should fight him , and even if he looses badly wots the shame in that
    Hatton has nothing to loose at all , and if he could win then wow name your price
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton feel's this is a winnable fight, he has wanted this fight for a while now regardless of what people believe. If he prepared that hard for Castillo, i cant wait to see him prepare for mayweather.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you're a hatton fan you gotta belive in your boy..and you'll have tons of people with you. Most people are fans of whoever pbf fights cause they don't care if hatton, cotto whoever wins they just want pbf to loose so bad !! I give the current flavor of the month cotto a better chance than hatton but i don't see either of them winning...but the one good thing about boxing is anybody that get's in there has a chance....well sorta.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So many people feel its a winnable fight... until they get in the ring. I can't believe Hatton said his fight with Castillo was more exciting than Mayweather's whole career... he's turning into a douche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    So many people feel its a winnable fight... until they get in the ring. I can't believe Hatton said his fight with Castillo was more exciting than Mayweather's whole career... he's turning into a douche.
    I don't think he meant that for anything else than to coax Floyd onto the mat.

He knows that a handful of good fights don't top him over Floyd...Floyd is just the man to beat & he needs to get into the ring with him to acquire greatness...I aint ever seen Floyd's wife/gal friend...but if I wanted to fight Floyd...I'd say I stooped the bride if that's what it took to get him to sign a contract.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd's hitched?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wont this to happen desperately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i thought this moment had passed! Will be VERY VERY excited if it comes off tho....Mayweather will outbox Ricky though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can almost guarantee that once this fight is made, Hatton will show nothing but respect for Mayweather. The fact is, he had to do something to get him in the ring, and if the odd sly remark helped him to do so, then I'm sure he did it as a means to an end as opposed to actually believing it. Hatton is undeniably a class act and apart from Witter, I don't believe he really dislikes anybody tbh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn

I swear, if this happens, I may just S*** my pants with excitement. Plus, I'd go out on a limb and pick Hatton for the win. I know it's against the odds, but I really believe in him. No point being a fan if you can't keep the faith.
    I've stocked up on toilet paper myself!!

Thread Information