Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Big Benn tells Big Joe to cross the sea!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Big Benn tells Big Joe to cross the sea!

"When there are millions of dollars at stake you can't play around, there's always someone around the corner waiting to pull you down.

"I remember being offered $3million early in 1989 to fight Michael Nunn, which was an insane ammount for a British boxer back then and for me back then, but my manager at the time Ambrose Mendy turned it down and said he wanted to wait until the offer was $5million.

"I made peanuts over there (USA) compared to what I made in Britain, but I could have made millions more over there against the old legends of the 80's (Leonard, Hearns or Duran) if I hadn't lost against (Michael) Watson or (Chris) Eubank.

"Joe is in an awesome position right now and he simply cannot hang around at home waiting for some mandatory contender to come along and cause an upset. It would be a travesty for him after so many years of frustration, and also personal trouble that I can relate to.

"There are millions of dollars out there for him to grab right now, this minute. He wants to go over right now."

... I agree with Nige!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Big Benn tells Big Joe to cross the sea!

I agree to a certain extent - but I also think hes the champion so if the Americans want him they should come to him.

ICB Guest

Yep Nigel had balls to fight hard hitting Iran Barkley in Usa and few others Joe should do same.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why does he have to fight in America if he doesn't want to?

Why would he give-up home advantage when HBO are screening his fight's live in the States and he can sell 35,000 tickets?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

Why would he give-up home advantage when HBO are screening his fight's live in the States and he can sell 35,000 tickets?
    Because he fights bums over here and yanks don't come over here not big ones anyway so you gotta take risk i don't see why Joe is only fighter that doesn't have to do it Nigel took risk and payed off for him so why don't Joe ??

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Because he fights bums over here and yanks don't come over here not big ones anyway so you gotta take risk i don't see why Joe is only fighter that doesn't have to do it Nigel took risk and payed off for him so why don't Joe ??
    He's fought 42 bums?

Benn lost to Watson and had to rebuild his career.

So why don't the big Americans leave their backyard?

ICB Guest

He's fought 42 bums?

I didn't say he has fought 42 bums i said he fights alot of bums over here and reason why they don't come over here well i don't actually know to be honest mate lol but Taylor had good reason that offer was absolute garbage i wouldn't of accepted it either maybe because you get more exposure over in Usa i don't really know to be honest.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's fought 42 bums?

I didn't say he has fought 42 bums i said he fights alot of bums over here and reason why they don't come over here well i don't actually know to be honest mate lol but Taylor had good reason that offer was absolute garbage i wouldn't of accepted it either maybe because you get more exposure over in Usa i don't really know to be honest.
    Every top class fighters record is littered with guys certain people will perceive as "bums"...doesn't matter where you come from.

Home advantage can be a huge factor in boxing. If a top P4P champion that can draw huge crowds, world wide TV audiences and doesn't have/want/need to leave home for the money then he shoudn't be expected too, right?

Has Taylor refused the offer yet? FW is far far from being stupid. Seeing as everyones an expert on promoting all of a sudden maybe there's an ulterior motive behind it

ICB Guest

He's fought 42 bums?

Every top class fighters record is littered with guys certain people will perceive as "bums"...doesn't matter where you come from.

Home advantage can be a huge factor in boxing. If a top P4P champion that can draw huge crowds, world wide TV audiences and doesn't have/want/need to leave home for the money then he shoudn't be expected too, right?

Has Taylor refused the offer yet? FW is far far from being stupid. Seeing as everyones an expert on promoting all of a sudden maybe there's an ulterior motive behind it
    To be honest Warren talks alot but don't actually get big fights thats impression i got anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benn > Warren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imagine if his hand goes against Inkin and he loses one-handed..

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's fought 42 bums?

Because they don't have to, the big names/money is overthere, JC isn't bigger than boxing, maybe FW thinks he is.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know the O2 dome (former Millenium) in London has been pencilled in for July but he HAS to go stateside if he wants the recognition he tells us all he craves (i'm not so sure he's that bothered anymore),I feel he just wants to earn serious money and get out with his record intact.
    Would be criminal with a record like his to go the Ottke way

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree but it's been coming. I think Hatton would have been steered the same way. (Still think Castillo is past his best )

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll never fight in the States, not now.

He doesn't have or need to. Thats the whole point of selling 35,000 tickets to beat-up a sacrificial lamb live on HBO.

Thread Information