Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nicolay Valuev wants to be champ again ....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nicolay Valuev wants to be champ again ....

As you may already know if not then former WBA Heavyweight champion of the world Nikolay Valuev will return to the ring in his first fight since losing his title to Ruslan Chagaev by Majority Decision.

The 7ft 1ins Valuev returns on September the 29th as he takes on Jean-Francois Bergeron.

Valuev (46-1, 34KOS) said "I want to be world champion again. I have learned from the first loss of my career. I now have something to prove and the fight against Bergeron will be the first step."

Canadian Bergeron is a 34 yr old southpaw who is undefeated in 27 contests with 19 stoppage wins.

Valuev added "It will be an interesting fight but i will prevail"

Any thoughts on this fight and can he make it to the top again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nicolay Valuev wants to be champ again ....

...yea him and every other heaveyweght. It was pretty amazing how big he is but that wore off, and it was kinda cool watching to see if he was going to get the record, but without all the antics I really don't care too much for nicolay. The way the heavyweight division is right now i think it is possible for him to get one of the belts again though.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the best thing about watching him fight is how he steps over the top rope to get into the ring ,after that he is a dissapointment. He is big but he just has nothing to offer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    ...yea him and every other heaveyweght. It was pretty amazing how big he is but that wore off, and it was kinda cool watching to see if he was going to get the record, but without all the antics I really don't care too much for nicolay. The way the heavyweight division is right now i think it is possible for him to get one of the belts again though.
    there was nothing cool about him even coming close to getting that record, it made me fucking sick every time i see him win and close in on int whislt avoiding anyone fucking decent...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Landon
    I think the best thing about watching him fight is how he steps over the top rope to get into the ring ,after that he is a dissapointment. He is big but he just has nothing to offer.
    Ha ha, you know my mate was watching one of his fights with me and when he asked if he was any good I said "no, but watch how he gets into the ring"

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure what to think about this canadian kid he's fighting though. Although he's undefeated, there's no names or titles of interest on his record, so its hard to judge him, so has anyone ever seen him fight?

At 6'5" he's a fairly good height and closer to Valuev in height than little Ruslan Chagaev. If he's serious about his boxing, this Bergeron fella will be looking at this as a massive chance to burst on the world scene, and his motivation should at least push him to try and do something, and he's got a fair record of KOs too.

I still quite like Valuev, although he's huge, I tend to look at him as someone with a crippling condition, and want to see him do well to keep for later years, as his size will obviously give him problems going into later life.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Not sure what to think about this canadian kid he's fighting though. Although he's undefeated, there's no names or titles of interest on his record, so its hard to judge him, so has anyone ever seen him fight?

At 6'5" he's a fairly good height and closer to Valuev in height than little Ruslan Chagaev. If he's serious about his boxing, this Bergeron fella will be looking at this as a massive chance to burst on the world scene, and his motivation should at least push him to try and do something, and he's got a fair record of KOs too.

I still quite like Valuev, although he's huge, I tend to look at him as someone with a crippling condition, and want to see him do well to keep for later years, as his size will obviously give him problems going into later life.
    I'm a bit embaressed to admit that I have seen Bergeron, actually... I live in Canada and like many here will watch any fight that's on when Im watching TV for the most part. He sucks, big time. He's completely shit, take my word for it. No need to be interested in this.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking

I'm a bit embaressed to admit that I have seen Bergeron, actually... I live in Canada and like many here will watch any fight that's on when Im watching TV for the most part. He sucks, big time. He's completely S***, take my word for it. No need to be interested in this.
    Well, I guess that explains why Valuev is fighting someone with a '0' in the defeats column. But is he too s**t to give Valuev a challenge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course he does...Who doesnt want to be the champ?...Especially after knowing what it feels like.....

If some how by Magic.....Valuev developed a strong jab and a decent 1,,2,,combo he would be amazing......Have the ability to beat almost anyone......
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a bit embaressed to admit that I have seen Bergeron, actually... I live in Canada and like many here will watch any fight that's on when Im watching TV for the most part. He sucks, big time. He's completely shit, take my word for it. No need to be interested in this.
    This is also Bergeron's first 12 rounder.
    Bergeron will be giving up about 100 lbs

Look at this robot how low his arms are!!

[youtube=425,350]MtxaHu2V9O4[/youtube]

1st round KO for Valuev comin right up.............
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

I'm a bit embaressed to admit that I have seen Bergeron, actually... I live in Canada and like many here will watch any fight that's on when Im watching TV for the most part. He sucks, big time. He's completely S***, take my word for it. No need to be interested in this.

Your not kidding there....Though they show him knocing this guy out he does not look like much in the pwoer dept either....A bit out of shape no?
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Your not kidding there....Though they show him knocing this guy out he does not look like much in the pwoer dept either....A bit out of shape no?
    I'm putting the over/under at 0.5 rounds............
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All in on the under please Greg.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    That's what I thought.

Nice to see Valuev back. The novelty has worn off but he adds more interest to the division.

Thread Information