Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roy Jones Jr not Happy with Fans, Wants Joe Calzaghe at 60/40 Spilt to Winner

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Roy Jones Jr not Happy with Fans, Wants Joe Calzaghe at 60/40 Spilt to Winner

Roy Jones Jr wants to fight Joe Calzaghe in July and he's even willing to go over to the U.K. and fight Calzaghe on his home turf. Roy Jones Jr. told the BBC last week that he is willing to take a 60/40 split in favor of the winner. Jones Jr. also told the BBC he wasn't happy to hear British Fans boo the American National Anthem when Calzaghe faced Peter Manfredo Jr earlier this month.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/DHB0417a07.htm

Thoughts ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones Jr not Happy with Fans, Wants Joe Calzaghe at 60/40 Spilt to Winner

my thoughts is im sick of joe c. not picking an opponent and just making it official. either pick RJJ or Kessler and commit to it PERIOD.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Roy Jones Jr not Happy with Fans, Wants Joe Calzaghe at 60/40 Spilt to Winne

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    my thoughts is im sick of joe c. not picking an opponent and just making it official. either pick RJJ or Kessler and commit to it PERIOD.

I think thats quite fair whoever wins gets 60 whoever loses gets 40 thats fair enough imo and he is willing to go to Uk aswell i would accept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones Jr not Happy with Fans, Wants Joe Calzaghe at 60/40 Spilt to Winne

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

I think thats quite fair whoever wins gets 60 whoever loses gets 40 thats fair enough imo and he is willing to go to Uk aswell i would accept.
    plus RJJ would give him a bigger pay day than kessler right?

ICB Guest

Yep most definitely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones Jr not Happy with Fans, Wants Joe Calzaghe at 60/40 Spilt to Winner

i would seriously go to the UK for this! i get free hotel rooms there so why not right? how much is a flight?

ICB Guest

After Roy Jones fight he can take Kessler if Calzaghe wins then follow it up with one more name and he will have good legacy just accept it Warren don't rob the fans again

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep most definitely.
    But fight is better for the sport, Jones is finished... Calzaghe ain't no Ajamu.

Calzaghe/ Kessler would be a more competitive fight & I feel the payday would be just as big if not bigger!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i just pray that more fat refs jump in and waive off too early

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones is shot if hes confident why not accept a 75% for the winner and 25% for the loser. Jones has no chance its a total mismatch hes shot

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76

Yep most definitely.
    But fight is better for the sport, Jones is finished... Calzaghe ain't no Ajamu.

Calzaghe/ Kessler would be a more competitive fight & I feel the payday would be just as big if not bigger!
    Yes but Kessler isn't accepting yet so Calzaghe can take Jones and his name will be even bigger and that will only make Kessler vs Calzaghe even bigger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SEANIE

Jones is shot if hes confident why not accept a 75% for the winner and 25% for the loser. Jones has no chance its a total mismatch hes shot
    anyone who would not accept that would seriously think they would lose then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As long as he fights Jones,Kessler,Taylor or Froch im happy Winky and Hopkins don't appeal to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this was how they did it back in the olden days....it made for better fights....it would still make for better fights...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i just pray that more fat refs jump in and waive off too early
    I woiuld bet my paycheck thats going to happen if he goes to England. Roy has a bad habbit of laying on the ropes now days. So I say he will lay on the ropes and Joe will start slapping like a girl and the ref will step in.

Thread Information