Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arum's thoughts MMA, Mayweather, De La Hoya

"Their presentation and promotion is very good and they spend millions and millions of dollars on advertising," Arum said. "And their product stinks. It's just awful. Most of their participants come from wrestling, or karate backgrounds, and are just terrible boxers.

Arum does not blame the UFC and mixed martial arts for the decline in boxing. He blames fighters like Oscar De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Winky Wright, fighters who Arum says are more concerned with making a dollar instead of fighting.

He also noted that networks like HBO and Showtime have to take some of the blame as well.

"Our presentation has sucked," Arum said. "For 30 years now, we've become like a studio sport because of the insistence of the TV networks like HBO and Showtime and ESPN not to play loud music between rounds because it would interfere with the priceless words being uttered by their announcers."

"Their guys can't take a punch. They're wrestlers not accustomed to getting hit on the chin. Look what happened last week when their so-called champion (Chuck Liddell) got knocked out in less than a round. And that by a guy who can't even box well.

"There is no doubt we have a better product. We just have to present it better. And our top fighters have to be committed to fighting in an entertaining manner."

Agree with the Bobfather?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arum's thoughts MMA, Mayweather, De La Hoya

Not entirely..

But if i enterpret what he says and think of his fighters he is right..

He has the Pac's and the Cotto's and when you go to a top rank show you tend to get a good fight..
    So yea i suppose he is right about himself..Hes a little harsh on the competition but i can agree that he has great fighters and hes an excellent match maker..

I mean look at next weekend.. Its cotto - Judah he gets exiciting fighters exciting fights.. Fair play to him!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arum's thoughts MMA, Mayweather, De La Hoya

I think its a pretty typical ignorant statement by Arum....Its not boxing so why is he judging it based soley on punching....To say the product stinks is garbage as well. MMA fans enjoy all aspects of combat sports not just punching and its enjoying immense popularity...apparently a large number of people like the prodcut
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information