Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I scored Chisora vs. Vitali a DRAW

Had Chisora winning 6 rounds, as did my Brother. Watched it very carefully, and there were many close rounds, but I ultimately came up with Chisora taking 6 of the 12 rounds. It was a bit like the Larry Holmes vs. Evander Holyfield fight, the underdog didn't win, but he fought to a draw on my card.

Vitali did NOT use his jab (possibly due to injury), he laid on the ropes a lot, and did not clinch nearly as much as usual. Thus, he got pressured and outworked in the rounds I scored for Chisora.

I have no problem with Vitali winning 115-113 or even 116-112 as many of the rounds were very close. But, I felt he commentators were extremely bias towards Vitali, with the exception of Freddie Roach. Fat Dan was all over Vitali's nuts and blind to any success Chisora was having.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I scored Chisora vs. Vitali a DRAW

everyone I have talked to thought Vitali won a vast majority of the rounds. The rounds were competitive but Chisora didn't do enough in alot of the rounds.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I had Vitali ahead by about 3/4 rounds, what ever that equates too.. Our British team scored it fairly.

The WBC not announcing the scores when they were supposed to (the 2nd time around) was a bit dubious...
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Had Chisora winning 6 rounds, as did my Brother. Watched it very carefully, and there were many close rounds, but I ultimately came up with Chisora taking 6 of the 12 rounds. It was a bit like the Larry Holmes vs. Evander Holyfield fight, the underdog didn't win, but he fought to a draw on my card.

Vitali did NOT use his jab (possibly due to injury), he laid on the ropes a lot, and did not clinch nearly as much as usual. Thus, he got pressured and outworked in the rounds I scored for Chisora.

I have no problem with Vitali winning 115-113 or even 116-112 as many of the rounds were very close. But, I felt he commentators were extremely bias towards Vitali, with the exception of Freddie Roach. Fat Dan was all over Vitali's nuts and blind to any success Chisora was having.
    Good for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Good for you
    there is alot of american boxing writers that scored the fight 8-4 or 9-3 for Vitali. That seemed to be the consensus on twitter. Rafael's 10-2 card was a bit much.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I felt it was pretty close. I seem to remember rounds 5,6 and 7 Chisora seemed to be pushing Vitali back all the time and I expected the scores to have closed right up after 8.

Vitali won, he landed the more accurate shots, and more of them, but he didn't look impressive and Chisora came out of the fight looking absolutely like a top 10 fighter.

I'd love to see Chisora vs Haye.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Good for you
    there is alot of american boxing writers that scored the fight 8-4 or 9-3 for Vitali. That seemed to be the consensus on twitter. Rafael's 10-2 card was a bit much.
    8-4 is okay with me. But, anything more I think is a bit crazy, def short selling Chisora.

I'd also like to say I thought Chisora behaved like a complete punk and cunt before the fight and the Klitschko Brothers showed class and behaved like gentleman.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it something like Vitali 9-3 in rounds, and that's being generous to Chisora who wasn't landing many effective punches.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali landed more punches in every round

Its one of those fights where the guy winning the fight is so negative and unwilling to have a fight it becomes annoying so you are willing the other guy to win

Scoring then becomes bias

I wanted chisora to win before the fight, the negative appraoch by vitali during the fight made me want chisora to win even more

If i am honest 10-2 to vitali is a lot more realistic than 6-6
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it Vitali by a couple of rounds...Chisora did very well, Vitali looked gassed and looked a little jadded...also noticed Vitali is getting faint white hairs...maybe Vitali is coming to the end of his reign....but Chisora needs to cool is antics, way over the line...shown himself up and there is no need to show disrespect the way he did...shame on him

looking forward to the Haye v Chisora fight...it should be a roller coaster ride

job biscuit (can't wait)!!!

eh eh!!!

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish you and your brother were among the official judges my Mrs would have made a tidy return on her 50/1 bet.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 9-3 vitali, while I'm sure I could possibly find a fourth round to give to chisora I don't think the fight was close in the least and I think draw you're probably stretching and clawing in imaginary land...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 115-113 Vitali. Close fight and Vitali looked bad in there. He seemed to be slapping alot of his punches . He doesn't look as strong as 2 years ago

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It turns out Vitali suffered the same injury to his left shoulder he had in the Chris Byrd fight. I still had winning by a wide margin. Hulk, this is one of the more ridiculous posts, you've had in a while, bud.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    It turns out Vitali suffered the same injury to his left shoulder he had in the Chris Byrd fight. I still had winning by a wide margin. Hulk, this is one of the more ridiculous posts, you've had in a while, bud.

If that is true vitali should hang em up, I mean his bodys been breaking down for a while, surprised he hasn't been injured since his return.

Thread Information