Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: world war two

Churchill was certainly a hero. Would we rather have had Hitler being the hero. Anyone who participated in the destruction of the Nazi regime performed a heroic act. Yes, at one point Churchill referred to Adolf as a great leader but Hitler was portraying himself as something different to his people and the world at the time. Hitler was evil. But that mustache was cool, and he was a great public speaker. And Ava Braun was hot, has @Bill Paxtom quoted Braun yet

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bwahahaha. This is why it is funny that some historians are acceptable and others are not. The whole Putin against the West routine shows how we rig viewpoints daily, in terms of history it is much the same. We sweep under the rug the true nature of our own systems and distort others. No Conservative has ever been a hero and the British public said as much by booting the bloated old death merchant out at the end of the war. People had more backbone and sense in those days. Hitler was a junkie madman and Churchill was an alcoholic madman. The heroes were the working classes. Never the political elite who really sacrificed nothing.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 06-11-2015 at 05:03 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Bwahahaha. This is why it is funny that some historians are acceptable and others are not. The whole Putin against the West routine shows how we rig viewpoints daily, in terms of history it is much the same. We sweep under the rug the true nature of our own systems and distort others. No Conservative has ever been a hero and the British public said as much by booting the bloated old death merchant out at the end of the war. People had more backbone and sense in those days. Hitler was a junkie madman and Churchill was an alcoholic madman. The heroes were the working classes. Never the political elite who really sacrificed nothing.

Do you realize Putin is estimated to be worth 200 billion, Miles? Care to explain why, or how that is acceptable considering the economic landscape of Russia? Shit man, I'm a sensitive, anti war type, the Dresden bombing for instance makes me cringe and highly question all the praise Churchill gets, but you can't honestly compare him with Hitler as if it's just a matter of perspective. Fact is he, or someone like him, was completely necessary for Britain in those days.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True that Putin is obscenely wealthy and I am against all that and wont argue otherwise. I just think things like not promoting alcohol to adults and homosexuality to kids is a sign of progress. Those things are cool. I also didnt know that North Korea has no central banking system. Or that Germans are against obscene property prices. Kind of cool. It doesnt mean that I want to be there or like the bad things these nations do. Churchill was just a PM. He ordered people to die and was a war criminal. I think there are ways to do things and genocide is never cool. Britain could have won without Churchill. Churchill himself was a massive fan of genocide practitioners too. Well dodgy.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles is an excellent example of man's endless ability of self delusion. That which I think, must be true and no room for error exists in my beliefs. I should have done my dissertation on Miles, I could have brought him in for show and tell.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And you chaps have followed the propaganda hook, line and sinker. It is not delusion to call a war criminal a war criminal and not at all a hero. Saying otherwise is the delusion. All this Churchill good but Hitler bad talk is the delusion.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And you chaps have followed the propaganda hook, line and sinker. It is not delusion to call a war criminal a war criminal and not at all a hero. Saying otherwise is the delusion. All this Churchill good but Hitler bad talk is the delusion.
    Yup, you won that one, saying Hitler was bad is very delusional, I'm must be crazy. As far as saying pure goodness in any world leader I have not seen other than George W Bush. But if you want to take the side that Hitler was good, you go with your bad self. We have a few prison gangs in the US that would accept you with open arms and buttcheeks

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yup, you won that one, saying Hitler was bad is very delusional, I'm must be crazy. As far as saying pure goodness in any world leader I have not seen other than George W Bush. But if you want to take the side that Hitler was good, you go with your bad self. We have a few prison gangs in the US that would accept you with open arms and buttcheeks
    What a ridiculous post. Do you have an inability to comprehend? Genocidal maniac = Genocidal maniac. It is a simple equation. Let it compute. On the topic of Churchill, I had no idea his grandchildren are also extremely dodgy too and make money from being Tories and leaders of despicable corporations that really shouldn't be allowed to exist. I guess it runs in the family. A good thing that Hitler had the sense not spread his seed of evil in such a wanton way.

Are you drinking again, Walrus?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    What a ridiculous post. Do you have an inability to comprehend? Genocidal maniac = Genocidal maniac. It is a simple equation. Let it compute. On the topic of Churchill, I had no idea his grandchildren are also extremely dodgy too and make money from being Tories and leaders of despicable corporations that really shouldn't be allowed to exist. I guess it runs in the family. A good thing that Hitler had the sense not spread his seed of evil in such a wanton way.

Are you drinking again, Walrus?
    yes heavily and you are starting to look cute

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop it, Walrus. We are not getting any younger and we know it isn't good for our bodies or posting.

All I say is that Churchill was a bad mofo and so was Hitler. I don't prefer any of them, I reject them both. I don't like any systems of power and only see the relative positives and negatives within those systems. The British empire or the Nazi one? The negatives were really very, very similar. For ordinary Germans living under the Nazi's I am sure it wasn't much different to how the US or Britain is being run then or today. It's easy to think life is okay when the bad stuff isn't happening to you. What about around the world in our name though? We try to ignore that. I don't like any system where injustice takes place. Don't forget that the British media and politicians were applauding Hitlers invasion of Czechoslovakia. Can you imagine that? It's only when he wasn't in our interests that he became a problem. Hitler wouldn't play the game, but really he was copying the British and Americans at every level. All I say is that all were morally wrong and it is hypocrisy to argue otherwise. Same with this whole Putin demonisation. I don't see Putin toppling nation after nation myself. Yet HE is the bad guy? There must be a lot of flouride in the water in those parts of the world.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

Do you realize Putin is estimated to be worth 200 billion, Miles? Care to explain why, or how that is acceptable considering the economic landscape of Russia? Shit man, I'm a sensitive, anti war type, the Dresden bombing for instance makes me cringe and highly question all the praise Churchill gets, but you can't honestly compare him with Hitler as if it's just a matter of perspective. Fact is he, or someone like him, was completely necessary for Britain in those days.
    I have no problem with the bombing of Dresden. Gotta send a message some how

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

People left other cities and towns to come to Dresden because there was no factories there. They bombed it anyway and killed thousands of women and children. This was a war crime.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

People left other cities and towns to come to Dresden because there was no factories there. They bombed it anyway and killed thousands of women and children. This was a war crime.
    War is war. There is no such thing as a war crime. It's one side vs the other side. You do what you can to destroy the other side.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, the fire bombing of German cities was horrible. I can see why looking back now we would call it a war crime but unfortunately it was the rule of warfare during the age. Germany could have surrendered and saved hundreds of thousands but Hitler wanted to punish Germany for losing the war. The war would not have ended without the carpet bombing. I think a total of 70 million died in WW 2 the majority being civilians. Germany had no qualms of marching into a country and killing millions. Unfortunately the only way they could be stopped was total annihilation. God, what a horrible war.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The same is said of the atomic bombs in Japan. That they saved millions of lives.

Thread Information