Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao vs Rios

Brandon Rios ready to move up, looks for Pacquiao - USATODAY.com

Pacquiao a Tough Salamabitch - Rios - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

I'd love to see this!!!!

Is it a credible match-up I think yes, Rios is physically bigger than PAC if it happens next year Rios at 26 would be close to his prime. Rios is no coward that's for sure, young and destructive. Hopefully this happens next after the Marquez fight. Wohoooooooooooooo!!!
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao vs Rios

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post

Pacquiao a Tough Salamabitch - Rios - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

I'd love to see this!!!!

Is it a credible match-up I think yes, Rios is physically bigger than PAC if it happens next year Rios at 26 would be close to his prime. Rios is no coward that's for sure, young and destructive. Hopefully this happens next after the Marquez fight. Wohoooooooooooooo!!!
    Are you insane?

You want this over the Mayweather fight? Pacquiao is getting shit for his opponents already how bad will it look if he fights another Lightweight whose best win is Miguel Acosta. I'm as big on Rios as anyone, but this would be a joke of a fight right now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

I'd love to see this!!!!

Are you insane?

You want this over the Mayweather fight? Pacquiao is getting shit for his opponents already how bad will it look if he fights another Lightweight whose best win is Miguel Acosta. I'm as big on Rios as anyone, but this would be a joke of a fight right now.

A joke of a fight is a bit harsh. Rios is a tough ask for anybody and at 25 and completely unbeaten is the kind of fighter Floyd, Manny et al have long been accused of avoiding on their way to the top.

Stoppage wins over Antillon, Acosta and Anthony Peterson (well DQ but that was deliberate as he was being dominated) is a prettydamn impressive resume for a young kid on the rise.

Clearly we all want Manny vs Mayweather, but if this fight doesn't happen there are much worse fights to be made than this.

Personally though I'd rather see Rios at junior welter in the Bradley, Khan, Judah, Alexander, Matthyse, Guerreo mix.

That division is looking very very nice lately.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hype. The death on many a fine but rushed to market young fighter. Have we forgotten how to let a fighter develope?! He ain't ready for Manny...not today...not tomorrow...he ain't ready. I think he fights a softish high exposure touch, Barrera, and then moves up to 140. Annnnnd breathe 1,2,3...

ICB Guest

I'd love to see this!!!!

After JMM beat's Manny Pacquiao a 3rd time, i don't think Rios will be interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

I'd love to see this!!!!

After JMM beat's Manny Pacquiao a 3rd time, i don't think Rios will be interested.
    omg you too ice i thought it's only VD
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez will get stopped if he faces Pac again imo.

He's been floored by Casamayor, Diaz and Katsidis since last facing Manny. He's on the slide and gets busted up big time imo.

I'd pick Khan, Rios, Gurrero and Bradley to all beat him at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see this!!!!

i think this is the only PAC fight of recent(JMM) that I will not be having panic attacks, it's in the bag. It's a disappointment though if PAC does not kayo JMM.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

He's been floored by Casamayor, Diaz and Katsidis since last facing Manny. He's on the slide and gets busted up big time imo.

floored by Diaz but you're right he is on the slide
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was funny watching Bob say how Rios could match Pacs intensity and speed. While both Robert Garcia and Rios are standing there with the wtf look in their faces.

Bob Arum: "Yea Rios is the guy I think can match Pacs intensity and speed and it would be a good fight".

Robert Garcia: (thinking in his head) "Oh not that guy again, is Bob on crack? He'd kill Rios".

Brandon Rios: (thinking in his head) "Fxck that, I just seen what he did to my big homies face. Is Bob on crack?

ICB Guest

He wasn't floored by Casamayor, plus Manny Pacquiao hasn't faced a real good boxer in ages. Notice all his lastest opponents have been pressure fighter's, and that isn't the way to beat Manny Pacquiao.

ICB Guest

I'd love to see this!!!!

omg you too ice i thought it's only VD
    Just supporting my fighter JMM is my favourite current fighter, and i've rooted for him for years. And that's not going to change whether he's up against it or not.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wasn't floored by Casamayor, plus Manny Pacquiao hasn't faced a real good boxer in ages. Notice all his lastest opponents have been pressure fighter's, and that isn't the way to beat Manny Pacquiao.
    Shane
    Margarito
    Clottey
    Cotto

Only Tony was dumb enough to keep coming forward.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

Shane
    Margarito
    Clottey
    Cotto

Mosley is washed up and didn't even fight, all the other fighters you mentioned are all pressure fighter's who come forward. None of those fighter's are good on the backfoot like JMM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

Shane
    Margarito
    Clottey
    Cotto

Mosley is washed up and didn't even fight, all the other fighters you mentioned are all pressure fighter's who come forward. None of those fighter's are good on the backfoot like JMM.
    Who fought like a pressure fighter though? I dont know about you but the recent fighters pac has face were running the hell away from him.

Thread Information