Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fed up with sh!t commentating!?!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fed up with sh!t commentating!?!

I'm not a massive poster on here but regularly log in to see what's going on..... Is it just me or is anyone else finding they're watching more and more boxing with the mute button!! Last night on box nation (rip off) whoever the commentator was, (Bernstein?) was so far up FMJ's arse from the opening bell -it ruined it for the neutral..... Literally from round 5 I muted the prick only to turn volume back on in 11th where he even said nothing happened in 1st 30secs missing a big(ish) punch! And don't get me started on Jim Watt! Fed up! Impressed with FMJ tho.....

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fed up with sh!t commentating!?!

Agreed, the commentators were only seeing Floyd's work, even when he was doing nothing. It was a joke, unfortunately the judges seem to be seeing the same thing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with that, commentary was rubbish.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, they were going on about how amazing and invinsible Floyd was. I saw that he is beatable tonight..and we even had a casual watching it with us who said "I would give it to Cotto you know". I wouldn't have gone that far but the commentators painted an inaccurate picture. How was HBO's commentary? Theyre usually interesting because Lampley loves Floyd and Merchant hates him.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I look at a fight and make my own judgement,the commentating is secondary when you sit there watching it live at ring side you don't have any one commentating. Turn down the volume and
    just watch the fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    I'm not a massive poster on here but regularly log in to see what's going on..... Is it just me or is anyone else finding they're watching more and more boxing with the mute button!! Last night on box nation (rip off) whoever the commentator was, (Bernstein?) was so far up FMJ's arse from the opening bell -it ruined it for the neutral..... Literally from round 5 I muted the prick only to turn volume back on in 11th where he even said nothing happened in 1st 30secs missing a big(ish) punch! And don't get me started on Jim Watt! Fed up! Impressed with FMJ tho.....
    I really enjoyed the fight despite the commentary, I also watched a boxnation copy. Whoever the commentator was though, it was absurd. Just kept reeling off words like Master, Perfect, Genius, his tongue was so far up floyds arse it was sickening.

I was also really impressed with Floyd. I dont see anyone beating him at 154 or 147. He'll probably have to step up to 160 to be beat I'd say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: Fed up with sh!t commentating!?!

I find that HBO's commentary is often biased. Lampley puts on blinders when calling the blow by blow, and ignores the shots landed by the non-preferred fighter.

Forget Floyd/Cotto and HBO's commentating on that.
    I'm just amazed at how inept HBO is. They didn't do any homework for Lattimore/Quintana.

1-Is Quintana a huge puncher? No
    2-Is Quintana a little long in the tooth? Yes
    That is all they asked themselves in preparing for the fight.

They neglected to ask:
    1-Does Lattimore look impressive whenever he is facing a decent fighter? He TKO'd Sechew Powell, but he lost a close one to Corey Spinks and more importantly, he lost the rematch to Powell.
    2-What is Lattimore's recent performance? Against Milton Nunez, 10 weeks ago, a 23-3-1 Colmbian, who could be easily outboxed but has some decent power, Lattimore got dropped in rounds 9 and 10 and then barely won a 10 round decision.

If they looked at all the facts, the HBO crew would have known that Quintana is a proud veteran, was a class above Latimore in his prime, would give Lattimore a tough fight and had a decent chance of winning if he had enough left, and a KO would be a mild suprise, but not a shocker.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    I find that HBO's commentary is often biased. Lampley puts on blinders when calling the blow by blow, and ignores the shots landed by the non-preferred fighter.

Forget Floyd/Cotto and HBO's commentating on that.
    I'm just amazed at how inept HBO is. They didn't do any homework for Lattimore/Quintana.

1-Is Quintana a huge puncher? No
    2-Is Quintana a little long in the tooth? Yes
    That is all they asked themselves in preparing for the fight.

They neglected to ask:
    1-Does Lattimore look impressive whenever he is facing a decent fighter? He TKO'd Sechew Powell, but he lost a close one to Corey Spinks and more importantly, he lost the rematch to Powell.
    2-What is Lattimore's recent performance? Against Milton Nunez, 10 weeks ago, a 23-3-1 Colmbian, who could be easily outboxed but has some decent power, Lattimore got dropped in rounds 9 and 10 and then barely won a 10 round decision.

If they looked at all the facts, the HBO crew would have known that Quintana is a proud veteran, was a class above Latimore in his prime, would give Lattimore a tough fight and had a decent chance of winning if he had enough left, and a KO would be a mild suprise, but not a shocker.
    definitely agree with that. Great post.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Thread Information