Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How good was Hector "Macho" Camacho?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How good was Hector "Macho" Camacho?

Just got through watching Camacho vs Pazienza on ESPN Classic the other night, and Camacho was 38-0 back then in 1990. I haven't seen much of Camacho in his prime, but he looked to be a good boxer, featherfisted but a good slick fighter. I know everyone hated him, but how good was he in his prime?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How good was Hector "Macho" Camacho?

I don't thing everyone hated him....he was a very slick and skilled guy.
    Just lacked big one punch Ko power but won LOTS of fight.
    He did it the way PBF is now..movement speed etc. This style isn't always the most popular as we are seeing now with PBF.
    He always made an exciting fight and was one of the first to bring a degree of showmanship and wwe style hype to a fight.

WHAT TIME IS IT?

ITS MACHO TIME!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Just got through watching Camacho vs Pazienza on ESPN Classic the other night, and Camacho was 38-0 back then in 1990. I haven't seen much of Camacho in his prime, but he looked to be a good boxer, featherfisted but a good slick fighter. I know everyone hated him, but how good was he in his prime?
    He was very slick and fast in his prime. After the rosario fight he became more cautious. But he had one hell of a chin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

very good boxer imo. PRIME SRL definitely batters him though.

SigmaMu Guest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched that same fight yesterday. Camacho was damn good. Tons of skill, flashy, good heart. I didn't like him much then, but I appreciate him now much more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy fought a lot of championship competition and fared well. I don't know why I always think of him as a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    The guy fought a lot of championship competition and fared well. I don't know why I always think of him as a joke.
    I always thought of him as a joke before as well. I think allot of it had to do with what he wore to ring and his press conferances and how like someone else said he broght the wwe style to boxer. I actually have a good friend of mine that trained in the same gym as camacho and he said camacho was all work in the gym man all that nonsense you seen on tv and shit isn't really him its just part of putting on a show for the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    I watched that same fight yesterday. Camacho was damn good. Tons of skill, flashy, good heart. I didn't like him much then, but I appreciate him now much more.
    my feelings as well..I guess the fact that we are still taking about him and his intros says something......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never followed Macho...don't know why...but he just really didn't do shit for me.

From what I saw...he was a goody...but...like I said...I didn't really follow him so it'd be hard for me to comment...don't even know why I did.

Oh yeah... .

That about explains it.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Macho was a great fighter in his prime.. excellent footwork ! his fight with Paz was a great watch !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Macho was a great fighter in his prime.. excellent footwork ! his fight with Paz was a great watch !
    Hate to flip th esubject on ya right here & now...but have you seen the Jones jr vs Paz fight?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was great to watch if you want to see the definition of a wonderful fight and a great jab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    That was great to watch if you want to see the definition of a wonderful fight and a great jab
    You mean the Jones vs Paz fight? I tell you what...Paz earned his beating in that fight.

Jones owned him with ease. He kept taunting Jones throughout the 5 or 6 rounds that he lasted. I couldn't figure that out.

Every time he mugged or smiled at Roy...he ate a jab & then a hook & then a 3 or 4 punch combo. That was a pretty viscious beating, IWO. He just kept taking it & Roy just kept giving it. That was what I always loved about ole' Roy...he was always on point & once he started he was unstoppable.

Credit to Pazienza for making it to the sixth round but he was clearly out of his league. As usual...Roy just made it look like another day on the job. He always tended to do so...with everyone that he fought.

All good things come to an end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    You mean the Jones vs Paz fight? I tell you what...Paz earned his beating in that fight.

Jones owned him with ease. He kept taunting Jones throughout the 5 or 6 rounds that he lasted. I couldn't figure that out.

Every time he mugged or smiled at Roy...he ate a jab & then a hook & then a 3 or 4 punch combo. That was a pretty viscious beating, IWO. He just kept taking it & Roy just kept giving it. That was what I always loved about ole' Roy...he was always on point & once he started he was unstoppable.

Credit to Pazienza for making it to the sixth round but he was clearly out of his league. As usual...Roy just made it look like another day on the job. He always tended to do so...with everyone that he fought.

All good things come to an end.
    All True but that was not Vinny Pazienza anywhere near his prime Paz was already 33 and fighting in a weight class he aged into .... Paz was a better fighter at lightweight and Jr welterweight.

Roy Jones on the other hand was lean in his prime and at his best fighting weight 168 and 26 years old. A huge mismatch as it should be !

Thread Information