Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Very intresting odds on Potential Hatton superfights.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Very intresting odds on Potential Hatton superfights.

Just popped into the bookies this morning to have a flutter on the Wimbeldon Tennis, and came across odds English bookmakers have for the following fights if they happen in the near future:

5/6 Dela Hoya
    5/6 Hatton

this was stated if at 147? Could Dela Hoya make 147? If so is there value on Dela Hoya i think so!

8/11 Cotto
    Evs Hatton

I think they got this one about right, Cotto slight favourite

4/7 Mayweather
    5/4 Hatton

147 again id ihave Mayweather a bit bigger favourite maybe 2/5.

What you guys think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Very intresting odds on Potential Hatton superfights.

Hatton at evens against COTTO at 147 are bad odds. I'd expect higher. I also thnk De La Hoya's pd sshould be higher. Apart from that it's all about right.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just editing this post as I misread it I thought those were the odds of these fights happening, not who would win.

Anyways now I've engaged my brain fully.

Hatton against Oscar all depends on the weight. Personally I think Oscar beats Hatton at 147 and for sure at anything over that.

140.........well Oscar couldn't get there so irrelevent, anyways this fight will never happen.

Cotto, I'd have Cotto a BIG favourite. If Hatton were to go up to 147 and beat Cotto I'd say that would be the biggest British upset since Randy Turpin beat Sugar Ray Robinson.

Mayweather, won't happen and if it does Hatton gets owned. If he won that flat out it would be the biggest British fight upset of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Just editing this post as I misread it I thought those were the odds of these fights happening, not who would win.

Hatton against Oscar all depends on the weight. Personally I think Oscar beats Hatton at 147 and for sure at anything over that.

140.........well Oscar couldn't get there so irrelevent, anyways this fight will never happen.

Cotto, I'd have Cotto a BIG favourite. If Hatton were to go up to 147 and beat Cotto I'd say that would be the biggest British upset since Randy Turpin beat Sugar Ray Robinson.

Mayweather, won't happen and if it does Hatton gets owned. If he won that flat out it would be the biggest British fight upset of all time.
    Do you really think Hatton beating Mayweather would be a bigger upset than Honeygahn beating Donald Curry ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Shaw

Do you really think Hatton beating Mayweather would be a bigger upset than Honeygahn beating Donald Curry ?

Yes i was thinking the same thing, if you think the odds are about right Bilbo, how could it be one of the biggest upsets? 4/7 in a two horse race means the bookmakers think there isnt much between them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Malignaggi is 4/1 to be Hattons next opponent and thats a dead cert. Show me the money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Just popped into the bookies this morning to have a flutter on the Wimbeldon Tennis, and came across odds English bookmakers have for the following fights if they happen in the near future:

5/6 Dela Hoya
    5/6 Hatton

this was stated if at 147? Could Dela Hoya make 147? If so is there value on Dela Hoya i think so!

8/11 Cotto
    Evs Hatton

I think they got this one about right, Cotto slight favourite

4/7 Mayweather
    5/4 Hatton

147 again id ihave Mayweather a bit bigger favourite maybe 2/5.

What you guys think?
    Hatton is too small for fight Oscar, which means it is a fight Oscar would want right now.. And Mayweather would beat Hatton. Hatton is good but those two fights are not in reach right now. I think Hatton should move up and then maybe test the weight for awhile at 147 since I am not sure he is big enough. Against Castillo he looked smaller.. If he can stay at 140 why not do it. The intrigue of those fights with Mayweather and Cotto will get him to 147. At 147 both guys might beat him, but at 140 p4p Hatton would beat Cotto. Hatton is the better fighter than Cotto, but the size at 147 is a big of a problem for Hatton. He should try to ease into the weight and see if he can handle it and how his body feels. With Floyd the weight is no problem, it is style.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Shaw

Yes i was thinking the same thing, if you think the odds are about right Bilbo, how could it be one of the biggest upsets? 4/7 in a two horse race means the bookmakers think there isnt much between them.
    I don't think the odds are right. I wouldn't put money on Ricky in that fight if the odds were 10/1.

I see what your saying about upset odds though, I guess Honeyghan was a massive underdog against Curry. What I meant was it would be the biggest British win of all time. Mayweather is undefeated, a world champ in 5 divisions and has beaten a whose who of boxers in his career.

If Hatton fought and beat him it would be possibly the biggest win of modern times for a British fighter.

Thread Information