Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Oneil Bell vs. Darnell Wilson-what a brawl that would be!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oneil Bell vs. Darnell Wilson-what a brawl that would be!

Haven't seen these two for a while. Especially Bell, he's pretty inactive typically. I'd love to see him fight the "Ding a ling Man" in a FNF main event or something. My money would be on Wilson at this point. How bout yall? And the winner could fight David Haye.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oneil Bell vs. Darnell Wilson-what a brawl that would be!

I'll take Bell by late stoppage

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I suppose if I woulda said Bell, then you woulda taken Wilson. Right?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I suppose if I woulda said Bell, then you woulda taken Wilson. Right?
    No. I would of agreed. Bell is the better fighter

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Darnell has a fight coming up on FNF's with Andre Purlette, hes going to avenge a close loss on the cards, it was a 6 round fight . This one is 10, Wilson by k.o. Bell Vs. Wilson would be good but Wilson looks a little too slow for Bell, but who knows with that one shot power he has.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Darnell has a fight coming up on FNF's with Andre Purlette, hes going to avenge a close loss on the cards, it was a 6 round fight . This one is 10, Wilson by k.o. Bell Vs. Wilson would be good but Wilson looks a little too slow for Bell, but who knows with that one shot power he has.
    Freakin Bell NEVER fights anymore though. He'd rather chuck hatchets at his sparring partners. I like Bell, he's cool, "the fight doesn't start till I get knocked down", how can you not love that? But Wilson is on a roll.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd probably take Bell but he'd be rocked/dropped at least once or twice in the fight. Would be a great fight. Wilson deserves a shot but doesn't like many guys are lining up to give him a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Bell would win but it wouldnt be easy. Wilsons been on a pretty good streak but Bell is is little step up.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted Wilson my comback fighter of the year, after 4 straight losses, 4 straight k.o.'s. Believe me I would be pulling for Wilson, but Bell has more skills for sure and would probably take Wilson to school. If Wilson beat Purlette and then a step up opponent, then we can talk Bell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would give Darnell a shot. Bell is the better fighter, but Wilson is hungrier and Bell isn't master boxer. Wilson has the power to spark out Bell and I bet he would put enough pressure on him to eventually land it. The problem for Wilson is that he leaves himself very open and gets hit alot himself. He seems to rely on the fact the he has a granite chin, and that would spell problems against Bell. I'm rooting for Ding-a-Ling to get himself a shot. He's paid his dues and he's worth watching just because you know that he can put a guy down at anytime with one punch. Makes for a some good tension in the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bell is by far the better fighter but his inactivity would not help him at all. Typically, rusty fighters forget the finer points and try to end it early. You need that constant practice and work to keep boxing skills sharp. It's BELLS BOXING SKILLS THAT WOULD WIN HIM THE FIGHT IF HE WAS (oops, caps lock off) to win it and if they aren't as good as they could be Darnell would create big problems. Wilson however is stayin fresh and has good power, couple that with Bells tendencies to be rocked or hit the deck. I could see Bell rushing in early and getting caught big time in the second. By the fourth Wilson would be up 3-1 in rounds but slowly Bell would edge back into it. Darnell slowly looking lost as he can't get past bell's jab. Wilson see's a slightly revival in the 9th nad the final rounds but it is not enough. Bell wins a SD. 7-5 in rounds twice, once for each fighter and then 6-4 for Bell. One of those fights were it depends what you like in a fight. Just to be vague....lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_shaw
    Bell is by far the better fighter but his inactivity would not help him at all. Typically, rusty fighters forget the finer points and try to end it early. You need that constant practice and work to keep boxing skills sharp. It's BELLS BOXING SKILLS THAT WOULD WIN HIM THE FIGHT IF HE WAS (oops, caps lock off) to win it and if they aren't as good as they could be Darnell would create big problems. Wilson however is stayin fresh and has good power, couple that with Bells tendencies to be rocked or hit the deck. I could see Bell rushing in early and getting caught big time in the second. By the fourth Wilson would be up 3-1 in rounds but slowly Bell would edge back into it. Darnell slowly looking lost as he can't get past bell's jab. Wilson see's a slightly revival in the 9th nad the final rounds but it is not enough. Bell wins a SD. 7-5 in rounds twice, once for each fighter and then 6-4 for Bell. One of those fights were it depends what you like in a fight. Just to be vague....lol.
    NostSugar_Shawadamus :P

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_shaw
    When is the last time Bell put on a boxing clinic? If anything I'd see him winnin by KO. Not outboxing Wilson.

Thread Information