Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default McKart says "Pavlik is the Real Deal"

Kelly Pavlik stopped McKart for the first time in his carrer and McKart says he felt every punch. He thought Pavlik was a one punch power puncher but said that is not the case all of his punches have sting.

Does this allow Pavlik to get more credit since he stopped a guy that had never been stopped in 54 fights. Do people now feel he deserves his #2 WBC and #3 WBA rankings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: McKart says "Pavlik is the Real Deal"

I thought the OLN card was much better than ESPN2 as of late. What the heck was Micheal Buffer doing on that network? I thought HBO had him locked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=huntin_itai ]
    Kelly Pavlik stopped McKart for the first time in his carrer and McKart says he felt every punch. He thought Pavlik was a one punch power puncher but said that is not the case all of his punches have sting.

Does this allow Pavlik to get more credit since he stopped a guy that had never been stopped in 54 fights. Do people now feel he deserves his #2 WBC and #3 WBA rankings.
    [/quote

Good for Kelly on the win, but I was not impressed with his skills or smarts.
    His youth is what won it for him. Not sure how he would do against a true top 5 guy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    His youth is what won it for him. Not sure how he would do against a true top 5 guy...
    why didnt Miranda wanna fight kelly again?

anyway what didnt u like about kellys skills?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a good step up fight for Pavlik, but McKart has been relatively inactive of late. It was a solid win over a solid pro & hopefully Kelly can make a lot of noise @ middle. The middleweight division is pretty weak barr Taylor & Wright so Pavlik can definitely become a major player.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by means2184
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    why didnt Miranda wanna fight kelly again?

anyway what didnt u like about kellys skills?
    Kelly disappeared since the Zuniga win. He had a shot to fight Miranda but didn't take it. Miranda instantly stepped it up and fought Eastman and now going for Abraham in Germany.
    I hope to see Pavlik do the same soon. He has the skills and experience to step in with the top guys.

If Bronco had the energy of the past I think he would have given Pavlik a lot of trouble. He just tired out quickly and Pavlik hit him good a few times. Pavlik has now been down twice in the same number of fights. Never seemed really hurt, but just the same I'm not sure what that means when he does get hit by someone with real power.

Maybe after Abraham (if things go the way as planned), Miranda will give Pavlik a shot. I would still love to see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still disagree with you Pantera on who backed out of the fight. Miranda would not sign to fight because he felt Taylor would give him a shot after he beat BHop the first time. He even went to the fight to call him out. Because they did not sign, Kelly took a fight with Zertuche and then Kelly hurt his hand and did not fight again until McKart. Regardless of what you say about McKart, age does not take away a solid chin it was the amount and power behind Pavlik's punches that stopped McKart and not age.

Kelly took some good shots from Fulgencio Zuniga after the first round flash knockdown, he took them fine and the knockdown against McKart was without question a slip and not from any type of punch.

I would love to see the 2 biggest hitters in the division square off against each other. We will talk again after the Abraham fight, I hope Miranda does not expose himself to the right hand like he did against Eastman, Abraham could make him pay dearly if he does.

Good luck to Miranda and hope to see him and Kelly in the ring against each other soon.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik looks good. But Mckart has been shot for awhile already

Thread Information