Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ringside equipment...

A lot of Ringside equipment is on clearance. There's some things I'll probably pick up, such as a jump rope, a few t-shirts, stuff like that. But they also have bag gloves DIRT cheap. Like, $20-30 cheap. The gloves are Ringside and Top Contender. Is this stuff any good, or would it just be a waste of money to pick up a pair of gloves from there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ringside equipment...

sure, ringside is a great name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bought my girlfriend some of the ringside training gloves and they were freakin awesome!! I figured they would just be OK, but they are hella nice,,,, so I got jelous and ordered my cleto's... I couldn't have my girlfriend having better gloves than me.. and if they weren't pink i'd use the a lot as well...

Don't hesitate on buying ringside gloves.... They are super quality.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by David H
    A lot of Ringside equipment is on clearance. There's some things I'll probably pick up, such as a jump rope, a few t-shirts, stuff like that. But they also have bag gloves DIRT cheap. Like, $20-30 cheap. The gloves are Ringside and Top Contender. Is this stuff any good, or would it just be a waste of money to pick up a pair of gloves from there?
    can't go wrong with ringside...top contender worries me a little though....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu
    Quote Originally Posted by David H
    can't go wrong with ringside...top contender worries me a little though....
    Yeah my wraps are Top Contender but I've never used anything else from them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where I'm at all the boxing gear at the local sports retailers cost less than the ones sold on the ringside/title websites and catalogues.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

iffraff Guest

Ringside is great. All my gloves and shite are from ringside. But just like everlast and rival, they have some very low end stuff which is crap. So if it LOOKs very cheap it may be. I have the superbag gloves and they're great but I don't know about the unsuper bag gloves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    Where I'm at all the boxing gear at the local sports retailers cost less than the ones sold on the ringside/title websites and catalogues.
    what brands? Chris..dear friend...it aint as good. Just get yourself some decent gear!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I finally was able to get a pair of ringside training gloves... spent an hour or so breakin them in on the bag last night and wow.... fit better than my title bag gloves I have and I'll tell ya hitting with ringsides is better than chokin the chicken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been buying and using Ringside stuff for years and have been very satisfied with it. If you're buying gloves I would make sure you get all leather and stay away from the vinyl stuff as it never seems to last. I have a pair of Ringside super bag gloves I bought about 10 yrs ago that are still good. They have a lot of wear on them, but no splits or tears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ringside stuff is great. My round timer is on the fritz, but my mitts work great, my Top Contender sparring gloves are great, and I really like my wraps.

I wouldn't buy their shoes, though. I bought two pairs through them, a Top Contender pair that was breaking down after a month and a half. The other pair was these Cleto Reyes shoes: http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25500 They've been really good to me. Adidas also makes good shoes (at least wrestling shoes)

Thread Information