Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Jones rematching Soto Karass?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mike Jones rematching Soto Karass?

I see this listed as the undercard for the Montiel-Donaire fight in Feb. I really hope its true because I thought Soto-Karass was robbed in the first fight. I also think it will be closer for Jones this time because theres no way in hell he blows his load like the first fight. He really went all out in that round and his output almost cut in half after that. I thought Karass did enough to win that, and obviously some others did too or this wouldnt be happening.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mike Jones rematching Soto Karass?

Should happen def. Not sure wildish Jones learns all he has to going straight into rematch, Soto-Karass could pick up where he left off and get clean nod.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO Jones is the one who made it a close fight in the first place, he'll probably fight smarter this time around and show a bit more discipline and patience and box Karass for a clear decision win this time around, it was only a close fight the first time around cause he pulled a Jermain Taylor and spent all of his energy early on trying to get a very durable guy out of there instead of breaking him down when he saw he had the power to rock the dude, i'd pick Jones for a late stoppage win in the rematch but he'll probably will just choose to box and take rounds and not risk getting fatigued

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought this was a great fight and Karass definitely should have got the decision. Look forward to this though. Surely Jones has the ability to work Karass better the second time round.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones will win this easy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rewatched. I think Soto Karass beats him via tjko. Stamina,experience and mental make up....Jones is a true prospect and solid but strikes me a smaller Paul Williams Thats good and bad

Hey...we are all just lucky they are rematching, awesome fight!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike Jones punched himself out the first fight in the first round I believe.
    Still though, Soto Karass weathered the storm and deserved the victory.

Soto Karass might just have Jones number after what happened first time out.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You all out of your mind, Mike Jones will learn from this lesson and win convincingly.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You all out of your mind, Mike Jones will learn from this lesson and win convincingly.
    I think ya may be really underrating what Soto-Karass was able to do. He dealt with Jones attack and switched on and off with punching thru Jones shots, roughed him up & walked him around, all while gazing thru some nasty cuts. Not as if he wasn't hit clean after 2nd also...and he coped well with it. Jones strikes me as being this forward pressure guy, bit wide and not to versed on the backfoot...raw at tempering his power and making adjustments. He's faced nothing close to the depth Soto-Karass has and it showed glaringly in spots. While those rounds will benefit him, every fighter needs a acid test like that, I doubt he'll just fall into form and come out some spit & polish new model going into immediate rematch. Karass also had 10 rounds to study.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think ya may be really underrating what Soto-Karass was able to do. He dealt with Jones attack and switched on and off with punching thru Jones shots, roughed him up & walked him around, all while gazing thru some nasty cuts. Not as if he wasn't hit clean after 2nd also...and he coped well with it. Jones strikes me as being this forward pressure guy, bit wide and not to versed on the backfoot...raw at tempering his power and making adjustments. He's faced nothing close to the depth Soto-Karass has and it showed glaringly in spots. While those rounds will benefit him, every fighter needs a acid test like that, I doubt he'll just fall into form and come out some spit & polish new model going into immediate rematch. Karass also had 10 rounds to study.
    Mike shot his load round 2, he will learn from that trust me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones deserves a measure of credit for going for broke and pushing the stoppage in the 1st place. I really think the other way of looking at this should be Jones fought 8 rounds of about 1/4 of his stamina and karass couldnt stop him.

Jones is a bit more polished and will measure is stamina better and will get the stoppage he would have gotten the 1st time around... Kudos for the rematch! How many times does a prospect squeak one out from a dangerous wiley pro and then runs out the back door to other things... This is good for boxing

El Kabong Guest

Didn't Soto-Karas take big punishment from that fight? I mean that couldn't have helped him in the long run....I think Jones stops him mid to late after completely dominating him.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon Jones beats him fairly convincingly second time around. He will respect him a lot more and fight a much smarter fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah you gotta give Jones props for rematching. Alfonso Gomes didnt give him a rematch, because he knows he was on the way to getting his ass kicked. Karass has a mediocre record, but he has been in tough most of his career. Highly doubt Jones gets a stoppage, he may box smarter and conserve stamina better though. Karass has been pretty unlucky lately, but he can turn that around with a win over Jones.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should happen def. Not sure wildish Jones learns all he has to going straight into rematch, Soto-Karass could pick up where he left off and get clean nod.
    I wanna co-sign this...

SoKar is a tough SOB. Don't believe me look him up.
    I always wanted to see him vs. Alfonso Gomez go at it or him vs. Shamone Alvarez.
    I just think their styles would make for thrilling fights.

If anything I think SoKar learned that Jones is not a finisher and Jones can't take him out. I completely agree that SoKar will pick right up where he left off and he wont take the foot off the gas pedal.

SoKar via Decision.

Thread Information