Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default '09 for the Petersons

Both guys have been considered prospects for a few years now, and while they have both gotten a lot of TV play, neither one has attempted to step up in their respective divisions.

Lamont Peterson 26-0-0 (12 KOs) 24 years old Light Welterweight. Last fight was a 10 rounder against Lanardo Tyner I belive it was on ESPN2.
    A less than exciting fight had Tyner playing the role of the heavy bag for Peterson.

Anthony Peterson 28-0-0 (19 KOs) 23 years old Lightweight. Last fight was a 10 rounder against Javier Jauregui, Javier got through to Peterson a bit, but had to eat a ton of jabs to get inside which seemed to be why the judges favored him. Anthony is waiting for an opponent for his spot on the Cotto/Jennings undercard.

I think the bop brothers have some definate skills and they are both still very young, but I think it's about time they try to climb up the rankings and face more live bodies. I would particularly like to see this from Lamont because he is in such a shallow division. Will we see them facing ranked fighters in '09? I seriously doubt it.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: '09 for the Petersons

It gotta be the people running their camps and careers cause they are overdue for their shot

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm almost getting a bit tired of waiting for them to step up, there were some talk of Anthony versus Julio Diaz but apparently that is going nowhere.

I think they both have the potential to be champions, they just need to step up.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are these guys with Top Rank?

Like the look of both of them, although I've seen more of Anthony. Think they should pull a move similar to Khan & get an old legend under their belt to push them towards a title shot

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Are these guys with Top Rank?

Like the look of both of them, although I've seen more of Anthony. Think they should pull a move similar to Khan & get an old legend under their belt to push them towards a title shot
    Yeah they are both with Top Rank.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just do not understand the stagnation with these guys respected careers?Almost an exercise in mediocrity waiting for both to take the next big step.Don't know if its a Network issue,promotion but some times it seems they are too settled into styles,need a spark...bigger challengeAnthony looks a touch above his bro imo,Shifty old Jaurequi is no cake walk and gives a guy some looks,hopefully he can build off of that one as the Lightweights are some what stacked nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure what to think about these 2 guys....Though I was never a fan of either I would have thought one of them would have had some sort of title shot by now....If not at least be on the undercard of a big PPV (Right before the main event etc..)....Something to be exposed to the wide audience and thrust into the title picture even if it is as a contender
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to Dan Rafael of ESPN Bob Arum is trying to match his fighter, Lamont Peterson (26-0, 12 KOs), with France's Willy Blain (20-0, 3 KOs) for a vacant interim belt on the April 25 Lopez-Penalosa card. HBO still has to approve it.

Lamont and Blain have some history going back to the amateurs. Here's their amateur match.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7u...erson-am_sport

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not impressed with either brother...I think they are being brought along slowly because they will get sparked when they face world class opposition...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    According to Dan Rafael of ESPN Bob Arum is trying to match his fighter, Lamont Peterson (26-0, 12 KOs), with France's Willy Blain (20-0, 3 KOs) for a vacant interim belt on the April 25 Lopez-Penalosa card. HBO still has to approve it.

Lamont and Blain have some history going back to the amateurs. Here's their amateur match.
    Thats a great match-up! Both guys are at that point of needing to step up, good breakout fight for the winner!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post

Thats a great match-up! Both guys are at that point of needing to step up, good breakout fight for the winner!!!
    I don't know if the Petersons are ever going to really step up to the higher levels, this is a good grudge match for sure though.

Thread Information