Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fair Play To Froch

I give my congrats to the fellow... Will go on record to say, he needs to really get his shit together if he is going to try and compete at the big time...

But shiit man that was damn great rally that you see maybe once evry few years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fair Play To Froch

Yeah, his defence is shit. He has the heart and spirit but really needs to tighten his game up. If he can do that he will be a handful for anyone, as he kinda proved tonight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

all this fight did was prove Taylor's stamina is shit, and he should retire, also that Froch gets beat by any other decent Super Middle, i had it 9-2 for Taylor, he fuckin gave the fight away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant believe their questioning the stoppage.... He has 0 business calling out Calzaghe or Kessler

The scoring has to be a heartbreak for Taylor 14 seconds away

I give him a great chance against Allan Green, Green is kinda chinny, but has great power and technical prowess

Whats next for Taylor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah taylor gave the fight away but take nothing away from carl froch, he did what he had to do

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, fair play to Froch, he got Taylor out of there. And going by the judges scorecards he needed to as well. The fight got very exciting at the end. Froch has proven that he is able to handle himself at the world level IMO. Taylor is still a very handy fighter, and a challenge for most fighters at SMW.

I saw a lot of flaws in Froch. His workrate is sometimes lacking and his defence isn't up to much. I'm annoyed that he's gone and called out Calzaghe again, I wouldn't mind seeing Joe come back one last time and box his head off for 12. But the other side of me says screw that, and let Calzaghe enjoy his retirement. If Froch wants a real challenge then he should face Kessler IMO. Kessler won't be getting stopped and doesn't have the stamina issues Taylor has.

And come to think of it Taylor probably deserves a rematch too considering he was up on 2 of the scorecards by a fair margin.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Yes, fair play to Froch, he got Taylor out of there. And going by the judges scorecards he needed to as well. The fight got very exciting at the end. Froch has proven that he is able to handle himself at the world level IMO. Taylor is still a very handy fighter, and a challenge for most fighters at SMW.

I saw a lot of flaws in Froch. His workrate is sometimes lacking and his defence isn't up to much. I'm annoyed that he's gone and called out Calzaghe again, I wouldn't mind seeing Joe come back one last time and box his head off for 12. But the other side of me says screw that, and let Calzaghe enjoy his retirement. If Froch wants a real challenge then he should face Kessler IMO. Kessler won't be getting stopped and doesn't have the stamina issues Taylor has.

And come to think of it Taylor probably deserves a rematch too considering he was up on 2 of the scorecards by a fair margin.
    i give full credit to Froch, he made the most of his opportunity, but honestly this fight is a perfect example of a fighter giving away a clear win (Taylor) more than the other stealing the win (Froch), IMO Froch is the weakest of the champions at 168

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

i give full credit to Froch, he made the most of his opportunity, but honestly this fight is a perfect example of a fighter giving away a clear win (Taylor) more than the other stealing the win (Froch), IMO Froch is the weakest of the champions at 168
    seriously u think bute is worse than froch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i mean u think froch is worse than bute

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post

seriously u think bute is worse than froch
    seeing how the opposite happened against Bute and he was actually dominating the massive 168 lb fighter in Andrade until he got ko'd but was spared the loss lol, yea i do, even though not by much, Librado Andrade beats both

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Taylor wants a rematch I think Froch should grant it immediately. It has echoes of the first Pavlik fight, except in this case Froch found it harder to come on strong down the stretch. Totally agree that Froch still has a lot to prove. Beating Taylor was a good start, but totally agree that there are still a lot of question marks about him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Taylor wants a rematch I think Froch should grant it immediately. It has echoes of the first Pavlik fight, except in this case Froch found it harder to come on strong down the stretch. Totally agree that Froch still has a lot to prove. Beating Taylor was a good start, but totally agree that there are still a lot of question marks about him.
    thing is Taylor's jab looked the best it has in a long time, but again from 9 on he abandoned it, he has one of the best jabs in the game and IMO could of won the fight on that shot alone, but for god knows what reason, he abandoned it, another thing, Taylor's stamina is shit, don't know if its due to lack of roadwork or what, but if he can't go the full 12 he shouldn't be fighting for a title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    I cant believe their questioning the stoppage.... He has 0 business calling out Calzaghe or Kessler

The scoring has to be a heartbreak for Taylor 14 seconds away

I give him a great chance against Allan Green, Green is kinda chinny, but has great power and technical prowess

Whats next for Taylor?
    I gotta think Froch will spark Green. Green can punch, but we know he can be hurt. At least Froch was never knocked down but subpar competition like Green was by Peter Manfredo victim Donny McCrary.

The stoppage was good. It cost me a sig bet, but it is what it is. It was a good stoppage. Jermaine was getting hit by everything and he wasn't throwing back. If it wasn't stopped, Froch was going to put him on his seat in those 14 seconds and he would have been hurt.

Kessler and Dirrell beat Froch in a walk. I think Andrade would give him all kinds of problems and I'd actually favor Andrade in a fight. Froch won his fight because wanted it more and Taylor quit trying to hurt him, either because he was afraid or tired. I'd make Bute a slight favorite, but I give Froch a decent chance.

Against anybody else at 168, I'd make Froch a favorite. He's not the second coming like some of the fanboys think, but I'll admit he belongs with the big boys and he's earned his shot to fight any of them.

As for Taylor. it's been a good run, but it's done. If you can't beat this flawed (though talented) fighter, you are now officially a gatekeeper. Retire or you're back on FnF. Please don't try to redeem yourself by being the test horse for Dirrell. He'll murder you. You have a hot wife. Go home to Arkansas and kick back.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do people keep saying that Taylor 'gave away' the win?

It's not like he decided to stop trying or thought it would be a great idea to get knocked out.

He lost because Froch literally beat eeverything he had out of him. He gave 110% there was nothing more Taylor could have done. He simply couldn't last the distance with Carl tonight, no shame in that and he didn't quit or give up.

It was a brilliant win by Carl Froch, Taylor couldn't have done any more, he gave everything he had which is why he couldn't stand up at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    I give my congrats to the fellow... Will go on record to say, he needs to really get his shit together if he is going to try and compete at the big time...

But shiit man that was damn great rally that you see maybe once evry few years
    And I thought it was going to be a wash-out for Taylor going off Froch's questionable resume. I think its high-time for Taylor to consider retiring:
    He's been beaten badly by Pavlik, won a decision against a shot Lacy, and now get stopped by Karl F*&^ing Froch!?
    I'm not taking anything away from Froch, who really came on in this fight, but I was I had never heard of him, and the only fighter of 'note' on his resume was Robin Reid.
    Nevertheless, I wish all the best to Froch, but as JT noted, he really needs to get his shit together: hone some sort of a more effective defense, etc.
    As for Taylor, its pretty sad, as I admired him as a boxer and person - with the exception of the first robbery against Hopkins - but I really think he needs to re-evaluate his ring career.

Thread Information