Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I'm sick of Oscar DLH

I'm sick of him running boxing. He loses fights and he's still the number one fighter on fighters list of people they want to fight. That shit is annoying. IMO the only thing you get now for beating DLH is a payday not respect. I mean DLH is a good fighter but he needs to win so some fights. I just read Roy Jones say he would fight go down to 166 to fight DLH. A couple years ago Roy act like he couldn't get down that low to fight B-Hop but now he's willing to drop down to 166 to fight a fat DLH. This whole DLH thing just irritates me. I'm a huge PBF fan i didn't want to see him fight DLH either.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm sick of Oscar DLH

I agree there, I'm a Oscar fan but I'll be the 1st to tell when he's bullshiting.

I mean really the thought alone that he would fight Paulie is just ridiculous.
    He should really be ashamed at that shit.
    What he wan't to do here is build up to it so he's gonna try and get some easy fights (or at least the easiest he can find) to build it up to the rematch with PBF.

I do belive tho that once he focuses on Promoting and Promoting alone he's gonna sky rocket the sport a lot more into the main stream.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just look at all the promotion he does for his fights, thats why he's so damn popular. The World Awaits is the last fight in recent memory where I saw fliers posted around town as well as little handouts at liquor stores etc.... If other fighters had that kind of promotions boxing would become more known to the general public. Not just De La Hoya...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The hype that DLH bring to boxing i love. The PBF DLH fight brought hype back to boxing that i hadn't seen in a long time. I just hate how guys go after him for the payday. There is really no reason to call out DLH at this point other than money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De La Hoya is like any aging athlete who was once on top of the world and toesnt want to come down. Oscars poplularity is because of the fans and if we didnt buy his ppv's than he probably wouldnt be fighting. So we are to blame just as much as Oscar. As far as who he fights next, it is really a warm up fight so its unfair to criticize who he chooses to an extent. Oscar is 2-3 in his last 5 fight and hes not currently a champion. Zab Judah was 2-3 also before he fought Ryan Davis. Some of the names Oscar put out there are obviously better fighters than Davis. My point is Oscar needs a tune up fight if he is to continue. Honestly, Im tired of him being in the spotlight especially because of all the younger talent but the same goes for Hopkins, Jones, Tito, and other 90s fighters. Oscar just happens to be the most popular, again because of the fans.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sick of Oscar. I'm just sick of Oscar fighting Floyd.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree, im sick of oscar being an icon of boxing. the public annoys me as much as oscar though. they need to stop being so damn gullible and start knowing boxing not just oscar. i would rather live in a world were everyone wanted to fight floyd not oscar. i would rather hear roy say he'll go down to fight floyd, not damn oscar. that would make more sense even though roy has no business fighting a welterweight. i hope oscar would retire from fighting and just be a promoter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it is the public that is at fault here. If it was up to the people on here, I think the Roman Karm KO would have been bigger news than a rematch. Well maybe not, but you know what i mean.....

I don't understand why people like Oscar. I honestly don't. If it was based on ethnicity If you are Hispanic, there are so many really good guys to cheer for. If it is for looks, well people are extremely shallow. And God should pity their souls. For me, I would just as soon see Arce put his heart on the line as I would see a diver. OR hell if you to watch a quitter, I like Acelino more than Oscar.

I am not hating because I like him more than Tarver, Raheem, etc. But come on people.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    I'm not sick of Oscar. I'm just sick of Oscar fighting Floyd.
    I can agree with that.

Thread Information